The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone looking for an internship back in SG?

Bloomberg 2013 Summer Print News Internship - Singapore
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=4181078
Any SGians here have any idea how competitive the JTC scholarship or any other ASEAN-based Singapore scholarship? (Basically, those that are open to ASEAN/Foreign nationals to apply but work in SG after grad).

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
guys...i am going to date a singaporean girl. i wonder do singaporean girls expect the guy to pay for everything? do give me some tips. thank u :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2176915&p=40252676#post40252676
Free online course from Duke Uni - How to Reason and Argue

Reasoning is important. This course will teach you how to do it well. You will learn how to understand and assess arguments by other people and how to construct good arguments of your own about whatever matters to you.

Course Syllabus
Week One: How to Spot an Argument
Week Two: How to Untangle an Argument
Week Three: How to Reconstruct an Argument
Week Four: Propositional Logic
Week Five: Quantificational Logic
Week Six: Statistical Generalization and Application
Week Seven: Causal Reasoning
Week Eight: Probability
Week Nine: Decisions
Week Ten: Vagueness and Ambiguity
Week Eleven: Irrelevance
Week Twelve: Vacuity

https://www.coursera.org/course/thinkagain
Reply 3924
wow didn't know there is a forum just for singaporeans! anyone doing postgrad here in the UK?
Anyone studying law at Leeds, Southampton, Liverpool and Birmingham? Free to share with me how's the LLB program like in these universities?
Reply 3926
Original post by wwy90
wow didn't know there is a forum just for singaporeans! anyone doing postgrad here in the UK?

I am. If you have any questions you can PM me. 'll try my best to help.
Reply 3927
Original post by theil
I am. If you have any questions you can PM me. 'll try my best to help.

Hi theil, what are you studying? are you already doing postgrad?
Has anyone been to the Esplanade Theatre? I'm planning to watch Madama Butterfly in February but I'm not sure which seat to go for. My budget is S$68. I've been googling for more info on the seats, but nothing would beat the advice of a frequenter.

Among the interesting sites I bumped into:

SLO's Madama Butterfly Page
Seats to avoid in Esplanade Theatre
Views in the Theatre

P.s. Does anyone know if I can get better discounts than the 15% 20% stated in the webpage? Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi. Anyone here is studying in Plymouth University or got a place there in the coming Sept term?
Oh gawd, fellow Singaporeans and TSR forummers, I need some advice!

If you have a place in both UCL and NUS for Law, which would you pick and why? Assume money isn't a factor.

I'm comparing things like the teaching, student life, university reputation, opportunities after graduation etc.

Thanks!
Original post by Malefucius
Oh gawd, fellow Singaporeans and TSR forummers, I need some advice!

If you have a place in both UCL and NUS for Law, which would you pick and why? Assume money isn't a factor.

I'm comparing things like the teaching, student life, university reputation, opportunities after graduation etc.

Thanks!

UCL. Once in a lifetime study opp overseas. (perhaps)
London life is great. You life in the heart of London. like pls.
Same prestige as NUS. Same career opp also.
Student life is more exciting from what I hear. More activities.
Teaching I can't say much
How about workload? I heard it's easier to get a first in UCL because the marking is more lenient and the students are less kiasu (competitive) than NUS. Is that true?
Reply 3933
I thought law schools in the UK limit the number of firsts they give out?
Hey guys.

About to complete my NS this year. Recently got offered to do BA (Hons) Photography at University of the Arts London (LCC) after passing an interview with UAL staff in Singapore. I'll be starting around september 2013.

some opinions that i need:

1) Where in London would be ideal for first time Singaporeans studying in London? (Most likely staying with my GF. Prefer a studio apartment with rooms of our own and a small living room-like area. She got accepted too)

2) Any avenues that i can look at to lessen money needed to study in the UK? applicable for singaporeans. eg: bursaries, scholarship, loans, anything at all.....
Hey!

I just started writing a blog based on my experience applying to UK medical schools, its a way of my giving back to TSR for having given my so much help throughout the entire process(: Since I am from singapore, i just thought that it would be helpful for you anyone who needs help!

Here is the link:
http://ajourneytofufilmydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

lame blog name but :/ oh wells haha
Anyone going to the University of Leeds this coming sept? What about other TSR users who's currently at leeds?
If any of you guys are looking for info on your universities / more info about the UK in general, go search for the Singapore Societies for that particular university. They will be very glad to answer any questions you have, and might know other freshers. Most UK unis should have one.
Reply 3938
​Hi guys, wanted to know my chances at some UK universities for Law.
Had taken 4H2s and got AAAB.

Have a strong CCA background, with participation & recognition in Law-related competitions as well as internships.

Got straight As during 'O' Levels with 7A1s and 1A2.

Looking towards schools like:
LSE
UCL
(Very strong desire for these two choices above)
KCL
Durham
Any other recommendations.

I understand LNAT is another requirement for some of those colleges but above that can my grades qualify me for these colleges?

What other things are essential to boost my application opportunities?

Thanks in advance.

Original post by henderik
Anyone going to the University of Leeds this coming sept? What about other TSR users who's currently at leeds?

Hey Henderik,

I am currently studying law in Leeds uni. I'd be happy to address your questions as well as questions anyone might have relating to other disciplines the uni offers. I may not know much about medicine and art history etc but I could try to link you up with other Singaporeans in Leeds.

Before matriculating I had many questions too and it never hurts to know more :smile:

I do recommend sending me an email at [email protected]
Alternatively you can post your questions here but since its a general discussion page, it might swarm the posts.
But if you choose to, you can always send an email too.. poking me to reply :smile:

This is my second degree with the first one being econs at NUS.. so I know a thing or two about the pros and cons of local vs overseas.. you can ask questions pertaining to that as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending