The Student Room Group

Interview at Bucks New for Adult Nursing

Hi does anyone have an interview at Bucks New next week for Adult Nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I've got an Adult Nursing interview at Bucks New Uni on the 3rd of April, it's my first Nursing interview so I'm very nervous about it.

Also, I never got a letter telling me where to go, what to expect, what to bring etc. Did you?

Original post by Haleema89
Hi does anyone have an interview at Bucks New next week for Adult Nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hii, oh gosh this is my first and only one this year.. I'm dreading it too! You will get an email about a week before giving you full details.. I'll copy and paste what I got for you and add it to another post so you can prepare in advance :smile:) I will also pop back on here after interview to give you a few tips of what it was like :smile: but put your mind at ease and don't stress too much as nerves may get the better of you if your anything like me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
A registration form is attached (please print on both side); it is your responsibility to bring this completed form with you to the interview day, along with the following information:

· 2 passport sized photos
· Original identity documents (passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate)
· Original education certificates from all qualifications that support your application
· A written reference from Oaken Holt Care Home . This must be on a letter headed paper and signed by your line Manager or supervisor. This should be given in a sealed envelope at registration
· Photocopies of all identity documents and all education certificates

Please note that failure to provide any of the documents listed above (Both original and photocopies) will result in you being sent home without taking any further part in the interview day.

The interview day will include a numeracy and literacy assessment, along with a group interview, which includes a discussion around a current health issue. In addition to this you may be required to have an individual interview with the course team.

You will probably get asked to bring a reference from your current job/teacher.. So be sure to read your email when you get it. There will also be a registration form attached to the email, make sure you complete it before you go. Have 3 passport sized photos, just incase, as one you will have to attach to your registration form.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, thank you so much! That has definitely set my mind at ease, I was getting really worried about what I had to bring so that's really helpful. I'm dreading the group interview the most, I'm not much of a public speaker, so do we have to research ourselves about a current health issue? When is your interview? Best of luck! Have you applied for any other unis? Thanks again!
Reply 5
Hey no worries! Aah I'm exactly the same with regards to public speaking - I am dreading the group discussion! I've been sent an email with regards To what the topic we will be discussing and writing about in our literacy assessment. It doesn't seem
To bad at the moment. I'm so nervous :frown:( I had applied at Brooke's but thy rejected me straight away :frown: but other than that I haven't applied anywhere else. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
My interview is this Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I had my interview for child nursing at bucks and its really not that bad. The people are really nice.
You do the tests first the literacy on your topic and the maths is ok they give you a help sheet!
Then you have a talk on the course, before a group interview which is basically just a discussion and only lasts a few minutes before your individual interview.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Thank you :smile: Just a quick question though, is the group discussion not about the topic they email you about beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
My group discussion was about the topic that they emailed me before the interview, it was the same topic that i wrote my literacy test on.
Reply 10
Aah that's great :smile: thank you for your help.. What was your topic on if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
That's ok mine was how to reduce teenage pregnancy rates
Hey no worries! Aah I'm exactly the same with regards to public speaking - I am dreading the group discussion! I've been sent an email with regards To what the topic we will be discussing and writing about in our literacy assessment. It doesn't seem
To bad at the moment. I'm so nervous :frown:( I had applied at Brooke's but thy rejected me straight away :frown: but other than that I haven't applied anywhere else. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my email today! Although, it didn't have anything about the topic on it, just what you pasted to me. I applied for UWL but they've also recently rejected me, so it means more pressure on this interview!

Kerrym13, hi, do you know if you've been accepted yet? If so, did you get to find out on the day?
Reply 13
Original post by Kerrym13
My group discussion was about the topic that they emailed me before the interview, it was the same topic that i wrote my literacy test on.

Did u do the 1:1 interview. We were group of 7 that went for the group interview and just 2 were called for 1:1. Am a bit worried.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
Original post by ashytos
Did u do the 1:1 interview. We were group of 7 that went for the group interview and just 2 were called for 1:1. Am a bit worried.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Heyy, umm I've not had my interview yet - it's on Wednesday, but I will be sure to fill you in afterwards!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Sorry I completely misread that message - ignore me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hi
I got an offer from bucks. Had an email the next day to say I had the place which was very quick although they wanted me to start in February so that's maybe I heard quicker
Reply 17
Aah congrats :biggrin: btw how long were you roughly there for the interview? As they have said to expect to be there for 5 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hi guys! So I had my interview today and was sent an unconditional offer through ucas less than 5hrs later :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hi guys! So I had my interview today and was sent an unconditional offer through ucas less than 5hrs later :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the interview like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending