The Student Room Group

Could she have been trying to chat him up?

I went out to a party with my new boyfriend last night and there's some girl who kept chatting to him about music etc, they seemed to have loads in common music wise.

I wasn't too bothered by that, but then later on they made a bet and he lost but apparently the winner was to buy the loser a shot, so she bought him a shot.

I'm taking it for granted that she wasn't chatting him up because generally girls aren't interested in him as he's not a badboy. He's a bit too serious about life in general and somewhat introverted. However, he's very successful in his career and good long term prospect, he's marriage material.

But could she have been chatting him up?
Reply 1
She probably was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
yeah maybe because she didnt know he had a girlfriend
Reply 3
No. there is probably a flirty undercurrent but nothing will come of it most likely. And honestly buying others shots at a party is nothing. Honestly it sounds like he could use the attention if your reaction was you took it for granted no-one would be interested in him
Reply 4
Original post by eliza.anne
She probably was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case, what a bitch.

I told him that she seemed really fond of him, but he thinks it was all innocent
Reply 5
Original post by babygirl110
In that case, what a bitch.

I told him that she seemed really fond of him, but he thinks it was all innocent

Agreed, if she knew he had a girlfriend. But if she wasn't aware you can't blame her too much. I wouldn't dwell on it though, your boyfriend seemed oblivious so it's not that big a deal :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably, was it obvious that he wasn't single?

Just because he's not the type that generally attracts loads of girls doesn't mean anything. All girls have different types, your boyfriend may have happened to be her type.
Reply 7
Original post by Sereni
No. there is probably a flirty undercurrent but nothing will come of it most likely. And honestly buying others shots at a party is nothing. Honestly it sounds like he could use the attention if your reaction was you took it for granted no-one would be interested in him

Yeah, I'm kind of chuffed that he got attention. He told me he's not interested in her when I told him that she seemed fond of him
Reply 8
Original post by eliza.anne
Agreed, if she knew he had a girlfriend. But if she wasn't aware you can't blame her too much. I wouldn't dwell on it though, your boyfriend seemed oblivious so it's not that big a deal :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, she knows that we are together.

Part of me even wondered whether its all a game to her, a challenge to see if she can have him
Reply 9

Part of me even wondered whether its all a game to her, a challenge to see if she can have him

Yeah then she's a bitch, if she tries it again I'd make it clear he's very much yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
So what if she was?

As long as you trust your boyfriend whats the big deal? She might want to ride him til the cows come home but if you trust him, you'll know that he'll do the right thing and go home with you.
Reply 11

Or maybe she was just being friendly... you know just making conversation after all it was a party. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Original post by Lexi99
So what if she was?

As long as you trust your boyfriend whats the big deal? She might want to ride him til the cows come home but if you trust him, you'll know that he'll do the right thing and go home with you.

This.
Reply 13
Original post by reissekm
Or maybe she was just being friendly... you know just making conversation after all it was a party. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that too.

Which is why I'm asking what people think. It might be me getting the wrong end of the stick.
Reply 14
Original post by reissekm
This.

Original post by Lexi99
So what if she was?

Yeah, I trust him. Was just curious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending