The Student Room Group

revision question

How many pastpapers for each module do you people recommend? I am stuck between doing another boards pastpapers such as AQA or Edexcel as I have finished all the past papers from my board .. or do I do the questions in my book?

what would you recommend?
Reply 1
For maths i did some AQA papers aswell as my MEI board ones, just because some subjects were similar and its good to see how other boards word questions just in case it pops up like that on your exam i guess
Reply 2
Original post by madfish

what would you recommend?

Time Travel

If you have completed all of your Past Papers this early AND you do not feel that you have a complete understanding then you have not used the Past Papers effectively
Reply 3
Original post by TenOfThem
Time Travel

If you have completed all of your Past Papers this early AND you do not feel that you have a complete understanding then you have not used the Past Papers effectively

I find past papers have increased my understanding, especially in trigonometry!

However, I did all of the logarithm questions in my textbook and I actually find log questions the easiest, perhaps this is why?

EDIT: Why time travel? :P
Reply 4
Original post by madfish
I find past papers have increased my understanding, especially in trigonometry!

However, I did all of the logarithm questions in my textbook and I actually find log questions the easiest, perhaps this is why?

EDIT: Why time travel? :P

So you could go back in time and slow down with the papers

:smile:

I think it would have been better to use the text to ensure that you understood before starting the Past Papers
Reply 5
So you could go back in time and slow down with the papers

:smile:

I think it would have been better to use the text to ensure that you understood before starting the Past Papers

So I have wasted my time?:frown:

I think I may spend the first week of easter doing all the questions in the textbook then have the next month to do Pastpapers..better plan?:P
Reply 6
Original post by madfish
So I have wasted my time?:frown:

I think I may spend the first week of easter doing all the questions in the textbook then have the next month to do Pastpapers..better plan?:P

Nothing is wasted

I think the new plan is good

If you do other boards just be careful that you do not panic over unusual questions
Reply 7
Soloman papers are also useful, just do as many as you can. The more questions you do, the better off you'll be. But remember to return o your exam board a day or so before exams so as to get used to the format and question styles again.
Reply 8
Nothing is wasted

I think the new plan is good

If you do other boards just be careful that you do not panic over unusual questions

Okay thanks TenOfThem, great having someone really experienced like you to talk about this to as I am self teaching, really appreciate it! thanks :smile:

And yea, I did all of the C1 edexcel papers way back in january (dont ask why) haha,,, they are completely different to NICCEA!

Also, would you happen to know if I need to know about i,j vector notation for CCEA maths? It only says "Force as a localised vector." on the spec (http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/qualifications/results.aspx?g=0&t=0&s=62&v=0&q=28&d=d) and NOTHING else... it doesn't come up on past papers.. but I can't afford to risk it :/

thanks Tenofthem :smile: :colondollar:
Reply 9
Original post by madfish
Okay thanks TenOfThem, great having someone really experienced like you to talk about this to as I am self teaching, really appreciate it! thanks :smile:

And yea, I did all of the C1 edexcel papers way back in january (dont ask why) haha,,, they are completely different to NICCEA!

Also, would you happen to know if I need to know about i,j vector notation for CCEA maths? It only says "Force as a localised vector." on the spec (http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/qualifications/results.aspx?g=0&t=0&s=62&v=0&q=28&d=d) and NOTHING else... it doesn't come up on past papers.. but I can't afford to risk it :/

thanks Tenofthem :smile: :colondollar:

I do not know the board but, from your description, I would guess that you just need to understand that force has direction and magnitude
Reply 10
I do not know the board but, from your description, I would guess that you just need to understand that force has direction and magnitude

brilliant, thanks :smile:

do you know who I could ask to clarify this?
Original post by madfish
brilliant, thanks :smile:

do you know who I could ask to clarify this?

A teacher at your school?

Quick Reply

Latest