a - 80
b - 70
c - 60
d - 50
e - 40
I got 88,
Okay with that ..
I can bring my whole grade up with B3 hopefully
I got 88 too, I scored poorly in b1 last year so will resit for an A* and hopefully B3 and my full mark ISA will pull it all up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
I got 79 - 1 mark off an A! Ergh so annoyed, gonna blame it on the 6 mark question that i had no clue about. So now I have to decide weather to retake or not, and weather it'll affect my B3 grade. Also, my teacher told me that the retake and B3 are on the same day! Having a bit of a dilemma here, what do you think?
Original post by issie1234
I got 79 - 1 mark off an A! Ergh so annoyed, gonna blame it on the 6 mark question that i had no clue about. So now I have to decide weather to retake or not, and weather it'll affect my B3 grade. Also, my teacher told me that the retake and B3 are on the same day! Having a bit of a dilemma here, what do you think?

Tbh as long as you revise fully for B3 and can do well in that, there's no point in retaking. Unless you can cope with the pressure of two science exams straight after each other, I wouldn't retake. & you've got to remember its not the grade you got that counts, its the UMS. Also, I'm not sure if the better grade counts- if it does then just risk it, if not, stay at 79, its a great result!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Does anyone know if you retake does the better mark count?
Original post by ThatGirlx
Does anyone know if you retake does the better mark count?

Yes it does :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Original post by grammar12

I don't think so you know. My head of science gave our year a lecture yesterday on how if they cash-in your results your new mark counts and like loads of people in our year retook and now have to keep worse marks.
Original post by Farhan96
I don't think so you know. My head of science gave our year a lecture yesterday on how if they cash-in your results your new mark counts and like loads of people in our year retook and now have to keep worse marks.

With all due respect, I retook a chemistry exam in january and although I did better, others did not. Our chemistry teacher has reassured us all that the BETTER mark counts, not the lesser. If you need further evidence this thread:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2067224 Specifically paragraph 2, line 2-3 offers proof and assistance with resist/remarks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 590
With all due respect, I retook a chemistry exam in january and although I did better, others did not. Our chemistry teacher has reassured us all that the BETTER mark counts, not the lesser. If you need further evidence this thread:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2067224 Specifically paragraph 2, line 2-3 offers proof and assistance with resist/remarks.

That's what I thought so I don't know why everyone in my school has kept their new mark LOOL.
One girl didnt turn up for her resit and so she went from a C to a U :confused:
Original post by Farhan96
That's what I thought so I don't know why everyone in my school has kept their new mark LOOL.
One girl didnt turn up for her resit and so she went from a C to a U :confused:

From my schools database, we have all scores on a spreadsheet for each student. We can see all our results and what we need for A* A B overall (incl coursework). I don't know how your school shows your results but I wonder if they only display the current ones. I would ask your teacher, but I would definitely make sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
With a resit your best mark always stays. Say I got 79ums , rest the paper and got 78 ums the 79 would count as its the highest one :-)
Reply 593
From my schools database, we have all scores on a spreadsheet for each student. We can see all our results and what we need for A* A B overall (incl coursework). I don't know how your school shows your results but I wonder if they only display the current ones. I would ask your teacher, but I would definitely make sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what happend at my school - http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-40-RULE.PDF
Here is the official mark scheme with question paper:

Question Paper

Mark Scheme
Original post by shibucool
Here is the official mark scheme with question paper:

Question Paper

Mark Scheme

If you find P2, C2 or B1 could you private message them to me,
thanks.. :smile:
Original post by ThatGirlx
If you find P2, C2 or B1 could you private message them to me,
thanks.. :smile:

And me :-P
Has anyone done the second paper (section) to the Chemistry ISA - energy from fuels ?
Reply 598
Hi,

I've got a query, whats the significant difference between the old spec and this new spec?. I've been doing past papers and they seem to have questions about topics that i'm not meant to know. Do any of you guys know where i can access the old spec so i can see the difference between both specs.

thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest