University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Hugh Stewart Halls 2013

ytddtrddutjfkugjlnoiy97iugkjb
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I am But it won't let me log in to accept!
I'm doing French, ab Spanish and politics and have a shared ensuite...I hope it's with another girl though! How are you feeling about being in the oldest building? do you know if it's a good hall? PS there are loads of Nottingham Uni students on here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2287461
Alex x
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I'm Chloe, and I'll be studying Geography (BSc) :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by psmithq
Don't worry, shared ensuites are always with the same sex (from what I've read) and yeah I'm really glad I got Hugh Stewart, it looks beautiful and has a great traditional reputation! You can find out a little about it by doing a quick google search-it sounds like the place to be.

Won't let you log in? Are you using the right format?
username=ucas number
password=date of birth e.g. 24feb94

haha thanks I just realised what I was doing wrong...oops! I was talking to a family Friend who was in 'hu stu' halls and she said they were the best (as per) but also that because they were the biggest and oldest they hosted the best traditional balls and things. Do you know how many people will be on one corridor? Apparently the rooms are good, a little small but to be expected really. Can't wait! are you both on Gap Years??
Reply 4
Original post by psmithq
They've cut down their formal dinners to once a month rather than once a week :/ Still so looking forward to them.
I've got a large single study so hopefully my room won't be too small :wink:.
Yeah I took a year out to decide what I wanted to do... turned down offers for law and theology in order to go into engineering (:.
Spending this year working at a military mess, waiting/bar work... and its going so slow! Can't wait to get to uni!

I'm currently in raleigh park, it wasnt what i expected so I'm staying in Hugh stu next year, get the hall experience before moving into a house. You do realize engineering is like 99% guys right.
Reply 5
Original post by psmithq
Haha I know.. I already have a girl though so that's fine-and she's better than anybody else I'm gonna find in nottingham :wink:

Love that answer, I'm going with a boyfriend but he's already at a different uni. I'm on a gap year in France as an Aupair, looking after two children and learning French. It's been really good but like you I can't WAIT to go to nottingham especially after hearing all my friend's stories! I'm surprised there's still only a few of us...there looked to be hundreds from Cripps hall on the other thread! x
Hi I'm George going to do Law with Spanish and Spanish Law! Just on a (slightly unintentional) gap yah, just got back from teaching English in Sevilla for a week. Working selling hairdriers to pay for gin.

Nottingham seems quite awesome, from what I hear from my friend doing mechanical engineering. Apparently halls' food is quite good (even though she's in self-catering in Raleigh).
Reply 7
You are all gonna get fat.
Nicola and medicine :smile:

Anybody know what the single studies are like?
Reply 9
Hey i'm Jack and i'll be studying Mechanical Engineering!
Got my offer......Hugh Stewart....Single Study....Delighted. After 2 year of travelling to campus...i finally get to live on campus in the Third year....hooray!!
Reply 11
As you can see the file uploader is crap, especially for multiple files, you have to do them one at a time without a preview and each one took ages... so I missed a few and did a few more than once but hey you get the idea
Reply 12
Hi! I'm Jess and will (hopefully) be studying medicine :biggrin:

By the way, has anyone filled in the residence form yet? I don't actually know what my student ID is (is it the same as your UCAS id?)
Original post by jessjess
Hi! I'm Jess and will (hopefully) be studying medicine :biggrin:

By the way, has anyone filled in the residence form yet? I don't actually know what my student ID is (is it the same as your UCAS id?)

It's on your accommodation offer letter :smile:
Reply 14
Student ID is found on page 2 of the accommodation letter.
Reply 15
Original post by bheyev
Student ID is found on page 2 of the accommodation letter.

Original post by Hippokrates
It's on your accommodation offer letter :smile:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hellooo i'm Ali and will be doing Biochemistry!

Does anyone know what their block/room is yet? Do you know when we find out :biggrin: I'm just too excited!
Original post by ali.s1002
Hellooo i'm Ali and will be doing Biochemistry!

Does anyone know what their block/room is yet? Do you know when we find out :biggrin: I'm just too excited!

You won't find out until the day you move in. You'll be given your key and shown to your room by one of the Week One Reps.
Reply 18
Original post by Rainbow2753
You won't find out until the day you move in. You'll be given your key and shown to your room by one of the Week One Reps.

Sweet, thanks.
I'm not going to Nottingham uni but I thought I'd post for the interest of others. I've stayed in Hugh Stewart before. Pretty standard rooms, good size- bed, large desk, shelves, mini fridge, wardrobe. The bathrooms are normally shared, 1 between 2 rooms. The one I had was a bathtub with a shower head and a toilet.

Here's a picture of the room that I took:

DSCF4976.jpg

The mini-fridge was on the floor on the left of this photo, next to the wardrobe, but it didn't make it into the panorama
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending