The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

St Peters Court (2013 Entry)

Anyone planning on staying there or had any experiences, I can't decide if I should stay there or raleigh or in the jubilee campus
Reply 1
Original post by Hellooo5667
Anyone planning on staying there or had any experiences, I can't decide if I should stay there or raleigh or in the jubilee campus

I'm in the exact same situation, I'm torn between Broadgate Park, St Peters Court and Raleigh Park haha! My lectures and that will be based on Jubilee Campus too so I'm thinking that Broadgate will be really inconvenient but it looks so good!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Hellooo5667

Out of those, I would definitely choose SPC! I didn't stay there for my first year but if you like partying, drinking and stuff you would love it. The people are nice and its always a buzzing atmosphere especially at the old block! And, you get free gym membership and a free bus to town and to both UP and Jubilee.

Let me know if you want to know more :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by rparmar20
Out of those, I would definitely choose SPC! I didn't stay there for my first year but if you like partying, drinking and stuff you would love it. The people are nice and its always a buzzing atmosphere especially at the old block! And, you get free gym membership and a free bus to town and to both UP and Jubilee.

Would you know what the difference is between Broadgate Park and St Peter's Court in terms of the atmosphere?

Also when I went to visit BGP the en-suit rooms seemed really small, do you know if they are a bit bigger at SPC? :colondollar:
I wanted Broadgate but just emailed and they haven't got any ensuites left, so I'm now choosing between SPC and Raleigh even though I'm on UP :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by JuliaABlu
Would you know what the difference is between Broadgate Park and St Peter's Court in terms of the atmosphere?

Also when I went to visit BGP the en-suit rooms seemed really small, do you know if they are a bit bigger at SPC? :colondollar:

In terms of atmosphere, both are brilliant! Broadgate Park during my freshers year was honestly one of the best of my life, the amount of nice people you meet is insane. But, I've been to SPC quite a lot and it's the same, so it's really up to you in terms of preference.

The ensuite rooms are really similar at both BGP and SPC, but I have seen more ensuite rooms at SPC bigger than at BGP.
In terms of atmosphere, both are brilliant! Broadgate Park during my freshers year was honestly one of the best of my life, the amount of nice people you meet is insane. But, I've been to SPC quite a lot and it's the same, so it's really up to you in terms of preference.

The ensuite rooms are really similar at both BGP and SPC, but I have seen more ensuite rooms at SPC bigger than at BGP.

Which blocks would you recommend? And which are the old ones? Are they not as good or ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know a lot about the atmosphere at Raleigh Park? And is SPC a bit isolated from the rest of the halls as it's furthest from main campus?
Reply 8
Original post by hannahlsmith
Which blocks would you recommend? And which are the old ones? Are they not as good or ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really depends what you're in to! Old block is definitely more wild and in my eyes, more fun. Plus, you get the grassy knoll! The new block I think has nicer rooms and slightly quieter, but is still good too! I don't actually know the letters of the blocks that are old and new sorry!
Reply 9
Original post by Midwife2be:)
Do you know a lot about the atmosphere at Raleigh Park? And is SPC a bit isolated from the rest of the halls as it's furthest from main campus?

The atmosphere at Raleigh Park is very underrated, I've had some wild parties and pre-drinks at Raleigh! Are you considering staying there?

And SPC is not at all isolated, its like a 5 minute walk from SPC to Raleigh Park/Manor.
It really depends what you're in to! Old block is definitely more wild and in my eyes, more fun. Plus, you get the grassy knoll! The new block I think has nicer rooms and slightly quieter, but is still good too! I don't actually know the letters of the blocks that are old and new sorry!

I suppose I don't really mind which I go to then! On spc you can choose a block :') I'd assume that the later letters of the alphabet will be newer cause they won't start at p and then add a-o later on I wouldn't suppose :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
The atmosphere at Raleigh Park is very underrated, I've had some wild parties and pre-drinks at Raleigh! Are you considering staying there?

And SPC is not at all isolated, its like a 5 minute walk from SPC to Raleigh Park/Manor.

I'm trying to decide between SPC and Raleigh, Raleigh is closest to QMC where my lectures are but I would rather go to the one with the most undergraduates and that's most social. Can you still use the buss for free if you are at Raleigh?
Reply 12
Original post by hannahlsmith
I suppose I don't really mind which I go to then! On spc you can choose a block :') I'd assume that the later letters of the alphabet will be newer cause they won't start at p and then add a-o later on I wouldn't suppose :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think that's right actually, the earlier letters are the old block!

Original post by Midwife2be:)
I'm trying to decide between SPC and Raleigh, Raleigh is closest to QMC where my lectures are but I would rather go to the one with the most undergraduates and that's most social. Can you still use the buss for free if you are at Raleigh?

It is really up to you! Both are really good, but I prefer SPC. And they are about 5 mins away from each other, so distance isn't really an issue. Unfortunately you can't use the free bus at Raleigh though.
Reply 13
Is anyone in block h? Or flat 29? starting in September 2013 x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending