The Student Room Group

arkwright scholarship 2013 interviews

the results will be out today - coming in by email!! Really hope I have reached the interview stage. Good luck everybody.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't get through, absolutely gutted :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got through to the next round :biggrin: I have an interview at Newcastle on the 17th April :smile: Anyone going to Newcastle?? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Although, must be said that I have no idea why they chose me or how I got it, 'cause I thought I'd done terribly... :frown: Oh well! :cool:
Reply 4
Ive got an interview too but i dont know where because i didnt write it on the application.
Does anybody know what happens at the interview? I heard you did a team project the individual interview with a panel
Reply 5
I got an interview at Imperial on the 25th March :biggrin: Anyone less going there?
I have an interview at Lancaster on the 16th of April
Original post by NightStrider
I have an interview at Lancaster on the 16th of April

I also have an interview at Lancaster on the 16th. Pretty nervous, yet excited. I'm feeling pretty happy right now :biggrin:
Original post by Necrosyrtes
I also have an interview at Lancaster on the 16th. Pretty nervous, yet excited. I'm feeling pretty happy right now :biggrin:

Congratulations! Good luck. This will be my first interview, but I always thought that the hardest bit would actually be the paper.
Reply 9
Original post by Ronlux329
I got an interview at Imperial on the 25th March :biggrin: Anyone less going there?

Yeah me too! I'm excited but really nervous too. See you at Imperial :smile:
Reply 10
does anyone know roughly how many people go through to interviews?
Original post by cray123
does anyone know roughly how many people go through to interviews?

Apparently, 40%, but seeing the number of people accepted here, it looks to be much much higher

Edit : Found the stats for last year 1103 Applied, and 496 got to interviews. That makes it about 45% for last year. Seeing as the chance of getting a scholarship was 30%, 66% of all people who go to interviews will get through
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
What's everyone done to prepare for the interview?? I've started to work loads on my GCSE folder because it needs to be finished before the interview but what else?? Any ideas?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently, 40%, but seeing the number of people accepted here, it looks to be much much higher

Edit : Found the stats for last year 1103 Applied, and 496 got to interviews. That makes it about 45% for last year. Seeing as the chance of getting a scholarship was 30%, 66% of all people who go to interviews will get through

A 66% chance sounds pretty good.
The number of people accepted on this website will probably be higher due to the nature of those this website attracts.

Original post by Ronlux329
What's everyone done to prepare for the interview?? I've started to work loads on my GCSE folder because it needs to be finished before the interview but what else?? Any ideas?
Thanks

I'm also expanding(and sorting) my GCSE folder. I'm also making another thing in my spare time, which I have had the design for for a while. After that, I will print out some of my code, and then I'm ready to go.
I will be practicing interview technique also.
Don't have long though:s-smilie:
Original post by Necrosyrtes
A 66% chance sounds pretty good.
The number of people accepted on this website will probably be higher due to the nature of those this website attracts.

I'm also expanding(and sorting) my GCSE folder. I'm also making another thing in my spare time, which I have had the design for for a while. After that, I will print out some of my code, and then I'm ready to go.
I will be practicing interview technique also.
Don't have long though:s-smilie:

I'm doing the same - but I'll be taking my A2 Computing Project also as I want to do software engineering.
Reply 15
568 lucky Arkwright applicants have got through to interview. Today is the last day to confirm your attendance to the interviews, so if you haven't done so please return your reply form now.
Original post by EG2552
568 lucky Arkwright applicants have got through to interview. Today is the last day to confirm your attendance to the interviews, so if you haven't done so please return your reply form now.

How do you know this?
Reply 17
How do you know this?

Because I work for Arkwright.
Original post by EG2552
Because I work for Arkwright.

Ok, thanks for letting us know!
Just had my interview today. :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending