The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accommodation Offers: Meet Those In Your Halls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abzy1234
Hi! I've also got an offer for Cavendish hall :biggrin:

What course are you doing? :smile:

I've applied for Physics, need AAA though :frown: thats the obstacle now and one of my subjects I'm not too confident about
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by hamburgermuffin
Got an offer for cripps hall! Pretty excited!

same! im trying to figure out somegeneral info bout the place. like what kinda reputation it has and stuff
Reply 82
Original post by phwack
Oh god, hope that's not there come September!

Yep, it's def nice not having the pressure :biggrin: Good luck!

Alex on this thread just said that was for the new humanities building, which looked really good when I visited the Uni :biggrin:

Plus I'm literally a few mins away from the history department, which is always a plus! :tongue:

Original post by epicnerd
I've applied for Physics, need AAA though :frown: thats the obstacle now and one of my subjects I'm not too confident about

Don't worry! Work hard and believe in yourself. Use Nottingham as your motivation! Good luck :biggrin:
En suite at Cavendish Hall!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 84
Original post by vicky__reeves
I just got an offer for Sherwood Hall - what is it like? :smile:

Sherwood's OK, it feels like quite a small hall but that's only because it's split into 2 quads, there's actually about 240 of us. We've just redone the JCR, bought a big new TV and sound system which is really cool. Our 'games room' is a bit rough around the edges but I think we're getting the pool table revamped over the holidays, someone spilt beer on it and the baize is knackered :frown: Our warden is nice, he's Italian (he also has the most adorable 3 ear old daughter who runs around at dinner :smile: ).
Got an offer for cripps hall! Pretty excited!

Yay! Finally someone else :biggrin: me too! What type of room have you got?
I've started an Official Nottingham Firmers 2013 Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/492882774105402/
Reply 87
I firmed yesterday, how do I apply for accommodation? Will the uni email me or send me a letter about how to apply or do I just do it myself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by cjexx
I firmed yesterday, how do I apply for accommodation? Will the uni email me or send me a letter about how to apply or do I just do it myself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You log on the student portal. You should have got an e-mail about it when you applied.
(or just Google Nottingham student portal)

login is your UCAS ID number and password is your D.O.B which is day, first 3 letters of the month, and the year.
I.E 17jan94

Then just go to accommodation tab.
Reply 89
Cavendish Hall En-Suite! :colondollar:
Original post by alex193
Sherwood's OK, it feels like quite a small hall but that's only because it's split into 2 quads, there's actually about 240 of us. We've just redone the JCR, bought a big new TV and sound system which is really cool. Our 'games room' is a bit rough around the edges but I think we're getting the pool table revamped over the holidays, someone spilt beer on it and the baize is knackered :frown: Our warden is nice, he's Italian (he also has the most adorable 3 ear old daughter who runs around at dinner :smile: ).

Thankyou that really helped! What is your room like, I've been offered a single study. Also what is your experience of the food, and do you know if I can still have my meal if I'm not there because of something like a sports club? :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by vicky__reeves
Thankyou that really helped! What is your room like, I've been offered a single study. Also what is your experience of the food, and do you know if I can still have my meal if I'm not there because of something like a sports club? :smile:

See
Original post by alex193

IMG_6821.JPG

for a pic of my room! It's a single study too, you can't see the sink and wardrobe in this shot but they're just behind that wall :smile:
Food is generally pretty good, there's occasional meals when it's a bit meh but generally it's nice. There's normally 2 hot options and a veggie option, plus sides, dessert, fruit and yoghurt at dinner; breakfast is a mixture, like bagels, porridge, eggs, cereal, yoghurt, sausages, bacon rolls etc. On the weekend we have brunch, so a full fry-up on Saturday and bacon rolls or jacket potatoes or something on Sunday. You get 19 meals a week, so dinner every day, breakfast Mon-Fri, weekend brunches and lunch Mon-Fri with your meal card. If you're going to be away, as long as you ask the day before they'll do you a packed meal.
Reply 92
Original post by alex193
Our warden is nice, he's Italian (he also has the most adorable 3 ear old daughter who runs around at dinner :smile: ).

Haha I visited Sherwood on the open day and he showed us all around. He was so nice, such a pleasant happy dude! Brilliant accent too!
Reply 93
Lenton & Wortley Single study
Reply 94
Private Shared at Cripps too!
Reply 95
Original post by EMassey

Got my cripps offer the other day too
Original post by EMassey

i got a private shared bathroom! You? Do you know how Cripps is? Im trying to get information but cant find much!
i got a private shared bathroom! You? Do you know how Cripps is? Im trying to get information but cant find much!

I've heard that the rooms are slightly bigger than most halls its really pretty with its own clock tower and high ceiling dining room. It has its own gym. It has the more formals than most halls as well.

If you go onto the Wikipedia page for University of Nottingham Halls of Residence, the first picture is of a Cripps Hall room :smile:
Original post by EMassey
I've heard that the rooms are slightly bigger than most halls its really pretty with its own clock tower and high ceiling dining room. It has its own gym. It has the more formals than most halls as well.

If you go onto the Wikipedia page for University of Nottingham Halls of Residence, the first picture is of a Cripps Hall room :smile:

Just saw it, looks good! Cant wait to get there!
I've got room at leLenton and Wortley :smile:

Quick Reply