The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grammar12
Yes, we did this as our ISA. It is brilliant, very straight forward and nobody in my class scored lower than 95 ums.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how many marks is 95 ums ?
Original post by Midnight1811
how many marks is 95 ums ?

It's like 47/48 out of 50. Bit suspicious?
Original post by bbadonde2

100 ums starts at 47 raw marks, 95 (I think) was around 45/50. However, my class is the top set in my school so it's not really that suspicious. Plus, many lower ability groups scored less than 70 ums which isn't great in a selective school

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bbadonde2

Haha wow, do you grade boundariis ? For say like 33/50
100 ums starts at 47 raw marks, 95 (I think) was around 45/50. However, my class is the top set in my school so it's not really that suspicious. Plus, many lower ability groups scored less than 70 ums which isn't great in a selective school

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you getting these boundaries from, they're stupidly high. The bounadries are 39A*, 35 A, 31 B and 28 C
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Where are you getting these boundaries from, they're stupidly high. The bounadries are 39A*, 35 A, 31 B and 28 C

Our school puts grade boundaries on according to our schools performance, they figure if most people have done well in our school that many others in other schools will too. Essentially, the do the same sort of thing as AQA just to be safe, they don't want to tell everyone that they could get an A* when their ISA may let them down on the national average.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our school puts grade boundaries on according to our schools performance, they figure if most people have done well in our school that many others in other schools will too. Essentially, the do the same sort of thing as AQA just to be safe, they don't want to tell everyone that they could get an A* when their ISA may let them down on the national average.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh i see makes sense then, its better as its not based on 'false hope' then :colondollar: - still is really high though. If they tough i would expect them to be 43 A* at worst! :colone:
My school is crazy like that, completely exam orientated and doesn't seem to care about the students. They put ridiculous amounts of pressure on us to do well and if we don't, there's no hope for sixth form! Luckily I'm doing ok though, what are you guys taking for a-levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school is crazy like that, completely exam orientated and doesn't seem to care about the students. They put ridiculous amounts of pressure on us to do well and if we don't, there's no hope for sixth form! Luckily I'm doing ok though, what are you guys taking for a-levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah! your school is fairly extreme :L, i'm taking biology chemistry, geography and business studies.

What about your self?

Really need help with my chemistry ISA on burning fuels and energy -_-
From last year, 100 UMS = 44/50
http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php
GCSE
June 2012
Science A Unit 4

You're welcome :smile:
Original post by Efemena15
From last year, 100 UMS = 44/50
http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php
GCSE
June 2012
Science A Unit 4

You're welcome :smile:

its actually 43 :wink:

Fail on my part hahaa:biggrin:
Original post by Efemena15
Fail on my part hahaa:biggrin:

Ahaa LOL :tongue:
Woah! your school is fairly extreme :L, i'm taking biology chemistry, geography and business studies.

What about your self?

Really need help with my chemistry ISA on burning fuels and energy -_-

I'm going to be taking: Biology, English literature, Geography, Psychology and maybe Law as a home studied subject. I would love to not do english literature because I'm not its biggest fan, but I was kind of forced into it because I got full marks in the first exam (I wanted to take law instead so now I have to do it at home). However, I have really strong aspirations to go to cambridge and if i can do well in literature, then I suppose it will be more useful for my application. The funny thing is though, my school doesn't perform outstandingly in results, they are good at best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got mine remarked!AQA found 2 extra ums marks!!:biggrin::smile::biggrin:
Original post by ghost_rebel
Got mine remarked!AQA found 2 extra ums marks!!:biggrin::smile::biggrin:

wow thats's really good, it rarely goes up! what did you get and what have you got now!

that's brilliant, consider yourself lucky, ay :wink:
I know!:biggrin: I originally got 88UMS,which was an A!got 2 more so I got an a*(90 UMS):biggrin:
Original post by ghost_rebel
I know!:biggrin: I originally got 88UMS,which was an A!got 2 more so I got an a*(90 UMS):biggrin:

well done :wink:, do you know where the 2 extra UMS came from? :colone:

So based on last years 43/50 is 100 ums right ? Because I managed to get 43/50 - which according to my teacher is 94 ums. But I'll happily take 94 any day :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending