The Student Room Group

Sports brands facts anyone?

Okay, so my Geography homework is to find out three sports brands and find out when they started, in which country ther originated, what annual turnover is and what their annual profit is.

If you have any of these facts about any sports brands (nike, addidas etc.) or know a website that would help, then please let me know as Google can only tell a person so much.

Thank You
Any help much appreciated.:colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah there's this place called the internet, try it, it's really helpful.
60 years ago, Adi and Rudi Dassler, who owned a largely successful shoemaking business, had a bitter fall out. They both set up new businesses on opposite sides of the River Aurach, which runs through the centre of Herzogenaurach.

Rudi Dassler set up a company called Puma. No points for guessing which company Adi Dassler made.

So yeah, two brothers had a fight and both went on to create massively successful sporting franchises.
Original post by Zubby77
Yeah there's this place called the internet, try it, it's really helpful.

Really? Never hear of it! Where's that then?
oh wait... I'm talking to you on the internet right now!
Aww shame. I actually believed you were trying to be helpful aswell. :frown:
Original post by Rooster523
60 years ago, Adi and Rudi Dassler, who owned a largely successful shoemaking business, had a bitter fall out. They both set up new businesses on opposite sides of the River Aurach, which runs through the centre of Herzogenaurach.

Rudi Dassler set up a company called Puma. No points for guessing which company Adi Dassler made.

So yeah, two brothers had a fight and both went on to create massively successful sporting franchises.

Original post by LauraLovesOtters

In the time it took you to make this post and the others, you could've already been to Google and have it done. This isn't the 1950s, simple non evaluation research tasks take a few minutes maximum with an internet connection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
In the time it took you to make this post and the others, you could've already been to Google and have it done. This isn't the 1950s, simple non evaluation research tasks take a few minutes maximum with an internet connection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i've been searching for a while now and still can't find the annual turnver and profit for nike. But if it's so easy why don't you do it and then let me know.
(P.S.- Using TSR was part of my research to see if anyone on here could tell me one whilst i was researching another.)
Nike is named after Nike, the Greek Godess of Victory :smile:
Reply 8

Fair enough - honestly though, you just need to Google the companies, I know Wikipedia isn't the best but it's a place to start, and then go on to look at other websites, and compare the information.

I'll help off with a start, Nike was originally known as Blue Ribbon Sports (BRS), and was founded by a coach at a uni in the US, and one of his student athletes, and the company started off selling shoes for a company that is known known as Asics. The uni they started off at was in Oregon, where Nike now have their headquarters, but the first BRS/Nike store opened up in California.
Original post by Zubby77
Fair enough - honestly though, you just need to Google the companies, I know Wikipedia isn't the best but it's a place to start, and then go on to look at other websites, and compare the information.

I'll help off with a start, Nike was originally known as Blue Ribbon Sports (BRS), and was founded by a coach at a uni in the US, and one of his student athletes, and the company started off selling shoes for a company that is known known as Asics. The uni they started off at was in Oregon, where Nike now have their headquarters, but the first BRS/Nike store opened up in California.

Seriously, does anyone know the anual turnover and profit for Nike?
Reply 11

I can't really make much of these figures but:

http://investors.nikeinc.com/files/doc_financials/AnnualReports/2012/index.html#select_financials

http://www.google.com/finance?fstype=ii&q=NYSE:NKE

Btw, again found by a simple Google
Reply 12

http://nikeinc.com/earnings/news/nike-inc-reports-fiscal-2012-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-results

I literally just google'd 'Nike Turnover 2012'

C'mon, it's not that difficult.
Reply 13
Sports brand fact: People who wear Nike Air Max's are tramps.
The real question is,is it Nike or Nikey?
For those of you who keep saying 'found by a simple google' do any of you actually understand what those figures mean? Most likely not and thats what i want to know, so you don't have to treat me like i'm stupid. I need SPECIFIC facts and google doesn't know everything, and even if it knows most things it takes time to sort threw those things and finf what i want. So i was askiing you in case you already knew because i am running out of time.
Well i've been searching for a while now and still can't find the annual turnver and profit for nike. But if it's so easy why don't you do it and then let me know.

Well I got the link on my first go googling, so you might want to practice that some more :wink: Lemme give you a hint, as a US company you'll want to look at "form 10-k", then you'll want the "consolidated statements of income" with "revenues" being revenue and "net income" the actual profit.
http://investors.nikeinc.com/Investors/Financial-Reports-and-Filings/Annual-Reports/default.aspx

(P.S.- Using TSR was part of my research to see if anyone on here could tell me one whilst i was researching another.)

Getting someone else to do your work for you doesn't count as "part of my research" :wink:

Original post by Steevee

I literally just google'd 'Nike Turnover 2012'

C'mon, it's not that difficult.

I googled that too, but do you actually understand what that website is on about? Because i dont and that is what i basically want to know. So, if you do know please explain. :smile:
Original post by Jelephant
Getting someone else to do your work for you doesn't count as "part of my research" :wink:

Techniacally it does, it's called second hand data. And i wasn't asking you to do it for me i was asking if you already knew.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jelephant
Well I got the link on my first go googling, so you might want to practice that some more :wink: Lemme give you a hint, as a US company you'll want to look at "form 10-k", then you'll want the "consolidated statements of income" with "revenues" being revenue and "net income" the actual profit.
http://investors.nikeinc.com/Investors/Financial-Reports-and-Filings/Annual-Reports/default.aspx

Thanks. I don't understand all this american money system. So the net income is the profit. Right, thanks. Do you know which bit would be the turnover please?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending