The Student Room Group

Remarking, what is likely to happen?

Hello,

Just wanted to ask about remarking. I recently resat my Russian History exam and got an E (my original mark being a D) I'm currently on a B overall because of the fact I did really well in my British History but I'm rather gutted that it's been given such a low mark. Due to my initial fury this morning, I decided to pay £36 to have it remarked. Has anyone experienced remarking before and is it more likely to go up, down or stay the same and how long are the exam board likely to correspond and get the updated mark back?

Thanks,

Sean.
Reply 1
My history paper went up 10UMS last year, so it can occur. Most papers do stay same though - 279,000 remarks submitted last summer, 45,000 changed.
My only remark went up 8 marks.
Reply 3
I sat AQA AS Tsarist Russia last year and was disappointed. My college sent everyone's paper off to be remarked and my grade improved by 11 marks. I'd go for it.
Reply 4
Original post by JackJack
My history paper went up 10UMS last year, so it can occur. Most papers do stay same though - 279,000 remarks submitted last summer, 45,000 changed.

Yeah, just had it back and it stayed the same, really gutted. :frown:

Original post by H0ls
I sat AQA AS Tsarist Russia last year and was disappointed. My college sent everyone's paper off to be remarked and my grade improved by 11 marks. I'd go for it.

Yeah that's happened with my english - the entire class has been remarked. I think exam boards need to step up their game to be honest.
Reply 5
Original post by guardian
Yeah, just had it back and it stayed the same, really gutted. :frown:

Yeah that's happened with my english - the entire class has been remarked. I think exam boards need to step up their game to be honest.

I agree, it's disgusting to think that those without the funds to afford a remark (or a pushy college who will pay for the entire class) may be missing out on their deserved grade, and/or place at university due to the fault of the marker.
Reply 6
Original post by H0ls
I agree, it's disgusting to think that those without the funds to afford a remark (or a pushy college who will pay for the entire class) may be missing out on their deserved grade, and/or place at university due to the fault of the marker.

Exactly, a number of people will decide to not have it remarked due to the extortionate cost or because they may feel as if they deserved a lower grade when actually they got higher. Mr Gove needs to get his act together.

Quick Reply

Latest