The Student Room Group

When to start revising for AS level exams in May?

My first exam is on the 14 May (USA History). I started some light revision 14 March (2 months before exam) and plan to start full-on Easter. Is that ok? Or should I start full on now, bearing in mind we haven't been taught the courses fully yet.

Scroll to see replies

i think you should start planning your revision this weekend - i am A2 however, but taking 9 exams in the summer (possibly 9). im planning notes this weekend n doing full on revision after wednesday, as i have a music performance on wednesday so need to focus on that :smile:

my first exams (clash!) are 13th May. itll go quicker than you think so better start now!
Reply 2
today.
Reply 3
Original post by flawless97
today.

Seriously? Full on revision today? You are a year younger than me so how do you know?
Reply 4
Original post by llitt
Seriously? Full on revision today? You are a year younger than me so how do you know?
I'm in year 12, today
Reply 5
Original post by Robbie242
I'm in year 12, today

Really? Full on, or just light revision?
Reply 6
Original post by llitt
Really? Full on, or just light revision?
6hours on weekend days, 2hours on each weekday.
Reply 7

Seriously?

Are you doing this?

What grades are you aiming for?

i have forgotten how to revise!! not even kidding
Reply 8
You guys are crazy , if you want A grades it's too late to start revising now , to get As you need 4 months minimum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by llitt
Seriously?

Are you doing this?

What grades are you aiming for?

i have forgotten how to revise!! not even kidding
I do more than this, 3hours on weekdays and then 9-12hours on week end- days; I got ABC in January so giving it my all now, maths is in the bag but written subjects ughhhh
Reply 10
Original post by CameronLee
You guys are crazy , if you want A grades it's too late to start revising now , to get As you need 4 months minimum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aiming for ABB-BBC
Reply 11
I do more than this, 3hours on weekdays and then 9-12hours on week end- days; I got ABC in January so giving it my all now, maths is in the bag but written subjects ughhhh

All my subjects are written! How much did u revise for ABC?
Reply 12
Original post by llitt
All my subjects are written! How much did u revise for ABC?
For maths I did all questions, solomon papers/past papers/ books (combination of two books) for History and Economics I copied each respective books into a massive word document, made flashcards of essential things to remember and then revised the markscheme, to perfect exam technique; I got B's and C's at gcse so even I started working from September and only got ABC. alevels are quite tough (apart from maths for me)
Reply 13
For maths I did all questions, solomon papers/past papers/ books (combination of two books) for History and Economics I copied each respective books into a massive word document, made flashcards of essential things to remember and then revised the markscheme, to perfect exam technique; I got B's and C's at gcse so even I started working from September and only got ABC. alevels are quite tough (apart from maths for me)

I do history too! What topics are you doing? :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by llitt
I do history too! What topics are you doing? :biggrin:
Edexcel Essay paper, US civil rights movement and Russian Revolution. I seriously love Russian Revolution. I sat Women's Suffrage in January and got a C, gonna get my paper back for econ and history and perhaps a remark. 2 and a half marks of an A for econ >_<!
Reply 15
Edexcel Essay paper, US civil rights movement and Russian Revolution. I seriously love Russian Revolution. I sat Women's Suffrage in January and got a C, gonna get my paper back for econ and history and perhaps a remark. 2 and a half marks of an A for econ >_<!

Oh I'm doing AQA USA 1890-1945 and AQA French Renaissance
ASAP, you'll thank me for it:wink:
Reply 17
Original post by MetropolisBoy
ASAP, you'll thank me for it:wink:

really? Is it hard to get ABBc-BBCc at AS?
Reply 18

I wish I had your dedication in sixth form, I do like 2 hours a day at uni :/
Reply 19
Original post by Tbx
I wish I had your dedication in sixth form, I do like 2 hours a day at uni :/
Heh but do remember, with this amount of time dedicated to studying I do lose out on some aspects of student life (not that sixth form student life is that significant) but its like you have 3 choices with alevels and degrees; social life and good grades, good grades and sleep or sleep + social life etcetc. I literally have no social life apart from at lunch time and breaktime :P So there are sacrifices but its worth it in the end imho

Quick Reply

Latest