Loughborough Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Firming Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 21
Original post by veedubbug
I went to the open day and was speaking to the students that were already studying and they said Bakewell and Rigg-Rut are gone within minutes of the accommodation applications opening because they're so popular so its not only new students that want them its the students that are already there too :/

Yeah I know I hear that every time I research the halls hahaha! I plan on waiting there 10 minutes before they're open making sure I'm prepared, with about 5 different browsers open in case one goes wrong haha.

But I didn't even think about the students that are already there. :eek: They best not steal all the best places!
Reply 22
Original post by ibkareem1
just firmed unconditional for ITMB ! roll on september, when are we allowed to apply for accommodation then ?

We start exactly 28 weeks yesterday. :eek:

I think I heard we apply for accommodation in May/June? Do you know which hall you want? :smile:
Reply 23
AHHH. It might only be 6 degrees here right now in Bolton, but whenever it gets sunny it makes me even more excited for this college year to be over!
Reply 24
Original post by Turty
We start exactly 28 weeks yesterday. :eek:

I think I heard we apply for accommodation in May/June? Do you know which hall you want? :smile:

Thats well far away, no suprise by the looks of things, but bakewell and faulker eggington, only chose 'falk egg' because it is going to be brand new when we start haa plus its the second biggest halls so happy days. what about you ?
Firmed for Chemistry!
Reply 26
Thats well far away, no suprise by the looks of things, but bakewell and faulker eggington, only chose 'falk egg' because it is going to be brand new when we start haa plus its the second biggest halls so happy days. what about you ?

Yeah I want bakewell! I don't know anything about Falk Egg though? It's all new?
Original post by Turty
Yeah I want bakewell! I don't know anything about Falk Egg though? It's all new?

Accommodation in Falkner Eggington Hall is being fully refurbished during 2012/13. (Take a look here for more info :smile: )
Reply 28
Original post by shadowdweller
Accommodation in Falkner Eggington Hall is being fully refurbished during 2012/13. (Take a look here for more info :smile: )

yeah when i visited a couple of weeks ago a couple of second yr students said that falk egg was the grim hall but theyve seen one of the newly refurbished rooms and they ard apprently really nice!
Reply 29
Original post by shadowdweller

Awww, was going to look into it but no ensuite! I'm a girl, and I need my ensuite haha.
Reply 30
I've firmed for Fine Art :smile:

I don't know whether to get a cheaper room with a shared bathroom or a more expensive en suite? :/
Reply 31
Firmed by unconditional offer for CEM. Now accommodation Mmh
Original post by Turty
Awww, was going to look into it but no ensuite! I'm a girl, and I need my ensuite haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkCTD5pAuQ

it does look nice but i want en suit as well, oh well, looks like Bakewell is still number 1
Reply 33
Hi Everyone,

I have got an offer for MBA full-time. Anyone with the same offer?
Reply 34
So we start applying for accommodation from around May/June? Because I know a lot of my friends have already applied for their's at other unis?

Will be firming Management Science soon!!!
Firmed Graphic Communication and Illustration :biggrin:

When I went for my interview on the 7th March they said we should hear about accommodation in around 2 weeks from that date, (meaning sometime this week), but it seems a little early to be applying for accommodation?

I can't wait to start anyhow ^^
Firmed Economics ^^
Reply 37

Something to consider about falk egg not on the website is that it's single gender. That has put me off it because it looked nice on the open day
Firmed up For International Relations, haven't looked at accommodation too much.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Hey guys!
Got an offer for Electronic and Electrical Engineering, but I feel guilty because I haven't been to any of the open days haha. :tongue:
PM if you wanna get to know someone before you go:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending