The Student Room Group

Sports brands facts anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LauraLovesOtters

I googled that too, but do you actually understand what that website is on about? Because i dont and that is what i basically want to know. So, if you do know please explain. :smile:

For the Fiscal year of 2012, revenue was $24.1 billion for Nike Inc, up 14% on 2011.
Techniacally it does, it's called second hand data. And i wasn't asking you to do it for me i was asking if you already knew.

Well I imagine that if your teacher wanted random TSR members to answer the question they'd have come on TSR to ask. As it stands, this is something you're supposed to work out.

Thanks. I don't understand all this american money system. So the net income is the profit. Right, thanks. Do you know which bit would be the turnover please?

Sorry, I meant "revenues" being turnover
Original post by Steevee
For the Fiscal year of 2012, revenue was $24.1 billion for Nike Inc, up 14% on 2011.

Thank you so much. I didn't know revenue=turnover and net income=profit. I've done them all now i understand that. THANK YOU!!! :colondollar:
Original post by Jelephant

Sorry, I meant "revenues" being turnover

THANK YOU! I didn't know that revenue and net income were the same as profit and turnover. THANKS SO SO MUCH.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jelephant
Well I imagine that if your teacher wanted random TSR members to answer the question they'd have come on TSR to ask. As it stands, this is something you're supposed to work out.

Well to google it would still be second hand data because somebody had worked it out and posted it on the internet. If i wanted first hand dat i would have had to literally worked it out myself by looking at how much they spent etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Thank you so much. I didn't know revenue=turnover and net income=profit. I've done them all now i understand that. THANK YOU!!! :colondollar:

No problem, learn something new everyday :smile:
Reply 26
Turnover means SALES

Sales is the money they earned after sellin their good and service BEFORE deducting any kind of expenses.

You shouldn't ask each and everything you don't know.
Original post by RedArrow
Turnover means SALES

Sales is the money they earned after sellin their good and service BEFORE deducting any kind of expenses.

You shouldn't ask each and everything you don't know.

I know what turnover is, i just didn't know that in America it was called revenue. And if you don't ask how are you ever going to learn? At least i admit what i don't know and ask for help.
THANK YOU! I didn't know that revenue and net income were the same as profit and turnover. THANKS SO SO MUCH.

Again, something found out by a quick google...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
Again, something found out by a quick google...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but why would i suddenly think 'hmm.. i wonder if revenue is the same as turnover?' I wouldn't. So its all very well saying google can tell you the answer, but it can't tell you the answer if you don't know the question.
You're all acting as if Google is God or something. Google isn't the answer to everything!
Reply 31

I know what turnover is, i just didn't know that in America it was called revenue. And if you don't ask how are you ever going to learn? At least i admit what i don't know and ask for help.

You are severely underestimating the power of GOOGLE.

It's good that you are asking. But ask something what GOOGLE doesn't know.

And GOOGLE can help you verify which means its never wrong.

GOOGLE.
Yes, but why would i suddenly think 'hmm.. i wonder if revenue is the same as turnover?' I wouldn't. So its all very well saying google can tell you the answer, but it can't tell you the answer if you don't know the question.

No, but when you don't know what a word means (here, revenue) you can google "define revenue" "what does revenue mean" "dictionary" and then search revenue, "business language for dummies" "business language explained" "revenue explained simple", etc.

It's pretty simple. And if you want to be successful in the modern world, you need to be able to take the initiative to learn how to use search engines.(Something even 7 year olds can do. It really doesn't work to your advantage if your boss is considering who to promote and finds you on tsr asking what a word means.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
No, but when you don't know what a word means (here, revenue) you can google "define revenue" "what does revenue mean" "dictionary" and then search revenue, "business language for dummies" "business language explained" "revenue explained simple", etc.

It's pretty simple. And if you want to be successful in the modern world, you need to be able to take the initiative to learn how to use search engines.(Something even 7 year olds can do. It really doesn't work to your advantage if your boss is considering who to promote and finds you on tsr asking what a word means.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never asked what a word mean. I was trying to find the annual turnover of a brand. I wasn't even looking at revenue or thinking about revenue until someone mentioned it on here.
Oh, and my boss wouldn't find me asking what a word means on tsr because;
a)that's not what i was doing.
b)why would my boss be on tsr anyway, or know my account name?
and
c)i am not even old enough to have a boss.

But thank you anyway for caring so much about whether i get a promotion or not :smile:
Thanks. I don't understand all this american money system. So the net income is the profit. Right, thanks. Do you know which bit would be the turnover please?

I never asked what a word mean. I was trying to find the annual turnover of a brand. I wasn't even looking at revenue or thinking about revenue until someone mentioned it on here.
Oh, and my boss wouldn't find me asking what a word means on tsr because;
a)that's not what i was doing.
b)why would my boss be on tsr anyway, or know my account name?
and
c)i am not even old enough to have a boss.

But thank you anyway for caring so much about whether i get a promotion or not :smile:

Yep, above. You could've just googled the headings...

To all of the rest, it was just a random example of why people need to learn basic IT skills. To b), they would probably have just given you a task and come back to find you asking people on forums rather than google.
Anyway, whatever, we're around the same age so I guess it just means more for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
Yep, above. You could've just googled the headings...

To all of the rest, it was just a random example of why people need to learn basic IT skills. To b), they would probably have just given you a task and come back to find you asking people on forums rather than google.
Anyway, whatever, we're around the same age so I guess it just means more for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did google the turnover, profit, year started, country started etc. and I found everything except turnoveer and profit because I didn't know that turnover and Profit were called something differant in America, and when someone on her told me that I then Googled it and found all the information I needed.

Anyway, it's done now, so it doesn't matter. It's not exactly going to end the world or anything...

Bye :smile:
P.S. How would you know whether we are around the same age, when you barley know anything about me?
I did google the turnover, profit, year started, country started etc. and I found everything except turnoveer and profit because I didn't know that turnover and Profit were called something differant in America, and when someone on her told me that I then Googled it and found all the information I needed.

Anyway, it's done now, so it doesn't matter. It's not exactly going to end the world or anything...

Bye :smile:
P.S. How would you know whether we are around the same age, when you barley know anything about me?

Sorry, I was really cranky when I wrote that so I probably came off a bit weird...

I guessed based on the homework task you'd been given, how you'd gone about it and where you posted this (On a student forum.) that you're probably near/around GCSE age, so therefore around,my age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
QUOTE=Sheldor;41898804]Sorry, I was really cranky when I wrote that so I probably came off a bit weird...

I guessed based on the homework task you'd been given, how you'd gone about it and where you posted this (On a student forum.) that you're probably near/around GCSE age, so therefore around,my age.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ar, ok, :K: I was really annoyed with all the previous posts aswell so...... lets just forgive and forget :smile: :2euk48l: :badger::banana::bee2:[s]
]:google:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending