The Student Room Group

OCR chemistry A- F321 and F322 help/advice/tips

I'm going to do f321 and f322 in may/june 2013

I'm retaking f321 in which I got a C in, in January 2013.

I want to get 100ums in f321 and at least 90ums in f322. I have started revising for f322 by going over the OCR textbook and doing the questions.

I'm in year 12 btw.

Any advice or tips will be really appreciated.

Also does anyone have this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Chemistry-OCR-Student/dp/1847627935/ref=pd_sim_b_2

If u do is it good/useful?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
I'm assuming your numbers are percentages? Because it's impossible to get 100UMS in F321, that's out of 90 :tongue: I did well in these exams, I never got the book on Amazon but that doesn't mean to say it's no good. People revise in different ways - I suggest you find the best way to do so. Do you know where you went wrong in F321? Were you doing well in the mocks? Exam past papers are the best way to get used to the kind of questions they ask, but the main thing with Chemistry I think is to understand the content instead of just learning it.
Reply 3
Original post by Zaphod77
I'm assuming your numbers are percentages? Because it's impossible to get 100UMS in F321, that's out of 90 :tongue: I did well in these exams, I never got the book on Amazon but that doesn't mean to say it's no good. People revise in different ways - I suggest you find the best way to do so. Do you know where you went wrong in F321? Were you doing well in the mocks? Exam past papers are the best way to get used to the kind of questions they ask, but the main thing with Chemistry I think is to understand the content instead of just learning it.

Yeah that's what I meant 90ums in f321.

Can u look at where u went wrong in January 2013 paper? Like you can for edexcel through results plus

I did every past paper for f321 from 2001 onwards, I understood everything, even after the exam I thought I got an A, but I was 2 ums of a B and got C.

That really annoyed me as I knew I put effort in for that exam, because I knew chem was my weak subject, but I still wanted to get an A.

I dont know if I can even put that much effort into my retake for f321.
Reply 4
Original post by Vorsah
Yeah that's what I meant 90ums in f321.

Can u look at where u went wrong in January 2013 paper? Like you can for edexcel through results plus

I did every past paper for f321 from 2001 onwards, I understood everything, even after the exam I thought I got an A, but I was 2 ums of a B and got C.

That really annoyed me as I knew I put effort in for that exam, because I knew chem was my weak subject, but I still wanted to get an A.

I dont know if I can even put that much effort into my retake for f321.

There is a small fee I think, but you can ask for a copy of your paper back. You'd have to talk to your school of course, but that's possible and then if needs be get a remark. It may well be that you missed key words or phrases in questions, but I don't know, sorry! It's still possible to do really well even with a mark not expected in one module, so stay hopeful :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Zaphod77
There is a small fee I think, but you can ask for a copy of your paper back. You'd have to talk to your school of course, but that's possible and then if needs be get a remark. It may well be that you missed key words or phrases in questions, but I don't know, sorry! It's still possible to do really well even with a mark not expected in one module, so stay hopeful :smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chemistry-Student-Book-CD-ROM-Level/dp/0435691813/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363566594&sr=1-1

THIS is the book you need! Print a copy of the current specification and with regards to that, make notes from the book adjacent the spec so you know what you need to learn and what you don't. Once you know your stuff, PAST PAPERS!!! You cannot expect to perform well without doing them and understanding how they will ask questions and which answers they are looking for.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Chohan
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chemistry-Student-Book-CD-ROM-Level/dp/0435691813/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363566594&sr=1-1

THIS is the book you need! Print a copy of the current specification and with regards to that, make notes from the book adjacent the spec so you know what you need to learn and what you don't. Once you know your stuff, PAST PAPERS!!! You cannot expect to perform well without doing them and understanding how they will ask questions and which answers they are looking for.

Good luck :smile:

yh i got this book, im already using it by doing every question on each spread
Reply 7
Original post by Vorsah
yh i got this book, im already using it by doing every question on each spread

It's good to do so you can see how much knowledge you actually have but those questions will not be in the same format as exam paper questions. By all means, do them to see how much you actually know but the way you will answer questions, with regards to that topic, is in exam papers so get doing them!
http://a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OCR%20Chemistry%20A/OCR%20Chemistry%20A%20home.html

Do every question pack on there, understand it fully.

Thank me later when you get an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending