The Student Room Group

how to study in norway- filling out the application form problems

http://www.nokut.no/Documents/NOKUT/Artikkelbibliotek/Utenlandsk_utdanning/soknadsskjema/soknadsskjema.pdf

this is the application form but i dont have any degrees, but it says what is marked in red must be filled out! i want to apply for the bachelor in biology so of course i dont have a degree lol... anybody applied to norway from the uk can help me out please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes because we are part of the EEA
Reply 2
help? i dont have a degree but want to do the bachelor in biology so what am i supposed to fill in? and is the only way of applying posting it to them? as to phone would cost loads of money.
Reply 3
this is ****ing awful how am i meant to apply? help?
Original post by iamgreatness
help? i dont have a degree but want to do the bachelor in biology so what am i supposed to fill in? and is the only way of applying posting it to them? as to phone would cost loads of money.

That form seems to be asking you to list your qualifications, so that the Norwegians can figure out how well qualified you are in terms of their own education system. It's not an application form for a course, just a request for info to show you are qualified to enrol for the course. I think the 'Certificate' box is section 3 is where you list your GCSE's, AS's and A2's. There is limited space, as I think the Norwegians (and most Europeans) do a Baccalaureate-type exam which is simpler to enter into a form. You'll need to list your exam results on a separate page.

Phoning Norway is not expensive, particularly if you sign up to a service like 1899.com, which will cost you 3p/minute to a landline. Many Norwegians speak good English, so you should be able to communicate OK. Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Pastaferian
That form seems to be asking you to list your qualifications, so that the Norwegians can figure out how well qualified you are in terms of their own education system. It's not an application form for a course, just a request for info to show you are qualified to enrol for the course. I think the 'Certificate' box is section 3 is where you list your GCSE's, AS's and A2's. There is limited space, as I think the Norwegians (and most Europeans) do a Baccalaureate-type exam which is simpler to enter into a form. You'll need to list your exam results on a separate page.

Phoning Norway is not expensive, particularly if you sign up to a service like 1899.com, which will cost you 3p/minute to a landline. Many Norwegians speak good English, so you should be able to communicate OK. Good luck!

for the 3p do i have to call them on a landline? and whats in it for them? and it says whats in red i have to fill in so for the degree stuff should i just put n/a? or do u think its best if i just phone the ****ers up?
for the 3p do i have to call them on a landline? and whats in it for them? and it says whats in red i have to fill in so for the degree stuff should i just put n/a? or do u think its best if i just phone the ****ers up?

Assuming that you don't have any qualifications beyond A2... yes, you should enter 'n/a' in section 2 or just cross it out.

But a phone call wouldn't hurt - the system is bound to be confusing. I didn't understand what you mean by "whats in it for them".
Reply 7
Assuming that you don't have any qualifications beyond A2... yes, you should enter 'n/a' in section 2 or just cross it out.

But a phone call wouldn't hurt - the system is bound to be confusing. I didn't understand what you mean by "whats in it for them".

y does 1899 make it cheaper how do they make their money
y does 1899 make it cheaper how do they make their money

They rent bandwidth in bulk - http://www.1899.com/faq.php?question=13
My dad signed up because he calls Europe for work, and it's always cheaper than using BT, at least it is when calling landlines.
Reply 9
My dad signed up because he calls Europe for work, and it's always cheaper than using BT, at least it is when calling landlines.

safe fam
Reply 10

does the university of nordland in norway look **** or do u think its alright
does the university of nordland in norway look **** or do u think its alright

Sorry, I have no idea
Reply 12
Sorry, I have no idea

well check for me
Reply 13
That’s not an application to university form; it’s a form for recognition of foreign higher education.
Reply 14
ill call them whatever the **** i want
Reply 15
Original post by Isthmus
That’s not an application to university form; it’s a form for recognition of foreign higher education.

wats that mean
Reply 16
wats that mean

I believe this is a form aimed at recognizing foreign higher education for people wanting to study in Norway, since not all foreign institutions are acknowledged by Norwegian universities. Maybe you should try to contact the university you want to apply to directly and ask how you should apply?
Reply 17
Original post by Isthmus
I believe this is a form aimed at recognizing foreign higher education for people wanting to study in Norway, since not all foreign institutions are acknowledged by Norwegian universities. Maybe you should try to contact the university you want to apply to directly and ask how you should apply?

can u phone them for me it costs too much mjoney
Reply 18
can u phone them for me it costs too much mjoney

No, sorry, it would probably cost me equally as much. Perhaps you should try to email them instead?
Reply 19
Original post by Isthmus
No, sorry, it would probably cost me equally as much. Perhaps you should try to email them instead?

i have and the ****ers havent replied back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending