The Student Room Group

Do I have an ambitious career plan?

What I hope to achieve...

A levels:
AS - BBCc (Bs in history and politics, Cs in English language and English literature). A2 - ABB (A in politics and Bs in English literature and history).

University: University of Kent. (Indiana University for year abroad).

Degree: BA History (with a year abroad).

Post-university:

TEFL teacher for a year in South America.

Training contract at a medium-sized London family law firm (e.g. Charles Russell or Dawson Cornwell) OR a training contract at a regional firm in my home county.

Is this a good career plan?

BQ: Can you go from BBC at AS to ABB at A2?
(edited 11 years ago)
That's a career plan. Not a life plan.
Reply 2
Original post by Hippysnake
That's a career plan. Not a life plan.

Amended.
Original post by llitt
Amended.

And now I look like an idiot. :elefant:
Reply 4
Original post by Hippysnake
And now I look like an idiot. :elefant:

Success.
Original post by llitt
What I hope to achieve...

A levels:
AS - BBCc (Bs in history and politics, Cs in English language and English literature). A2 - ABB (A in politics and Bs in English literature and history).

University: University of Kent. (Indiana University for year abroad).

Degree: BA History (with a year abroad).

Post-university:

TEFL teacher for a year in South America.

Training contract at a medium-sized London family law firm (e.g. Charles Russell or Dawson Cornwell) OR a training contract at a regional firm in my home county.

Is this a good career plan?

BQ: Can you go from BBC at AS to ABB at A2?

Is this going to be difficult for you to achieve? If so, then it's ambitious, yes :yes: Obviously 'ambitious' is going to be different for each individual, so only you can say whether or not it'll be hard for you to achieve these goals.

Going from BBC at AS to ABB at A2 is obviously possible, but it'll mean that you'll need to work much harder than you did at AS.
Reply 6
Original post by The Polymath
Is this going to be difficult for you to achieve? If so, then it's ambitious, yes :yes: Obviously 'ambitious' is going to be different for each individual, so only you can say whether or not it'll be hard for you to achieve these goals.

Going from BBC at AS to ABB at A2 is obviously possible, but it'll mean that you'll need to work much harder than you did at AS.

Yeah, I can achieve it! :smile: Thanks.
Don't forget about doing the GDL :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Ffijon
Don't forget about doing the GDL :smile:

OFC

Quick Reply

Latest