The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

COME ON!
Nadal's done it.

His first hard court title in almost 3 years - and what a way to do it.
Reply 162
Who saw this coming at the start of the tournament?
Original post by Prendah

Not me! I had Djokovic as favourite - this is simply stunning/
Reply 164
4 championship points saved but one too many for Del Potro.

Well done to both and great play from Nadal.

Looks like the 3-2 15-0 on serve was the deciding moment.
Reply 165
Poor Delpo looks heartbroken.
And the amazing Nadal comeback continues - never saw him winning this :eek:

i hope Delpo can keep this standard up, a masters will be on his way soon if he does!
Reply 167
the tiredness took its toll in the end on del potro, 3 matches going the full distance with no days in-between for breaks
Original post by hskjlclcn
And the amazing Nadal comeback continues - never saw him winning this :eek:

i hope Delpo can keep this standard up, a masters will be on his way soon if he does!

It's such a shame - it really should have come today, but he had a fatal lapse in the 6th game of the 2nd set.
Reply 169
Original post by Prendah

I had Federer vs Djokovic.

Still, 2 of my 5 favourate players in the final and a great match (Federer, Nadal, Del Potro, Tomic, Raonic).

Means a lot to Nadal does this, i think he came in just wanting the match practice but really wanted it after a few matches.
Reply 170
Rafa hahahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
Cant stop lauging we've separated from federer and now finally have more masters then federer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 172
Nonetheless, Rafa isn't playing in Miami, guess he doesn't want to risk it with too much hard court play.
I'm not sure that was necessarily Rafa's greatest test, though. He faced his pigeons all the way to the final with the exception of Gulbis. Obviously it was a great achievement but it was helped by an excellent draw. Roland Garros might not be so easy.
Original post by ubi1
Rafa hahahahaha

knew you'd be happy :rolleyes:

Original post by Krish4791
It's such a shame - it really should have come today, but he had a fatal lapse in the 6th game of the 2nd set.

I think the last 2 matches just caught up with him!
Reply 175
God rafa can now get a huge streak going am saying he will break bjorn borg streak of 49 wins all surfaces

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rafa! :biggrin: Magnificent way to take the Masters record, 600th win and no.4. Inconceivable 3 weeks ago that he'd be holding the trophy at a hard court Masters but he's just played incredibly this week.

Still hope Delpo isn't too downbeat about his loss, he played 3 amazing matches in a row and took out the world no.1. If it weren't for Rafa's comeback his performance in this tournament would have been every bit as brilliant.
Reply 177
its hard on del potro being ranked outside the top 4, it means he has to go through 3 of them win anything
Original post by ubi1
God rafa can now get a huge streak going am saying he will break bjorn borg streak of 49 wins all surfaces

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good feeling, eh? Well, congratulations to Rafa - it's time for him and his fans to celebrate for now :biggrin:
Reply 179
Before rafa career is over he will have more then 30 masters 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest