The Student Room Group

UCL law offer holders

So I've seen a lot of threads on here for law applicants in general and UCL applicants but I wanted one to just talk to other law offer holders specifically for UCL. It doesn't matter if you've firmed it or you're still considering other options etc. It would just be cool to know what stages everyone is at and give and receive help or encouragement or whatever.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I'm firming UCL for Law with Hispanic Law (if I decide not to apply for the KCL scholarship, which takes like a MONTH to get back to you urgh). I've just submitted my accommodation application as well! Aaaaah I'm so excited! xxxx
Original post by DiyaM95
Hey! I'm firming UCL for Law with Hispanic Law (if I decide not to apply for the KCL scholarship, which takes like a MONTH to get back to you urgh). I've just submitted my accommodation application as well! Aaaaah I'm so excited! xxxx

How do you apply for accommodation before firming ? :confused:

And cool thread :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by lighterthanAyer

Firming isn't a prerequisite because you apply for accommodation at your insurance too :biggrin: and they didn't ask me whether I'd firmed so I'm assuming it's chill with them
Reply 4

Haha Thanks. I also had no idea we could apply for accommodation before firming. I applied to King's too! You can apply for a scholarship before firming? See this is helping me already :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by DiyaM95

So does this mean you can apply for accomodation from all of your choices if you haven't recieved all your offers or firmed one yet? :O
Reply 6
Original post by The_Lady
Haha Thanks. I also had no idea we could apply for accommodation before firming. I applied to King's too! You can apply for a scholarship before firming? See this is helping me already :colondollar:

Yep, you apply for the scholarship before 29th March. They'll let you know whether you got one near the April, and if you do you need to firm King's to still be eligible for it :smile:
Original post by DiyaM95
Firming isn't a prerequisite because you apply for accommodation at your insurance too :biggrin: and they didn't ask me whether I'd firmed so I'm assuming it's chill with them

Does this mean that I should apply for Warwick accommodation too? Because in all honesty I really cannot be bothered to do that lol All about UCL Law :cool:
Reply 8
Does this mean that I should apply for Warwick accommodation too? Because in all honesty I really cannot be bothered to do that lol All about UCL Law :cool:

Yeah, I can be arsed either (Warwick's my insurance too). To be fair, it wouldn't be too bad to find accommodation in Warwick, it's a total nightmare if you've insured a London university and haven't applied for accommodation. I hate thinking about failing to get into my first choice :frown:
Reply 9

Weird. I'm insuring Warwick too but I haven't heard back yet. Its been a long wait. I'm not too sure if I should really bother with accommodation.
Reply 10
Original post by DiyaM95
Yep, you apply for the scholarship before 29th March. They'll let you know whether you got one near the April, and if you do you need to firm King's to still be eligible for it :smile:

Thanks that was really helpful. I've just checked it out. I'm not sure how I feel about the essay. It seems sort of intimidating but at the same time I think I can get creative with it. How did you find it? By the way law and Hispanic law sounds awesome but hard. From what you know about UCL and KCL which do you prefer?
Reply 11
Hi :hi:
I firmed my offer for English and German Law last week and applied for accommodation, too :smile:
Reply 12
Thanks that was really helpful. I've just checked it out. I'm not sure how I feel about the essay. It seems sort of intimidating but at the same time I think I can get creative with it. How did you find it? By the way law and Hispanic law sounds awesome but hard. From what you know about UCL and KCL which do you prefer?

No worries :smile: Oh god, I really don't want to do the essay. It's gotten to the point now that A levels have completely fried my brain and I can't even remember why I wanted to do Law or what I want to do with the future, I just want to move out of here! It is quite an interesting topic though, I wish I'd done it earlier when I had more time :/

I found out that in Second Year of Hispanic Law, 50% of your module is a 5000 word Spanish essay on Spanish Constitutional Law. Just why.

I really liked KCL on the open day, their tutors are really fantastic people and the new Somerset House campus is really, really beautiful. On the flipside, I haven't had much of a chance to see UCL Laws properly (open day in a couple of weeks!) but it's got the year in Spain, and the edge in terms of career prospects. Plus its Law Society is AMAZING. So I'd probably firm UCL (I've got like 0% chance of getting the scholarship anyway).

How about you? Have you been to a post-offer day to either of them? xx
Reply 13
Original post by katii:)
I firmed my offer for English and German Law last week and applied for accommodation, too :smile:

WOOOO YEAR ABROAD! I'm a tad bit petrified about keeping up my Spanish to a decent enough standard to study Law in it though D:

What kind of accommodation are you going for?
Reply 14
I've firmed UCL for law with French law :smile: sooo excited!!

Ive insured Warwick but didnt think I had to apply for accommodation there:/
Original post by Molly9
I've firmed UCL for law with French law :smile: sooo excited!!

Ive insured Warwick but didnt think I had to apply for accommodation there:/

Something tells me that the majority of UCL Law firmers have insured Warwick :biggrin:
Reply 16
Something tells me that the majority of UCL Law firmers have insured Warwick :biggrin:

I know I thought that from this thread :tongue:

Have you applied for accommodation?
Reply 17
Original post by DiyaM95
WOOOO YEAR ABROAD! I'm a tad bit petrified about keeping up my Spanish to a decent enough standard to study Law in it though D:

What kind of accommodation are you going for?

Yayyy :biggrin: For my course it's even going to be 2 years, so that's so exciting :biggrin: Aww you'll be fine :smile: German is my first language, but I'm still a bit scared to study Law in general :smile: I'm sure I'll really enjoy it but it will be so challenging!
I applied for self-catered, how about you?
Reply 18
Original post by katii:)

Hi! You seem to have everything under control. Out of interest what accommodation did you apply for and why?
Reply 19
Hi! You seem to have everything under control. Out of interest what accommodation did you apply for and why?

I applied for self-catered because I think it is much more flexible than catered :smile: You won't have to stick to meal times which for me seems to be a real plus :smile: But of course everyone is different :biggrin:
(Now I'll only have to improve my cooking skills :colondollar:)

Quick Reply

Latest