The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Mental Health Nursing 2013 - who is with me?!!?

Getting more and more excited now! Roll on September! Anyone out there studying with me? Ill be based at Glenside :-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mazza1985
Getting more and more excited now! Roll on September! Anyone out there studying with me? Ill be based at Glenside :-)

I got offered a place! But I'm hoping I get offered a place with Glamorgan Uni... But if I get rejected then I'm coming to UWE! I put down for Glenside campus as well :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Got offered a place last week! Havn't 100% decided yet tho as still waiting for cardiff but if i honest really want to go to uwe.
Reply 3
Ooh are you 2 local? I live across the road from glenside LOL

Let me know if you accept, would be great to see some friendly faces there x
Reply 4
Nah I'm from Aberdare in South Wales. I will deffo let you know if I accept. Would be nice to make a friend before I go! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hey all just accepted my offer today, can't wait for September now yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Congratulations to you all. Would someone please be kind to share some questions you were asked at the interview.my interview is in the next few days
Reply 7
Hi marry, there was a group discussion based on a case study, which wasn't too bad, just make sure you all contribute to show that you can work well with others. Then there was a maths and English test, I found the maths hard but I heard others have did too. Then the interview itself was with the people who were marking you for the group. The questions I remember were, why you chose mental health, what qualities do you think you could bring, name a situation where you have worked within a team and another one was what was the last thing you read? Which I found strange. I found they were really friendly and the interview was quite relaxed. Hope this helps a bit and good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hello, any mental health nursing for sept 2013, please can you share what your questions were?
...the group interview
....the English test questions

regards
jane
Reply 9
Has anyone accepted UWE for mental health nursing? Guess it would make it a little less daunting if i knew a few people before starting? xx
Reply 10
Original post by kassie-x
Has anyone accepted UWE for mental health nursing? Guess it would make it a little less daunting if i knew a few people before starting? xx

Hi Kassie!
Reply 11
Hi Mazza, is that your preferred name? Have you got a conditional or unconditional place? I'm so excited, I can't believe its come around so quickly!! xx
Reply 12
Hi, marie is my real name :-) ny offer is unconditional, and ive accepted! Woo hoo! I also live across the road from glenside :-) what about you? X
Reply 13
I live in Torquay but will be moving to a houseshare in fishponds.. Only 3 grades away now :-) x
Reply 14
Hi guys I've got an interview on Thursday for MH nursing, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey just got this app and I'm not sure what to do haha! Is anyone doing mental health nursing in UWE this September 2013?:smile: I've been offered a place and would like to get to know some of the people who could be on my course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Im doing mental health nursing!! Literally cant wait, not long now! Have you decided on UWE yet? X x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorginaBonner
Got offered a place last week! Havn't 100% decided yet tho as still waiting for cardiff but if i honest really want to go to uwe.

Go to cardiff as a third year mental health student I wish I had gone to cardiff, Placements are brilliant at uwe but the standard of teaching is appaling at uwe.
Im actually concerned that Im nearly qualified though UWE yet the standard of education there is appalling. Placements are awesome but youll get that anywhere. Uwe have modules that you have to pass a mcq exam at 70 odd percent on things like wound care BEFORE they will teach you anything and then the standard is awful. They also have two modules called Interprofessional modules that students have complained about since 2008 where they don't teach anything and expect you to produce an essay through debating with other students. there is little thought put into work load for example being on placement with three essays due shortly after then no academic work for six months when you dont have placement.. seriously look at other unis before considering this pile of poop of a uni
ahh same!! I'm going to have a visit there because I've missed all the open days because I'm so busy with work and college! what campus are you staying in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending