The Student Room Group

do you think female White Brits are cool?

I've been studying in the UK for a couple of months now and I am yet to have a British friend. I just wanna know your opinions on this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh they are just the best!
Reply 2
I couldn't possibly make a general assertion like that.
ummmm ...what's the relevance between being cool and your ethnicity?
Reply 4
At least they tend to have a cool accent. Other than that it would be too general to comment on.
One of the most stupid questions I've ever seen on TSR
Reply 6
Original post by MannyJayking
I've been studying in the UK for a couple of months now and I am yet to have a British friend. I just wanna know your opinions on this?

Doesnt depend on if they're white, it depends on the person. There are some lovely girls and some horrible chavvy ones
do you think female White Brits are cool?

My girlfriend says the answer is yes, and she says that is also my answer :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by CodeJack
Doesnt depend on if they're white, it depends on the person. There are some lovely girls and some horrible chavvy ones

yeah I know that but, many people don't see it the same way.
As a foreigner you'll find it much more difficult to befriend English people than most other western countries around the world (source: experience).
everyone is different, some cool and some not so cool...most of them are not okay with foreigners though, just my opinion
where are you from originally?
Reply 12

Reply 13
Original post by Dragonfly07
As a foreigner you'll find it much more difficult to befriend English people than most other western countries around the world (source: experience).

Actually, I never had a problem with making friends with Brits...
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
One of the most stupid questions I've ever seen on TSR

It's sad that OP might actually not be a troll :frown:
Original post by Emre944
At least they tend to have a cool accent. Other than that it would be too general to comment on.

Because every "Brit" has the same accent? :curious:
Original post by dgeorge
Actually, I never had a problem with making friends with Brits...

Where are you from and how long have you been in England?
Reply 17
Original post by Dragonfly07
Where are you from and how long have you been in England?

a. The Caribbean
b. I was in Britain for a year (North Wales to be exact) Made plenty of English and Welsh friends though, in addition to international peeps.
Original post by Mr. Tizzy XII
Because every "Brit" has the same accent? :curious:

(S)he could be implying that all British accents are cool.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dgeorge
a. The Caribbean
b. I was in Britain for a year (North Wales to be exact) Made plenty of English and Welsh friends though, in addition to international peeps.

Omg I absolutely love the Caribbean and absolutely want to go there but I have no one to go with and my boyfriend thinks it's too dangerous (I don't think it is) :frown:

But yeah I think it might depend where you are. My boyfriend is Welsh and I have a few British friends, but most of my friends are minorities. I find that many British people tend to assume that if you have a foreign accent then you're automatically stupid, or it could be my own misunderstanding of the culture? :dontknow: I do find that it tends to get worse the further south you go in England though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending