The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anyone finished the C4 syllabus in college??
We just finished integration today and are starting vectors tomorrow...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m.dot.mak

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our 6th form is just about to finish it, they've only got binomial expansion left, however I finished it about 2 months ago as I thought the pace they went at was just too slow if I understood all the concepts, just more revision time for me I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by MathsNerd1
Our 6th form is just about to finish it, they've only got binomial expansion left, however I finished it about 2 months ago as I thought the pace they went at was just too slow if I understood all the concepts, just more revision time for me I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did binomial expansion ages ago lol
What's the worst part of C4 in your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We did binomial expansion ages ago lol
What's the worst part of C4 in your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We tend to finish on it as its such a nice chapter compared to integration and vectors.

In my personal opinion I'd have to say vectors and the construction of differential equations are the most challenging parts, however if I didn't take Further Maths then the integration would see quite overwhelming too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
We tend to finish on it as its such a nice chapter compared to integration and vectors.

In my personal opinion I'd have to say vectors and the construction of differential equations are the most challenging parts, however if I didn't take Further Maths then the integration would see quite overwhelming too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear... We've got vectors to do yet ;(
I think I found the differential equations quite alright personally

Do you do D1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear... We've got vectors to do yet ;(
I think I found the differential equations quite alright personally

Do you do D1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry they're different for everybody, I personally don't like to draw any diagrams so I'm basically looking for key words/phrases to be able to complete the questions and its only the last part which begin to confuse me.

Really? I just sometimes find it hard to be able to see which part goes where and what it's respect to. Hopefully I'll improve though.

Also I did D1 in Year 11 and D2 last year, how about you? It was quite a boring module though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Don't worry they're different for everybody, I personally don't like to draw any diagrams so I'm basically looking for key words/phrases to be able to complete the questions and its only the last part which begin to confuse me.

Really? I just sometimes find it hard to be able to see which part goes where and what it's respect to. Hopefully I'll improve though.

Also I did D1 in Year 11 and D2 last year, how about you? It was quite a boring module though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like D1, it's like a game to me lol
Absolutely hated stats last year so I took D1

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like D1, it's like a game to me lol
Absolutely hated stats last year so I took D1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it just wasn't for me as there was hardly any maths involved, I personally prefer the pure even though I got higher UMS in D1 and S1 too. I just tend to make daft mistakes on the day and make incorrect assumptions, I'll have to try and stop that if I'm going to get my A*

Also I didn't enjoy Stats either as it was just all over the place to me, S2 was more structured which I actually enjoyed even though I got higher marks in S1. It's abit strange really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Yeah, it just wasn't for me as there was hardly any maths involved, I personally prefer the pure even though I got higher UMS in D1 and S1 too. I just tend to make daft mistakes on the day and make incorrect assumptions, I'll have to try and stop that if I'm going to get my A*

Also I didn't enjoy Stats either as it was just all over the place to me, S2 was more structured which I actually enjoyed even though I got higher marks in S1. It's abit strange really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol that's maths for you :biggrin:
Yeah pure is definitely better than the applied modules

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I'm in Year 12, sitting these two exams in the Summer. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We finished volumes of revolution today, and I think that was our last topic.
Reply 71
Original post by brittanna
We finished volumes of revolution today, and I think that was our last topic.

Aaww okai, that's cool :wink:
How do you like C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaww okai, that's cool :wink:
How do you like C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think C4 is probably my favourite maths module, with FP2 coming in a close second. I enjoy all of it apart from binomial expansion and sometimes vectors.

How are you finding C4.
(edited 11 years ago)
Lol that's maths for you :biggrin:
Yeah pure is definitely better than the applied modules

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed and I'd have to agree with you on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think C4 is probably my favourite maths module, with FP2 coming in a lose second. I enjoy all of it apart from binomial expansion and sometimes vectors.

How are you finding C4.

Just out of curiosity but how're you finding FP2, have you completed the learning for the module and which parts do you find the most challenging?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Frankster
I'm in Year 12, sitting these two exams in the Summer. Anyone else?

Yeah me too :smile: It will be awesome getting a Maths A2 grade secured this year (if I do well :P)!
Just out of curiosity but how're you finding FP2, have you completed the learning for the module and which parts do you find the most challenging?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, we finished FP2 last Wednesday, and today we were continuing with D2 (we did half of it last year before the summer holidays). I quite like FP2. The main bit I struggle with is the loci topic in the complex numbers section. Especially when you have to find the loci involving two args. Also, with maclaurins and Taylor expansions, I like the theory behind them, but when it comes down to actually answering questions on them, it can get a bit boring and repetitive. How are you finding FP2? Have you finished it yet?
Reply 77
Original post by DanKeitley
Yeah me too :smile: It will be awesome getting a Maths A2 grade secured this year (if I do well :P)!

Yep! Looks good on UCAS if you've already achieved an A* in summet (again if I do well :tongue:!) What other A levels are you doing? I'm guessing FM is one.. :wink:
Yeah, we finished FP2 last Wednesday, and today we were continuing with D2 (we did half of it last year before the summer holidays). I quite like FP2. The main bit I struggle with is the loci topic in the complex numbers section. Especially when you have to find the loci involving two args. Also, with maclaurins and Taylor expansions, I like the theory behind them, but when it comes down to actually answering questions on them, it can get a bit boring and repetitive. How are you finding FP2? Have you finished it yet?

That's good and D2 was quite a decent module, it wasn't too bad to self teach it either which makes it better in my eyes.

I would have to agree with the loci questions as I only struggle with the arg transformations. I also struggle a little bit with polar coordinate questions which are asking for the length of this or that as I'm not too strong on the geometry side.

I'm quite enjoying FP2 and I finished the content a month ago so I've been going through my teachers assembled past papers even though his exams are always twice as hard as the normal thing and the fact I'm only dropping 7 marks currently is putting me in a good position for June. I'm just hoping the exam is a nice one and there isn't too many questions that could catch me out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got 85 UMS in C3 in January (stupid exponetial question ****ed up my 90+ UMS), so resiting C3 and doing C4 for first time.
I learnt all of C4 before Christmas and I hadn't really opened the book since then, so last week just started to relearn it all :angry:. For C4 chapters 1-5 are pretty simple; I just need to master integration and also differential equations.

I am going to work through all C4 77 Review Questions over Easter and do some of the Solomon C3/C4 papers. Then when study leave starts I am going to finish all the Solomons and move on to real Edexcel papers in the run-up to June.

Here is a pdf with all the C3 exam questions in order from June 2005 - Jan 2013. (24 hours of exam time :wink:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending