The Student Room Group

Not all court cases can be found on database?

Hi, is it the case that 'not all' court cases can be found on the data base (e.g. westlaw), if it might be unimportant eg. routine employment tribunal cases. ?? So not all cases that have gone to court can be found in the search database. I got told this but I'm just checking if it's true or not.

ta.
Reply 1
If it doesn't get picked up by the ICLR or a newspaper, it probably won't be reported. So no - your average Social Security or Employment Appeal will never get close to Westlaw unless there was something interesting or novel about it.
Reply 2
Original post by Bridgeta222
Hi, is it the case that 'not all' court cases can be found on the data base (e.g. westlaw), if it might be unimportant eg. routine employment tribunal cases. ?? So not all cases that have gone to court can be found in the search database. I got told this but I'm just checking if it's true or not.

ta.

Lawtel is your go to for lesser-known recent cases which aren't published in a commercial report. There are many non-iclr reports, but Lexis and westlaw will usually find those or give you a citation for the relevant bound case. By and large as a student the key cases will have been reported.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending