The Student Room Group

Feminist Frequency

Scroll to see replies

Original post by uktotalgamer
All of these things. Why have they never happened to anyone else? Why just you?

You not seeing these things due to a lack of social life/female friends is not the same as these things never happening, hth.
Original post by redferry
You know we do exist. 5ft 8/9 32DD blonde hair, down to my waist.
Why is that difficult to believe? Read through my other posts on this forum and you will see I have always been 100% consistent with these facts.

I'm calling 99% bull****.
Reply 62
99.9% imho
Reply 63
Original post by truffle_girl
This is just it. I'm a size 8, 20, pretty and go clubbing very regularly. I don't live in a nunnery. Yet, I simply don't observe what you claim to. How do you define "harassed"? As a sidenote, many of my MALE friends have been attacked/threatened, in some way; certainly more so, than my female friends. This is why I see feminist claims as very sensationalistic, and feminist goals, very one-sided.

Physically feeling me up and making sexual and lewd comments to me. The general things that fall under the category sexual harassment. Read my previous posts for some examples.

My friend did get forcefully kissed by a transvestite, that was bad for him, but my male friends are good at keeping out of trouble and not getting into fights. It does happen though although with one of them he's always the one that starts it. He almost got stabbed by a tramp after shouting abuse at the poor bloke when he was asleep.

No I agree unprovoked male assault is an big issue. It is a lot easier to avoid though and tends to happen less outside of alcohol fueled settings.

I would say I get my arse grabbed on 60% or so on nights out, and 90% of the time in 'mainstream' clubs.

I'm sorry, but it's this bit I have trouble believing. At any rate, I'm sure there are men who could post about equally as bad experiences. Even when it comes to arse-grabbing and lewd comments, it can happen to men, too.
Original post by Captain Haddock
You not seeing these things due to a lack of social life/female friends is not the same as these things never happening, hth.

Straight in with the ad-hominem attacking, I see.
Reply 66
Feminists like this who seem to want to "go the extra mile" in showing that they are the same as men tend to be butt ugly. Just saying.

I don't understand how this is of any significance?
Some of the most intelligent women may be deemed as 'ugly' (which, in itself is completely subjective to who is labelling the person as ugly). If you want to argue with someone's motives or arguments, go for it! But, I don't understand what the relevance or correlation of 'ugly' with an argument is?
All of these things. Why have they never happened to anyone else? Why just you?

They probably do happen to other people as well.

That said, I do think the person who posted that has been exceptionally unlucky with her experiences. I'd hope most people don't experience that.

Certainly, I know very attractive girls who never get stuff like that. I guess some people are just unfortunate on occasions with the people they encounter.
Reply 68

Original post by Robbie242
99.9% imho

Why would I lie consistently for a good 2 years? :s-smilie:
It does happen though although with one of them he's always the one that starts it. He almost got stabbed by a tramp after shouting abuse at the poor bloke when he was asleep.

Why are you friends with him, then? Is he much better than some of the less-extreme examples you provide against you?
Reply 70
I'm sorry, but it's this bit I have trouble believing. At any rate, I'm sure there are men who could post about equally as bad experiences. Even when it comes to arse-grabbing and lewd comments, it can happen to men, too.

No I know it can happen to men, females suffer from it a lot more regularly though.

Just as physical assault happens more commonly to men.

Although in clubs I would say more bum feeling goes on than punching in any one night. Although I did once get punched by someone for taking offense to the fact he felt my bum, so he probably goes around doing both.
Why would I lie consistently for a good 2 years? :s-smilie:

Because you sound like a typical feminist who makes a mountain out of a molehill. I can guarantee that if they are true; all of the things you have posted are so far from the truth.
Reply 72
Original post by Algorithm69
No I'm not going to watch any of your carefully-selected crap anime, thanks. I find it all insulting to my intellect. It doesn't matter if you can show one or two or even ten examples (and I highly doubt your examples actually do portray women realistically), the fact is anime in general portays the genders in a highly unrealistic and sexist way.

In a single paragraph you have globally refused to make any significant effort to take in any anime whatsoever, and made sweeping statements about all of anime. If you cannot see what is wrong with this, I would recommend that in the future you try to avoid discussions. You will only embarrass yourself.
Reply 73
Why are you friends with him, then? Is he much better than some of the less-extreme examples you provide against you?

Well he's very nice when he isn't practically paralytic. I don't associate with him when he is like that though beyond trying to send him home.
Straight in with the ad-hominem attacking, I see.

Yeah, so?
Reply 75
Because you sound like a typical feminist who makes a mountain out of a molehill. I can guarantee that if they are true; all of the things you have posted are so far from the truth.

That doesn't even make any sense :s-smilie:
And why do you believe all feminists are ugly? :s-smilie:

Also I have been 100% truthful with everything I have posted about myself and my experiences on this thread.
That doesn't even make any sense :s-smilie:
And why do you believe all feminists are ugly? :s-smilie:

Also I have been 100% truthful with everything I have posted about myself and my experiences on this thread.

Of course it does. People like you make mountains out of molehills and probably take things out of context, all that sort of crap.

I can guarantee your talking absolute bullcrap.
Reply 77
Original post by Chief Wiggum
They probably do happen to other people as well.

That said, I do think the person who posted that has been exceptionally unlucky with her experiences. I'd hope most people don't experience that.

Certainly, I know very attractive girls who never get stuff like that. I guess some people are just unfortunate on occasions with the people they encounter.

In all fairness, I've had a lot less trouble in clubs since I moved from Bristol to Leeds, I get the impression there's less of a 'LAD' culture at the uni here.
I do have friends who share my experiences though. One of my friends has a huge chest and guys on nights out seem to think that means they can just grab it/randomly motorboat her.
Reply 78
The whole thing is a scam.

Besides that, the idea is stupid. Women are sexualised in video games because video games is a male dominated market. And what do males like? half-naked girls. As we see more and more females take up vidya, this will slowly decline. Personally, I don't even see a problem.
Reply 79
Of course it does. People like you make mountains out of molehills and probably take things out of context, all that sort of crap.

I can guarantee your talking absolute bullcrap.

How is getting followed home sworn at and having people making lewd sexual comments taking things out of context? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending