The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Has anyone mananged to apply for accomodation yet?

Hi all, I heard that Leicester was opening accomodation applications last Friday, so tried to register but it kept giving me errors ... I eventually emailed them and got a reply saying that it won't actually open til Monday/Tuesday
I tried again both yesterday and today, but it still tells me my details are incorrect when I try and register... has anyone else had any luck?
:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im in same situation, they told me.on email march but it just wont work!! They should have a set date :/ What you thinking of applying for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Just recieved an email from Leicester saying its going through the process of going live so we have to keep trying untill it works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by rosiesaurus
Hi all, I heard that Leicester was opening accomodation applications last Friday, so tried to register but it kept giving me errors ... I eventually emailed them and got a reply saying that it won't actually open til Monday/Tuesday
I tried again both yesterday and today, but it still tells me my details are incorrect when I try and register... has anyone else had any luck?
:biggrin:

I'm having the same problem, I emailed 2 weeks ago and they said the service will open first week of March. Received no emails and my details still won't work to register but I emailed them today and they haven't got back to me yet. Worried that i'm going to miss out and not get the accommodation I want!
Reply 4
I had the same problem for ages but just today managed to register and apply :smile: Just a waiting game untill the system recognises everyones Leicester student number

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks, getting stressed out. Do you receive an email first then register or try registering then receive an email telling you what to do next?
Reply 6
You just have to keep trying untill it allows you to register :smile: I had the error message for ages before! When you have registered they will email you straight away, then your ready to apply!

Was a good feeling :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thanks, I will continue to keep trying. Which accommodation have you applied to?
Reply 8
My first 2 choices have been Catered at Beaumont, first one ensuite and 2nd premium single. You get 6 choices with 4 minimum, I had 4 because anymore and It wouldnt be what I wanted. What you wanting to apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I want GMS Bowder court for my first choice self catered and ensuite and JF for my second, premium ensuite self catered but because I have min of 4 options I will probably go for premium + as my other two options. As long as I have my own bathroom I will be fine haha. That is, if they validate my details!
Reply 10
You should be able to very soon mate! haha yeah I need my own bathroom 100%, im a bit of a Cean freak!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I am still unable to register as i think they are still loading the system but despite them replying to me saying that mine should be working. And that was yesterday.
i registered for accommodation yesterday. it wont be processed till i get grades but my choices are in the system. that was first try as well.
Reply 13
Original post by jjaammster
i registered for accommodation yesterday. it wont be processed till i get grades but my choices are in the system. that was first try as well.

What have you applied for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Apustow
I am still unable to register as i think they are still loading the system but despite them replying to me saying that mine should be working. And that was yesterday.

I emailed them two days ago and they said it should work in the afternoon, it is still not validating. I asked them 2 weeks ago as well about the accommodation system and they weren't very helpful. Does this mean we are less likely to get our first choice because most people have already sorted their accommodation out?
a variety of GMSand john foster
i basically want the premium ensuite.
2 are catered one is not
and the 4th is just a standard ensuite
Reply 16
a variety of GMSand john foster
i basically want the premium ensuite.
2 are catered one is not
and the 4th is just a standard ensuite

Whats the difference in premium and standard ensuite? :smile: Is it worth the quite abit of extra money? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hart1995
Whats the difference in premium and standard ensuite? :smile: Is it worth the quite abit of extra money? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have NO idea.
according to the site its a basic single ensuite room vs a single en suite room

it was as much what was on offer as anything.
Reply 18
i have NO idea.
according to the site its a basic single ensuite room vs a single en suite room

it was as much what was on offer as anything.

I know they dont explain it very well on the site! You can have 'premium ensuite' or 'premium + ensuite', whats all that about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hart1995
I know they dont explain it very well on the site! You can have 'premium ensuite' or 'premium + ensuite', whats all that about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh premium vs premium plus is better internet.

Quick Reply

Latest