The Student Room Group

Feelings about uni? :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fward
I already hold an unconditional offer, and am currently having a very boring gap year, however I'm still really nervous about moving to a place I dont know so far away from home (moving to Surrey from Devon):thumbsup:

I'm also holding an unconditional offer and on a gap year. Strangely enough also moving to Devon. From London though but not far off you. Exeter or Plymouth?

Edit: Misread your post. I'm doing it the opposite way around to you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by beansontoast93
oh cool :smile: what's Sunderland like? have you ever been to Hartlepool (where I'll be having lectures)? What's it like there? :smile:

Like most cities it has its good and bad points. There are of course places to avoid, but it has low prices for most things here and there have been a lot of developments building new bowling alleys and cinema's etc :smile: Night outs are pretty good too :biggrin: I've only been to Heartlepool a couple of times but I liked it, there's a giant boat there that you can walk around on XD Public transport is cheap and regular and getting to surrounding places like Newcastle and Durham is easy :biggrin:
Original post by Charlotte.e.r
Like most cities it has its good and bad points. There are of course places to avoid, but it has low prices for most things here and there have been a lot of developments building new bowling alleys and cinema's etc :smile: Night outs are pretty good too :biggrin: I've only been to Heartlepool a couple of times but I liked it, there's a giant boat there that you can walk around on XD Public transport is cheap and regular and getting to surrounding places like Newcastle and Durham is easy :biggrin:

thanks for all the info! :smile:
Am looking forward to the challenge. Am excited, to be going to uni, having been working for last five years. Going from job to job, not ever being really happy with work situation. Just saving loads from job for September. Uni my chance to get myself towards a job, I really enjoy. Which is as a physical education teacher. I got an unconditional offer and am off to study sport and physical education with the intention to do PGCE in physical education after the BA. So hopefully in 4 years time I should almost be qualified as a teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
I'm also holding an unconditional offer and on a gap year. Strangely enough also moving to Devon. From London though but not far off you. Exeter or Plymouth?

Edit: Misread your post. I'm doing it the opposite way around to you.

Its good to see people going to Devon from London, I always feel like we're left out a bit - although having Exeter as a RG uni helps now.

Which uni you going to Exeter or Plymouth??
Reply 45
I start in september, i have an unconditional offer so no nerves over results. Already living with my partner so not moving into halls so im worried about not making friends and being lonely for 3 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
After this month it's only around 5 months until a lot of us are off to uni :biggrin: Just wondering how everyone's feeling about it, scared to move away? Excited? Staying at home? Personally I have mixed feelings, moving around 300 miles away is daunting but I can't wait :colondollar:

My brain is like this: asidhgoashglaskhgl8h9t08hgawhiosg

I can't tell if it's fear or excitement or both.

I'll be 115 miles away so not too far and my Dad lives in London anyway, plus I have other family/friends there so that is quite comforting. Cannot wait to be rid of 6th form!!!
Reply 47
I can't work out whether I'm petrified or the most excited I've ever been about anything, ever. I'll be moving a pretty long way from home - suffolk to lancaster, which is a five-hour car journey - and I'll probably be very homesick for the first few weeks, but it's going to be amazing too. I've got an offer of AAA for english literature with creative writing at lancaster, so hopefully I'll get the grades! :biggrin:
Original post by Fward
Its good to see people going to Devon from London, I always feel like we're left out a bit - although having Exeter as a RG uni helps now.

Which uni you going to Exeter or Plymouth??

Exeter :biggrin:. I love devon so I'm very excited about moving down there.
Reply 49
Exeter :biggrin:. I love devon so I'm very excited about moving down there.

Cool, my sis went to Exeter. What course will you be doing ??
Reply 50
Anyone else feel like this year's flying by?! Can hardly believe it's mid way through March already!

Couldn't agree more :biggrin:
Original post by Fward
Cool, my sis went to Exeter. What course will you be doing ??

Engineering, did she like it? What are you studying at Surrey? Its supposed to be a lovely uni.
Reply 52
Engineering, did she like it? What are you studying at Surrey? Its supposed to be a lovely uni.

Yes she loved the uni, although she had really rubbish 1st year accommodation. I will be studying law with criminology :smile:
Original post by Fward
Yes she loved the uni, although she had really rubbish 1st year accommodation. I will be studying law with criminology :smile:

Sounds like she probably stayed in Lafrowda. Wow law with criminology, that sounds really exciting. Surreys a really pretty area, you'll love it. Guildford in Particular :smile:
Reply 54
This years gone way fast and arghh can't wait till uni! Kinda nervous about moving away but really can't wait till alevels are finally over!
After this month it's only around 5 months until a lot of us are off to uni :biggrin: Just wondering how everyone's feeling about it, scared to move away? Excited? Staying at home? Personally I have mixed feelings, moving around 300 miles away is daunting but I can't wait :colondollar:

Is it weird that I countdown till uni? Really just excited for a new experience, to live away from home, make new friends. Do you know what uni ur going 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Yeah A level everyone says are definitely the worst so if my uni says I'm in I never gonna look back at A levels EVER AGAIN. Good luck to everybody though wherever you go and those final exams :smile:
Reply 57
Sounds like she probably stayed in Lafrowda. Wow law with criminology, that sounds really exciting. Surreys a really pretty area, you'll love it. Guildford in Particular :smile:

Never heard of Lafrowda - I think her place was called NorthernHay House and it was run by Unite (i think).

Surrey seemed really nice on the open day, never got to see much of Guildford though as we ran out of time, and it's not exactly a quick trip there from Devon :P

I bet you're glad to be getting out of London??
Reply 58
I'm in AS right now but I just can't waitttt to get to uni!!! I'll 95% be going to the US though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have to stay at home which I'm not crazy about (worried about commute and making friends)
worried about meeting new people, having to work independently, my choice of degree, the difficulty of said degree (need a masters to get anywhere in the field), lack of jobs at the end and student loans. Although I'll be glad to leave sixth form!

Should I just take an apprenticeship/job?

and I don't even know what to firm:s-smilie: I'm a big ball of anxiety and deadlines and exams are approaching..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending