The Student Room Group

going into clearing without rejecting offers

Is it possible to go into clearing without rejecting firm or insurance offers. I heard you can if you get higher grades than your firm and insurance offers.

Is this true?
Original post by darryalar
Is it possible to go into clearing without rejecting firm or insurance offers. I heard you can if you get higher grades than your firm and insurance offers.

Is this true?

You will not enter clearing with your firm and insurance offers in good stead.

What you are referring to is called Adjustment. Not all Unis participate in this, however.
Reply 2
I got in through adjustment.....any uni that has places for clearing have places for adjustment (probably preferred). Also I didnt have to reject anyone until i got my new offer through
Any questions just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by moorbre
I got in through adjustment.....any uni that has places for clearing have places for adjustment (probably preferred). Also I didnt have to reject anyone until i got my new offer through
Any questions just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great. Will it get me into trouble with my current offers as the person above me is suggesting.
Reply 4
How do i know if my uni's will participate in this? Is there a lot offers on there as i want to do only either pharmacy or optometry.
Reply 5
That's great. Will it get me into trouble with my current offers as the person above me is suggesting.

No because you only qualify for adjustment if you have exceeded your offer, for example, offer is ABB and you achieve AAB. Once you register for adjustment (after results) you have a limited time period to secure an offer (I think it's 5 days). You can receive an offer through adjustment without having to withdraw your place with you firm choice too so it's less hassle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did I suggest that? LOL

All I said was you will not enter clearing with offers. Adjustment is not the same as clearing, although they are similar.
Good topic

No. I believe your firm choice knows if you register for Adjustment, but there's nothing they can do about it anyway and you're not going to be in trouble for it :nah:

As a side note, if you're eligible for Adjustment it means you met and exceeded the conditions of your firm offer, which means you no longer have an insurance choice.

How do i know if my uni's will participate in this? Is there a lot offers on there as i want to do only either pharmacy or optometry.

You phone up unis you're interested in and ask them.
Reply 9

Your other applications are completely unaffected, if you fail to adjust you can just go back to your fim as if nothing else has happened...be aware of the short amount of tim for all of this though, plan before results day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending