The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accommodation Offers: Meet Those In Your Halls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by _Kath
Sent off my accommodation application last night and got an offer today!
I'm in Ancaster - en suite :smile:

Me too! :smile: I've just accepted it
what are you going to study?
:smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 101
I've just accepted mine- En Suite at Ancaster :smile:
very excited!
Reply 102
Original post by MattTurner4L
Applied for accommodation two days ago, just got my offer in, large single study in Florence Boot - holla if you're in the same boat as me!

My girlfriend got put into Nightingale last week too and it means she's only down the road, super exciting times!!

Original post by Nuh_a
Hi there! I got an offer for a large single study in Florence Boot too! I can't wait for September, just need to get the grades now:biggrin:.
Oh, and what subject will you be studying?

So I will be joining u guys, I got an offer for a large single study. Have u guys seen Florence Boot yet?
Reply 103
Looking at accommodation now, my lectures will be based on Jubilee campus, but I wanna go self catered as close to university park as possible... Any body else in this situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by cjexx
Looking at accommodation now, my lectures will be based on Jubilee campus, but I wanna go self catered as close to university park as possible... Any body else in this situation?

For self-catered, there's Broadgate Park but that's right at the other end of uni park to Jubilee. There's also Raleigh Park and Opal1 (independant) right near Jubilee, as well as St. Peters Court. In terms of getting from Jubilee to uni park, the hopper bus is free and goes right round all the campuses so it's easy enough to get around, or if you want to walk it's like 15-20 minutes :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by alex193
For self-catered, there's Broadgate Park but that's right at the other end of uni park to Jubilee. There's also Raleigh Park and Opal1 (independant) right near Jubilee, as well as St. Peters Court. In terms of getting from Jubilee to uni park, the hopper bus is free and goes right round all the campuses so it's easy enough to get around, or if you want to walk it's like 15-20 minutes :smile:

Ooh thanks, so would it be convenient enough if I was to stay at Broadgate Park do you think? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Original post by cjexx
Ooh thanks, so would it be convenient enough if I was to stay at Broadgate Park do you think? :smile:

From Broadgate it's like a 3-10 minute walk onto campus depending on which block you're in, and the hopper bus stops right by the west entrance (the one nearest BGP) and it takes about 15-20 minutes to get to Jubilee. From the west entrance to Portland and all the stuff in the middle of campus is less than 10 minutes :smile:
In terms of convenience, I'd personally go for Raleigh Park if all your lectures are on Jubilee, as that's where you'll be spending most of your time... Really though, they're all pretty close to each other as long as you don't mind walking / getting the bus / cycling :tongue:
Ancaster Ensuite
Reply 108
Hi just got accepted to uni of notts was wondering what the gay scene is like there :colondollar: :wink::wink: also is there bike storage as I won't be able to park at my halls
Apparently uni of notts has the best lgbt society in england so.im sure they have scouted out all the best places for a night out.

Yes there are loads of places to lock up your bike!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Original post by _Kath
Geography, what about you? :smile:

Music :smile: what's your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
Original post by gherrick
Hi just got accepted to uni of notts was wondering what the gay scene is like there :colondollar: :wink::wink: also is there bike storage as I won't be able to park at my halls

NG1 is probably the most famous 'gay club', with all-nighters on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday :smile: Our SU also has a very active and supportive LGBT network, and the new officer we've just elected is lovely!
There's secure bike storage at all the halls, covered bike racks dotted around campus and loads of stanchions and stuff where you can lock it up :smile: Bring a big, solid D-lock, the little cable ones aren't really secure enough...
Ancaster hall myself, if anyone has any pics on the interior it would be great.
Reply 113
Got a standard large offer at Broadgate Park! Anyone has any opinions on it? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Original post by Tweek
Think they state up to two weeks to reply but I applied last Thursday and got mine yesterday. So I'd expect confirmation by this time next week for you :smile:

Good Idea for a thread by the way!

Just been accepted! Broadgate Park (standard) :h:
Reply 115
Original post by rodders1000
Hey, I've been offered nightingale but I've heard Cripps is the place to be and also a friend is going there too, do they let us change halls? Or do we have to stick with what we're given? Thanks!

Nightingale is one of the best, its smallish and everyone knows each other and gets on. Your lucky to get nightingale its an old hotel so its really nice!
Very Jealous!
Reply 116
Did you get your offer via email?
I applied a week ago and haven't heard anything. :/
Hoping for Cripps!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by reedA93
Did you get your offer via email?
I applied a week ago and haven't heard anything. :/
Hoping for Cripps!

Yeah, they say they'll reply within two weeks. It took me a week and 6 days to get mine.
Reply 118
Are there any Facebook groups for accom or firmers???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cjexx
Are there any Facebook groups for accom or firmers???

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/492882774105402/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending