The Student Room Group

Swiss tourist gang-raped in India

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/16/swiss-cyclist-gang-raped-india?INTCMP=SRCH

Seriously! The poor couple. Her husband was tied up and witnessed it all.
Is India a country foreigners simply have to stay out of?

"According to government crime statistics, one woman is raped every 20 minutes in India, but most incidents go unreported."

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Millie228
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/16/swiss-cyclist-gang-raped-india?INTCMP=SRCH

"According to government crime statistics, one woman is raped every 20 minutes in India, but most incidents go unreported."

This is so true. I myself am from India (username is not my real name) and to be honest , at least 30% of the men in India are very pervert-minded. they just make vulgar comments as women pass by, see women as subservient human beings of the society and don't really treat them with respect at all. Such unfortunate incidences of rape are a result of the lack of respect for women in that society . Times are changing, but the mentality of many people still is remaining the same and this is a very bitter reality. Mkaes me sad always and embarassed of my own country's people's attitudes! Some people just cant see beyond the BODY of a woman and this is very disguisting attitude. I am sure you would have heard about the recent Delhi gang rape case where a student was raped by 7 men and she evetually died. Another unfortunate incident but this one came into the limelight unlike many such cases because the poor lady died.
Reply 2
Original post by laurawoods
This is so true. I myself am from India (username is not my real name) and to be honest , at least 30% of the men in India are very pervert-minded. they just make vulgar comments as women pass by, see women as subservient human beings of the society and don't really treat them with respect at all. Such unfortunate incidences of rape are a result of the lack of respect for women in that society . Times are changing, but the mentality of many people still is remaining the same and this is a very bitter reality. Mkaes me sad always and embarassed of my own country's people's attitudes! Some people just cant see beyond the BODY of a woman and this is very disguisting attitude. I am sure you would have heard about the recent Delhi gang rape case where a student was raped by 7 men and she evetually died. Another unfortunate incident but this one came into the limelight unlike many such cases because the poor lady died.

I work in an area where there are lots of fresh Indians. The Indian men make comments on me, shout at me, EVERYDAY when I walk to work. It includes the Indian men at work who are not in the same department.

Once a group of them stopped me in the street. I was terrified. Another guy would not let me go when I was waiting for the bus. The other passengers waiting queuing did not seem to care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by fastswift
I work in an area where there are lots of fresh Indians. The Indian men make comments on me, shout at me, EVERYDAY when I walk to work. It includes the Indian men at work who are not in the same department.

Once a group of them stopped me in the street. I was terrified. Another guy would not let me go when I was waiting for the bus. The other passengers waiting queuing did not seem to care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why neg me?
Reply 4

Considering India has a population of around 1 billion, that's not as bad as it sounds (not justifying it, I'm just saying).
Original post by Andy_J
Considering India has a population of around 1 billion, that's not as bad as it sounds (not justifying it, I'm just saying).

One rape every 20 minutes sounds unbelievably low. That amounts to 26,280 rapes per year, yet there are almost 100,000 reported rapes per year in the United states which has a third of India's population.
Reply 6
Why are people negging OP it's true that this stuff is so widespread in India is a disgusting disgrace adn some say stems from people wanting male children so there's not enough women for the male population. India has a LONG way to go, forget the space program it's time for social reform and enough with detached politicians.

Neg me all you like you ignorant fools these are the real issues in India me saying the truth about them may not agree with your delicate PC mind, I don't care.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
why neg me?

Unless you subscribe to TSR, you can't be sure who negged you.
Reply 8
why neg me?

I didn't neg you :smile:

I'm using the app. This function is not available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh man i saw this on the news this morning, its ****ing sick,

i would like to tie all of the sick bastards up, cut them all over their body, squirt lemon juice into their wounds, rub salt into the bleeding wounds, drown them to the point at which they almost die, then pull them out of the water, pop all of their testicles, then finally kill them by cutting off all their limbs and forcing them to watch each other being killed.

too much?

i think it fits the crime.

It's annoying how men can't see beyond the body of a woman.. yet women can see the potential in a man.. not just his physique.

Yes some women may like a guy's body shape over another guy's but that doesnt mean we try to sex it.

why are they being let off for this? So ridiculous.. find the suspects and punish them.. Gosh it's so disgusting/
(edited 11 years ago)
do Indian men masturbate ?
This is so true. I myself am from India (username is not my real name) and to be honest , at least 30% of the men in India are very pervert-minded.

Yeah, I'm sure you've done the appropriate legwork to come to that conclusion
Original post by + polarity -

sorry i dont get what u mean by that?:confused:
Original post by Chlorophile
One rape every 20 minutes sounds unbelievably low. That amounts to 26,280 rapes per year, yet there are almost 100,000 reported rapes per year in the United states which has a third of India's population.

Forgive and correct me if I'm wrong but even if you compare the population of India of March 1 2011 to the population of the US yesterday it is more than thrice.

2*India1,210,193,422March 1, 201117.11%2011 census
3*United States315,498,000March 16, 20134.46%Official population clock

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not 30%. As of the last hour it as dropped to 19.5% (its midnight to 2am there)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
cut ALL ties with india
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Its not 30%. As of the last hour it as dropped to 19.5% (its midnight to 2am there)

Have millions of pervy men just died?

Original post by Jack93o
cut ALL ties with india

But where will the NHS get new doctors from? :frown:
Have millions of pervy men just died?

No their nature ceases as they rest in peace in sleep. :biggrin: so the figure drops taking into consideration the previous figure (assumed to have been calculated at noon) and the percentage of Indian men that sleep at this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending