The Student Room Group

Had the dread "i think we can only be friends" talk, can it still turn into something

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My point is, is that nobody should be made to feel that they are creepy or desperate or need to 'get a grip' just because they are experiencing unrequited love

I do agree, but it is also possible to act creepy and desperate due to the unrequited love. If someone is acting this way, they should be told not to if they seem not to be aware of this. They are only harming others' perceptions of them and probably their relationships with the object of their affections.

I'm not saying OP has crossed that line, but there comes a point when you have to stop telling the girl you like her, quite possibly distance yourself from her, and try and get over it. Now is that time.
Reply 81
Enemies?
Reply 82
sometimes harsh is what people need and by "if only it was that easy" i mean i don't know hardly any single women and the ones i do know are either not my type, or have also rejected me so ....

Please tell me you are not still ' friends ' with this guy.
Reply 83
I was going to say yes....until you mentioned the boyfriend. Just leave it.
Reply 84
Original post by Mamiya
I was going to say yes....until you mentioned the boyfriend. Just leave it.

i'm gradually starting to let go, still have bouts of bad sadness, but if i jus act like a friend and be there for her, supposed it could happen, just wish i new some more people so i could take my mind of her :smile:
Reply 85
How dare you hit on a girl who had a boyfriend. If i was that girl, i would not even say 'we can still be friends' with someone who KNOWINGLY wants to get me to cheat on my boyfriend. I would cut of all contact and fly well away.

Have some dignity. OP, forget about this. Think about if it was you in the bf's position? You would not like it, so why inflict this upon others?

There is no chance. Life is about not giving up, BUT that is only in accordance of chasing a GOOD cause.

This cause is pure evil.
Reply 86
Original post by MENDACIUM
How dare you hit on a girl who had a boyfriend. If i was that girl, i would not even say 'we can still be friends' with someone who KNOWINGLY wants to get me to cheat on my boyfriend. I would cut of all contact and fly well away.

Have some dignity. OP, forget about this. Think about if it was you in the bf's position? You would not like it, so why inflict this upon others?

There is no chance. Life is about not giving up, BUT that is only in accordance of chasing a GOOD cause.

This cause is pure evil.

I wasn't hitting on her just when she started having a bf, this why i said it was complicated, we knew each other back at the begining of september and we got rather flirty and i hit on her a lot, but me being my stupid self i didn't see the signs that she was into me and she still flirted with me (apprently) when she was dating (ofc it wasn't the full thign we did before she started dating)

This is all paraphrased to bring you fullu upto speed, would most likley take a little while, as things weren't excatully regular between us
There's nothing more annoying than getting pestered like that when you have a boyfriend. If she's happy leave her be. She could have had you but she chose someone else - no one deserves to be second best. Move on.
Reply 88
I wasn't hitting on her just when she started having a bf, this why i said it was complicated, we knew each other back at the begining of september and we got rather flirty and i hit on her a lot, but me being my stupid self i didn't see the signs that she was into me and she still flirted with me (apprently) when she was dating (ofc it wasn't the full thign we did before she started dating)

This is all paraphrased to bring you fullu upto speed, would most likley take a little while, as things weren't excatully regular between us

Ahh i get you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending