The Student Room Group

Why do poor White pupils perform badly on average?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dukeofwembley
this pretty much tells you the accuracy of iq tests

Indians have an iq 10 points lower than whites(average)

yet they perform 2nd best to chinese(who are much better-ie usain bolt vs tyson gay)

If your an indian and say you got a c to your dad you get a slap, if your white brit and you get a slap, you dad says well done at least you tried hard, or get grounded lol

Its discipline, that all it is.

or maybe its because the indians are a selected group(ie they have enough money and entreprenurial clout to move to better seas) and therefore the average intelligence is higher...maybe

This is my opinion, and just like what everyone else says above , it is opinion, i havent stated studies or other research

Its funny how everyone thinks they are expert educational psychologists when it comes to iq, but say nothing when it comes to giving medical advice

Its been proven that black kids in africa and america have lower iq, there are plenty of studies, use google scholar if you want to find them.

Even though the iq test was a product of white invention, the chinese and jews still beat the white population, therefore the test was not racist.

It's not just that it's a "white invention", as you so aptly call it, it's just that it seeks to so enthusiastically prove something that was already preconceived. One questions the enthusiasm that is the driving force to prove that "those blackies be stupid" - it's almost as if there's some underlying inferiority complex. In history, we don't see the Chinese seek to prove that they're the highest and that the black person is the lowest; we don't see the Indians seek to prove that they're the highest and that the African is the lowest; we don't see the Arab enthusiastically seek to prove that they're the highest and that the African is the lowest - and yet, in the past hundreds of years, many learned White Europeans and ruling classes have been so enthusiastic; that screams inferiority complex far and wide.
Reply 41
I'm going to generalise and admit it here, don't hit the big red button until you've finished reading...

In my experience even poor parents of BME children push them. The whole Asian stereotype and the black African traditional Mum stereotypes do exist, these kids do work! Whereas our poor white Mum stereotype is young single and uncaring, these kids can then only drive themselves, hard when you're surrounded by people not going anywhere in their lives and because GCSEs are mainly about effort they then do badly because they're not trying or even being asked to try in their home lives.
Reply 42
Original post by HumanSupremacist
What are you on about? :holmes:

OP seemed to be implying that poor FSM White pupils should be outperforming all poor FSM non-White - almost as if that were the default position.

You could only possibly infer this if you had set out to find racism.
Original post by Phantom Lord
Erm how am I?

Well why aren't you asking why the FSM Bangladeshi or Pakistani ethnicities are so low? :colonhash:
Reply 44
Generally slacking - the efforts of the ruling classes in European history has actually increased laziness and nonchalance towards the importance of education in the subsequent decades.

Go to an Asian or African society where education is actually provided - they don't dilly dally about these days. Education is important and this is well-known. On the other hand, even go to some of the more advanced education systems like in the Nordic countries - so, whilst it may be cultural, it could also be the education system too; but mostly, on the whole, it's attitudes.

But there is a reason for the attitude, and that is the education system and general culture. Being raised in a Albanian culture I was taught discipline, however it seems that people being raised here take everything for granted. There is a significant barrier between hitting a child abusively, and hitting one to teach discipline!
Original post by Bobifier
You could only possibly infer this if you had set out to find racism.

So why didn't he ask why the FSM Bangladeshi and Pakistani ones were so low?

Everybody throws the word "racism" around these days - that wasn't on my mind.
Original post by lolface32
But there is a reason for the attitude, and that is the education system and general culture. Being raised in a Albanian culture I was taught discipline, however it seems that people being raised here take everything for granted. There is a significant barrier between hitting a child abusively, and hitting one to teach discipline!

Precisely. And because Britain has done so well in the past, one could say that laziness has increased and a hard work ethic is not emphasised upon.

You go to a good Asian or African society or less developed area in South America or Europe and hard work and discipline is emphasised more and slacking is looked down upon - because such societies and places are not as advanced and know what they have. Hard work and discipline was emphasised more in Britain's past (you could even say Europe's past) than it is now - such has decreased as the decades have gone by.
Cuz dey not ay-ziun
Reply 48
Original post by Daniel George
cultural - for sure!

the people who perform best or above average are Chinese! its the outlook on education, I think we whites take it for granted sometimes :h:

This.
Well why aren't you asking why the FSM Bangladeshi or Pakistani ethnicities are so low? :colonhash:

Because they're not so low..
Reply 50
Original post by jreid1994
Don't label us as stupid, or lazy just because we live on welfare. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, it's leftist snobbery.
Original post by Iron Lady
Don't worry, it's leftist snobbery.

How is that possible? Surely the left is for mass welfare? :rolleyes:
Original post by JediArron
Cuz dey not ay-ziun

It's ridiculous - people at school always used to have this stereotypical perception that "Asians" were so hard-working and pushed hard by their parents. The flipside of that, is that they must have have also had the stereotypical perception (even if it wasn't said out loud), that the black person wasn't bright and was lazy. Such stereotypes are inter-linked - if the Chinese and Indian ethnic is hard-working, it necessarily follows that the African-ethnic is not and the Anglo-Saxon ethnic is neutral and in the background or something.
Just like all black people are criminals and stupid? :holmes:

How... On earth... Did you get that from what I said? I didn't say that! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Phantom Lord
That is why Indians do so well in the UK and USA compared to other groups. Though Indian culture does help too (such as importance of stable two parent family)

No it is not, it is opinion till facts are provided

Same as my previous comment

it could be that indians are just smarter, or it could be that indians get a better diet-ie fish and meat compared to vegitarian majority in india

(ie iodine deficiency is known to reduce iq)

add a pinch of salt to taste
I love how some suspect individuals that I've seen around this forum saying suspect things are saying "cultural" - double standards, much?

When the light-skinned individual is put very low on some graph of average in educational/mental performance - oh, it must be cultural, attitudes blah blah. Yet when the dark-skinned individual is, the inferiority complex quicks in and - oh, it's genetic, inherent blah blah.

The conclusion is, clearly ethnicity has nothing to do with it. Certainly, it's to do with culture and attitudes and this applies to all ethnicities and individual circumstances must not be dismissed.
How... On earth... Did you get that from what I said? I didn't say that! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you not one who has once been espousing similar outbursts on the forum - or am I mistaken? :holmes:
Are you not one who has once been espousing similar outbursts on the forum - or am I mistaken? :holmes:

:confused: I've never been racist on this forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
How is that possible? Surely the left is for mass welfare? :rolleyes:

Yeah sure, to make them dependent. They view them as weak instead of leaving them be.
:confused: I've never been racist on this forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My mistake - I must have mistaken you for somebody else.

Apologies. Have a +1 on the house. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending