The Student Room Group

Bad UCAS reference?!...options?!

I just wanted to get peoples opinions...

I am applying to do another course through UCAS after failing my degree due to serious extenuating circumstances. Due to serious bad luck, my personal tutor has left and therefore couldn't provide me with a ucas reference. Instead I have got just an academic reference from uni literally stating what exams I did and when with no mention of me as a person and no mention of my extenuating circumstances.

Would such a reference get me rejected?!

I have made the unis I wish to apply to aware of my extenuating circumstances, but should I send in a separate letter from my dr or someone else from uni instead as its not mentioned in my reference?

Thank you
Reply 1
I would do something like that or ring tthem because unfortunately you sound bad on paper. If you see it from their point, are you applying for the same course different? Have you mentioned something in your personal statement about this?
Reply 2
Original post by Rachel26
I would do something like that or ring tthem because unfortunately you sound bad on paper. If you see it from their point, are you applying for the same course different? Have you mentioned something in your personal statement about this?

I wrote a line in my personal statement:
I have withdrawn from my degree due to serious extenuating circumstances, as explained in a letter from myself to the admissions team.

I was then thinking to send in a letter from my GP to confirm I was sexually assaulted by another med student who was never disciplined, leading to anxiety and depression and that they believe going to a different uni and starting fresh would be a good thing. I want to do nursing now...so a different but related course...

it seems like the uni is reluctant to add it in as it makes them look bad as nothing was ever done about what happened...erghh soo stressful :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending