The Student Room Group

What makes you a slag

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michaelj
I actually LMAOed.

:smile:
Original post by ValerieStarr
'Slag' is word someone made up in order to oppress women and prevent them from deciding for themselves who and how many men/women they can sleep with and how they choose to 'flaunt' their sexuality. In reality a women's sexuality should be no one else's concern but her own.

Stop being such a victim. It's applied to both genders and people have every right to judge someone's sexual behaviour if they want to.
Reply 82
Original post by R_Sian89
In my opinion a 'slag' is someone who sleeps around specifically without PROTECTION! Catches STI's or gets pregnant. I have enjoyed a healthy six life with numerous men, have ALWAYS made sure a condom is in use and just for extra security on the pill. Be safe!

So...how many possible fathers then?
Original post by llessur123
People can do whatever they want with their genitals.

I think Jimmy Savile proved quite conclusively that this is not the case.
Anyone whose sex life deliberately harms someone else is pretty low. That means cheating on a partner, lying about protection, having sex when you know you may have an STI, things like that.

I'd rather call a person selfish in those situations though, rather than slag.
Reply 85
You can be a slag if you dress like one. (as the saying goes ''dress like a hoe, get treated like a hoe'')

Or you can be a slag if you are promiscuous.
Reply 86
Original post by brendonbackflip
Anyone whose sex life deliberately harms someone else is pretty low. That means cheating on a partner, lying about protection, having sex when you know you may have an STI, things like that.

I'd rather call a person selfish in those situations though, rather than slag.

I agree apart from the last sentence. Slags should be called slags openly so maybe they stop their slaggy ways
Reply 87
Original post by BowzerEdwards
I think Jimmy Savile proved quite conclusively that this is not the case.

Heard he likes the cheeky fiddle every now and then.
Basically girl's can have sex with any boy, as boys need sex, and its really easy for them to have sex with boys. So girls look at having sex as really easy, and not much of a challenge. Girls also have low sex drives due to the hormone oestrogen, and it takes them longer to get them into the mood for sex. for example, you have to talk to them and sheeettt. Basically say you love them, listen to them for abit, flirt with them, and slap ur sausage out lol
Reply 89
Original post by Juichiro
1. You would be surprised at how much social animals conform to the group. Humans are no exception.

People can determine what is right and wrong and whether it's appropriate to "conform". Myself, I'm against conformity.

2. Then your definition is unique to you. See: pejorative slang term, primarily used in United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Australia, to describe women who often engage in casual sex and promiscuous behaviour. There does not seem to be any equivalent for men, by the way.

I disagree with double standards, too. I've seen that definition, but like all thing it's open to interpretation and "slag" has such a loose meaning now.

3. Well, if she wants casual sex with a man, there is no problem as long as he wants casual sex with her as well. Your "I do not approve personally" is highly patronising especially when that relationship does not concern you.

I'm entitled to my own opinion and no I'm not being patronising. Being patronising would say, "I know best, therefore do not have sex". I'm simply saying "casual sex is not for me and I don't think it's the best course of action, but if two consenting individuals are aware of the consequences, leave them be".

4. Well, sex with another person does affect (as in involving) someone else: that "another person".

But the consent.

6. LOL Were you talking about agreeing or disagreeing with someone else harmless activities? You have that freedom but it is highly patronising to even consider the idea of agreeing with someone else's harmless activities especially when they do not involve you.

It's just an opinion. I don't actually care what others do but I wouldn't choose the lifestyle for myself, that's want I meant by disapproval.

9. First, social conventions regulating sexual activities of individuals in social animals have existed long before human existed. A convention that regulates an activity does in fact control that activity. Social conventions keep us inside a set of behaviours that are considered beneficial for that particular society. Do you think serious bodily harm would be allowed in a democratic society? No, because it is no beneficial for that society. Do you think serious bodily harm would be allowed in a society whose justice system is based on retributive justice (ie Code of Hammurabi)? Yes, because if retributive justice is accepted then body harm is the logical reaction to someone inflicting that harm upon me.

People know serious bodily harm is wrong, but expressing an opinion on others is personal and you don't have to be affected by it.

Second, by regulating casual sex and promiscuous behaviour in individuals (by the use of social stigma), the sexual activities of individuals are indeed controlled to a great extent. This control is tacit and assumed rather than explicit and a result of rational debate.

In my experience, people are more permissive to these issues and even if they are religious (e.g. cohabitation) they do not go around saying "slag" or equivalent unless the woman was behaving spitefully. If people are reassured that their behaviour is best for them they shouldn't worry about what the "neighbours will think".
Reply 90
According to people who take objection to it, a slag is a woman who has the morals of a man.
Reply 91
Original post by llessur123
To degrade is to treat or regard someone with contempt or disrespect, so yes, you can degrade another person. You're deluding yourself if you believe that the opinions of others don't matter to some extent. It doesn't necessarily have to deeply affect someone to be deemed wrong.

People can criticise each others' actions, it's not treating them "lower than dogs".
Why are you asking this question? anybody ever knows the answer, we'll most people...

Posted from TSR Mobile e
Original post by Tuerin
Stop being such a victim. It's applied to both genders and people have every right to judge someone's sexual behaviour if they want to.

Usually when it's applied to males it's a 'man slag' which goes to show it was originally intended for females. Just look at the majority of the replies, most people believe it applies to girls and women. I'm not being a 'victim' by the way. Where did I say people don't have the right to judge? I said it shouldn't be anyone's concern which is an opinion.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by flit
Sleeping with alot of guys does not make you a slag! Just means you're not afraid to have a good time. Cheating in an 'exclusive' relationship = slaaag!

No, a woman who sleeps around to have a good time is a slag. Nothing classy about it. She would only ever be a piece of meat that way and no guy would treat her right, if she had serious relationships with all the guys she slept with but they didnt work out then that's acceptable.
(edited 8 years ago)
I like sex I’ve had three men in my bed at the same time dosnt mean I’m a **** xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending