The Student Room Group

Cameron shuns Pope's Inaguration. Good on you David!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9938381/Il-snub-David-Cameron-shuns-new-Argentine-Popes-inauguration.html

I am very impressed that David Cameron won't be going to the Pope's inauguration, at least he has some balls to stand up to the stupidity of the Pope and the Catholic faith who think everyone should respect their beliefs.

The Catholic faith deserves no respect for all the harm it is caused in the world. I'm glad Cameron hasn't gone, it helps show that religion is nothing special. If only other world leaders did the same, maybe the Catholic church would get a reality check.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You think Cameron has turned down an invitation because he thinks that the Catholic faith is a stupid religion? He's not going because his family have a vested interest in keeping colonial ownership of the Falklands.
Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9938381/Il-snub-David-Cameron-shuns-new-Argentine-Popes-inauguration.html

I am very impressed that David Cameron won't be going to the Pope's inauguration, at least he has some balls to stand up to the stupidity of the Pope and the Catholic faith who think everyone should respect their beliefs.

The Catholic faith deserves no respect for all the harm it is caused in the world. I'm glad Cameron hasn't gone, it helps show that religion is nothing special. If only other world leaders did the same, maybe the Catholic church would get a reality check.

What do you think?

A wise move. He hasn't got the time to go watch the inauguration. Plus with the likes of Cristina Kirchner and Robert Mugabe there I definitely wouldn't want to attend if I were him.
Original post by thunder_chunky
A wise move. He hasn't got the time to go watch the inauguration. Plus with the likes of Cristina Kirchner and Robert Mugabe there I definitely wouldn't want to attend if I were him.

Mugabe went? It must be hard when you're a world leader at these things not to just want to rush up to him and give him a big hug and congratulate him on all he has done for Zimbabwe.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Mugabe went? It must be hard when you're a world leader at these things not to just want to rush up to him and give him a big hug and congratulate him on all he has done for Zimbabwe.

Someone should have put a bullet in his head years ago.

Perhaps someone will try it at the ceremony and the new Pope will leap to take the bullet for him, becoming an instant overnight sensation.
Reply 6
Well I doubt people would be rushing to kiss Jimmy Savile's rings at his funeral if they knew then what they know now.
Reply 7
Original post by Martyn*
You think Cameron has turned down an invitation because he thinks that the Catholic faith is a stupid religion? He's not going because his family have a vested interest in keeping colonial ownership of the Falklands.

Exactly
Reply 8
Probably down to the Falklands and Kirchner's request that the pope support Argentina's claims to the islands.
Original post by Martyn*

This.

His non-attendance has nothing to do with somehow shunning Catholicism. It's all about vested interest.
Reply 10
Lol somebody is negging anyone who has common sense. He's not there because of his own interests nothing to do with what you think it is.
Reply 11
I was going to write "his family (the monarchy)" because David Cameron is the Queen's cousin.
Perhaps someone will try it at the ceremony and the new Pope will leap to take the bullet for him, becoming an instant overnight sensation.

After which they hop into the Batmobile and drive to the nearest strip club.
Original post by Martyn*
I was going to write "his family (the monarchy)" because David Cameron is the Queen's cousin.

Fifth cousin once removed, yes. It's an extraordinary coincidence, that is all.

Besides, the interest in the Falklands is merely protecting the interests of its people - they want to remain British.
Surely as serving to the Queen, in a protestant state he is not going to attend anyway?

We are sending another royal, a whole load of rubbish about rubbish.
Reply 15

Amen.
After which they hop into the Batmobile and drive to the nearest strip club.

They could party all night with Mugabe, Putin, Assad, Kim Jong-un and whoever the current faceless billionaire crony-capitalist in charge of China is. That would really rock!
Original post by Martyn*

And also because you're very silly? Oh, sorry, I shouldn't be so rude.
Would have been far more ballsy of him to go to the inaguration and then heckle The Pope all the way through it.
They could party all night with Mugabe, Putin, Assad, Kim Jong-un and whoever the current faceless billionaire crony-capitalist in charge of China is. That would really rock!

If Berlusconi was there it would be all night and then all week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending