The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds = Vomit?

I mean literally!

I had Mcdonalds for my lunch, now I wouldnt normally eat junk but I was stuck in town after doing errands and I got hungry so I just grabbed whatever was available.
Anyways I had a quarterpounder with cheese and fries. I remember thinking 'this is a little dry', but munched it anyways being starving and all.

Now i'm being so sick and got a temperature and stomach cramps galore :frown:
I'm now thinking, is this coz the food is kept at a constant temperature waiting around for customers? Is the food REALLY as bad quality as the media makes out? Is it reheated twice? Anything is possible with fast food.

So, has fast food ever made you ill? Did you complain? What are your views on fast food generally?

I'm certainly going to be thinking twice before getting a Mcdonalds again!
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazyunicorn133
I mean literally!

I had Mcdonalds for my lunch, now I wouldnt normally eat junk but I was stuck in town after doing errands and I got hungry so I just grabbed whatever was available.
Anyways I had a quarterpounder with cheese and fries. I remember thinking 'this is a little dry', but munched it anyways being starving and all.

I'm now thinking, is this coz the food is kept at a constant temperature waiting around for customers? Is the food bad quality? Is it reheated twice? Anything is possible with fast food.

So, has fast food ever made you ill? Did you complain? What are your views on fast food generally?

I've only ever had food poisoning once and it was from my first visit to burger king several years ago; never been back since.
Reply 2
I mean literally!

I'm now thinking, is this coz the food is kept at a constant temperature waiting around for customers? Is the food bad quality? Is it reheated twice? Anything is possible with fast food.

they probably churn quarter pounders out like there's no tomorrow so doubt it was hanging around for that long.
Reply 3
For a childhood birthday I once went to MacDonald's and then on to the cinema to watch the appalling film "Pokemon: The First Movie"

One of the two made me and my little friends vomit all over the place.

EDIT: To clarify, I love pokemon, but not that terrible, terrible film. "Scientists genetically create a new Pokémon, Mewtwo, but the results are horrific and disastrous" - too right :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I mean literally!

I had a KFC once, and when I came back home I felt really ill, fatigued and started vomiting. Fast food restaurants sell you sh*t. It would be wrong to even call it food. Also, this picture helped obliterate all future cravings for a KFC (apparently an animal brain in someone's KFC).
o-KFC-BRAIN-570.jpg
I mean literally!

.... Are you seriously asking this question?
Original post by hannahchan
.... Are you seriously asking this question?

yeah ok, fair point. I don't live with my head under a rock, honest.
Just you know with all of the recent ad campaigns done by mcd's you'd have thought they would be really trying to win back customers not give them food poisoning!
Original post by uttamo
I had a KFC once, and when I came back home I felt really ill, fatigued and started vomiting. Fast food restaurants sell you sh*t. It would be wrong to even call it food. Also, this picture helped obliterate all future cravings for a KFC (apparently an animal brain in someone's KFC).
o-KFC-BRAIN-570.jpg

Ewwww.. :frown:

I love this comment on that article though XD

"I find it more shocking that a brain was found in Essex."
Reply 8
Original post by hannahchan
Ewwww.. :frown:

I love this comment on that article though XD

"I find it more shocking that a brain was found in Essex."

Haha yeah good comment
Reply 9
I don't understand. I've been ill from fast food once yet I didn't just assume that I'd be ill every single time I went there.
Yes, the food may be cheap and mass produced but it almost certainly has better hygiene standards than your local restaurant. The fact that they are such a huge company means that they have to be extremely tightly regulated with hygiene procedures. If they were giving people food poisoning they would never be able to stay open.

The fact that you have a bad stomach may just be because you're not used to eating such rich/fatty/salty foods. Just try eating bland things for a while like bread and porridge.
Reply 11
I mean literally!

I'm now thinking, is this coz the food is kept at a constant temperature waiting around for customers? Is the food REALLY as bad quality as the media makes out? Is it reheated twice? Anything is possible with fast food.

Yeah went to this chicken and chips place and in the morning I had a stomach cramp and was dripping in my own sweat every 2 hours. Not fun.
Mcdonald's have an incredibly transparent supply chain and some of the strictest hygiene rules in the business. I wouldn't touch their food because it doesn't appeal to me but I wouldn't worry about it being contaminated. If you have received food poisoning from a Mcdonald's meal then it's likely an isolated case.
Reply 13
never ever had a problem with macdonalds and i love it! i only ever eat chicken nuggets though, their burgers look dodgy. however i am sure their hygeine is top quality... can you imagine the scandal if it wasn't.
Original post by uttamo
o-KFC-BRAIN-570.jpg

Sorry mate but KFC can't make you ill, must have been something else.

Fast food doesn't usually harm me but after a beast of a mixed kebab I had last night i've been ****ting like a bastard all day.
It was the horse meat
I've never gotten ill from eating McDonalds, maybe it's just unlucky because you barely have it, haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean literally!

I work at McDonald's (I know, it's a terrible job and I feel like a failure for it, but still). If you told them about it they would have given you another for free. The food is kept in freezers until it's cooked. After that they put in a rack to keep it above 60C (which is warm enough to prevent the growth of bacteria) until it's sold.

Then again, from my experience at least, some workers have a tendency to ignore certain H&S rules because the managers want you to get the food to the customer ASAP. I prefer to take my time and do it right, and they want to rush... naturally they don't like me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by uttamo
o-KFC-BRAIN-570.jpg

My cousin had a KFC which was raw and full of maggots. When she complained to the manager, he just shrugged his shoulders. My auntie had to threaten to take them to court just to get him to throw the batch of chicken out :/ Grim!
Reply 19
Original post by Clioashlee
My cousin had a KFC which was raw and full of maggots. When she complained to the manager, he just shrugged his shoulders. My auntie had to threaten to take them to court just to get him to throw the batch of chicken out :/ Grim!

Eurgh that's horrible. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest