The Student Room Group

am i over reacting? REally upset

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i will admit the last few days have really made me question the future of my relationship - dont know where to go now
Reply 21
Someone doesn't pay much attention to you now do they?
She couldn't see what colour eyes you have?
Whoaa, is this surreal, surely most people would have answered those questions. This seems like an allusion because I'm currently taking notes for the relationships chapter in Psychology.
Reply 24
Wait, she doesn't know your eye colour?

Not to sound like i am joking, but maybe she's got Dementia or something?
I'd say she is absolutely clueless and doesnt have much interest or care about you.

May sound harsh, especially as i dont know her...but if she doesnt know a SINGLE one of those questions....you have to ask yourself...WTF!
True, most people should have been able to get some of those questions right, if they weren't under pressure. However, it did seem like you started to interrogate her - did she get exam nerves?
Reply 27
That's fairly weird, I've also been with my boyfriend for 14 months and could answer those all in detail... But yeah maybe those aren't the kind of details she remembers? Maybe she knows what makes you happy/sad etc but isn't very good with straight facts? I dunno :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
that's quite sad, especially the dad question. i'd feel bad too, as though my partner didn't care to know anything about me.
16 months is a long time not to know someones eye colour, or true father. :/
I suppose on face value it does sound a bit poor, but on the other hand it does depend on how often you discuss these things with her, and how she remembers things. People remember things in different ways, and very few people remember more than a tiny fraction of what they hear.

I wouldn't necessarily assume she doesn't care or doesn't love you, some people just don't register that sort of thing very well. I couldn't tell you the eye colour of anyone I've ever known apart from my friend with heterochromia iridis.

I don't think 20 questions is always the best way to define the quality of a relationship. You probably know better than anyone here what sort of person she is - is she quite absentminded in general? I suppose if these things are important to you, then it's important she makes the effort to know them, but she might just be a genuinely unobservant person. I think it's often more important to know the person than the facts about them.
Was everything okay before this conversation? Do you have fun together , does she display care for you?
I've just failed most of the test with my other half btw. Lol
its sounds to me like i didn't read what you wrote.
Reply 32
Original post by Anonymous
Not in the slightest as im very open about most things - i certainly dont hide the make of my car or the colour of my eyes from her. And to not know my fathers name?????

calm down
genuinely don't understand how this is possible, what on earth do you talk about?
She didn't know your eye colour.... when she was looking at you?
Serious question...Is your girlfriend blind?..if so then I don't see why your complaining? I mean how can she tell you your eye colour if she has never seen them? :confused:
I remember seeing a thing where friends and married couples and such were stopped on the street, placed back to back, then asked about each others clothing and physical attributes (including eye colour). They hadn't a clue.

So that deals with the eye colour thing.

For the others, it depends how often you talk about it. If a fair amount, and she has forgotten everything, that's a bit bad.
Reply 37
Original post by SleepySheep
She didn't know your eye colour.... when she was looking at you?

for the eye question i looked away.

Original post by Anonymous
Serious question...Is your girlfriend blind?..if so then I don't see why your complaining? I mean how can she tell you your eye colour if she has never seen them? :confused:

no - shes not blind and doesnt wear glasses or need them.

Original post by lightburns
I remember seeing a thing where friends and married couples and such were stopped on the street, placed back to back, then asked about each others clothing and physical attributes (including eye colour). They hadn't a clue.

So that deals with the eye colour thing.

For the others, it depends how often you talk about it. If a fair amount, and she has forgotten everything, that's a bit bad.

We talk a fair bit - i was still dealing with the emotional fallout of my fathers death when we first met, and i talk about my friends a lot especially as they are coming over in a few weeks to see me so im making preperations for them to arrive.

I love her to bits but now im questioning whether she loves me or just loves being in a relationship - how can you love someone who you dont seem to know at all.
Have you ever spoke to this girl before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending