The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CanineVet
Hahahah aw that's cute I want rats now can I just steal yours? :smile: haha my mum would freak if I got them she absolutely hates cats too and I have spent a length fifteen years persuading my parents to get me a dog - to no prevail. My rabbit is my small victory I have earned :smile: lol

Steal my ratties and incur my wrath :evil:

I've always wanted a dog, but I've never been allowed. :frown: Although to be fair I think I have enough pets to be getting on with! :lol:
http://vetstudent1992.blogspot.co.uk/
My blog I just started... not sure how long it'll be kept up for but if I get followers :wink:
Original post by skatealexia
http://vetstudent1992.blogspot.co.uk/
My blog I just started... not sure how long it'll be kept up for but if I get followers :wink:

I'll read it! :biggrin:

The increase of pets being stolen is horrible. It must be heartbreaking for the new owners too, if 'their' pet is found out to be one that has been stolen. :frown:

I've been considering starting a blog about wex, but I don't really know what I'd say :colondollar: Some places I've been to have privacy policies and such which mean that I'm not allowed to post about what I see anyway.
Reply 83
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Steal my ratties and incur my wrath :evil:

I've always wanted a dog, but I've never been allowed. :frown: Although to be fair I think I have enough pets to be getting on with! :lol:

Aww just saw the pic they are very cute!! I'm travelling down to London as we speak! Haha :P I know I'd love a dog - I look after my grans boxer pup a lot she's a wee cutie too! Aww to have a dog...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I'll read it! :biggrin:

The increase of pets being stolen is horrible. It must be heartbreaking for the new owners too, if 'their' pet is found out to be one that has been stolen. :frown:

I've been considering starting a blog about wex, but I don't really know what I'd say :colondollar: Some places I've been to have privacy policies and such which mean that I'm not allowed to post about what I see anyway.

I just updated it to make it more interesting with some links and stuff. Oh I know :frown:. You could post but just not identify the place?? I'm mainly going to post about topical issues/ interesting topics.
Reply 85
Ill read it too! It must be such a horrible situation to be having a lost pet :frown:. The vets I used to work at do that cause I remember a similar situation arose around that but it was a very young dog. I love these blogs as it gives you so much info you never knew an gives you brilliant ideas (like work exp ones) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww just saw the pic they are very cute!! I'm travelling down to London as we speak! Haha :P I know I'd love a dog - I look after my grans boxer pup a lot she's a wee cutie too! Aww to have a dog...

Stay back! I have killer bunnies guarding the door! :evil: :lol:

Boxers are adorable :love: Well to be honest I'd challenge anyone to find a puppy that isn't adorable, but even so. :tongue: I'd love to have a border collie, but obviously that wouldn't be possible in London. They need a tonne of exercise and he/she'd be bored out of their mind trapped in a tiny house all day. :frown:
I just updated it to make it more interesting with some links and stuff. Oh I know :frown:. You could post but just not identify the place?? I'm mainly going to post about topical issues/ interesting topics.

I'm aiming to have it up and running by summer :yep: The main idea was so that I'd have something to look over in a couple of years time but if other people read it and enjoyed it that would be a bonus :redface:

Ill read it too! It must be such a horrible situation to be having a lost pet :frown:. The vets I used to work at do that cause I remember a similar situation arose around that but it was a very young dog. I love these blogs as it gives you so much info you never knew an gives you brilliant ideas (like work exp ones) :biggrin:

I have LOADS of vetty blogs bookmarked :biggrin:. I'll post a list up tomorrow, make sure you remind me! :smile:
Thats cool :biggrin:. I should have started in first year really. I have many things I have opinions on or find interesting :biggrin:. This threads taken off!
Thats cool :biggrin:. I should have started in first year really. I have many things I have opinions on or find interesting :biggrin:. This threads taken off!

It sure has! :biggrin: I want us to get to 100 before I hit the hay :redface:
Reply 90
Hahahaha I know!! Fire rapid comments aha aw that would be great!! :smile: ill bring ma bunny and distract yours to get in :L haha are you enjoying uni skatealexia? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahaha I know!! Fire rapid comments aha aw that would be great!! :smile: ill bring ma bunny and distract yours to get in :L haha are you enjoying uni skatealexia? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

University is amazing, hard & stressful all at once. Nothing else I'd be doing though :smile:.

Unfortunately your rabbit is outnumbered, it's two against one! :wink:
Hello from the world of medicine (human medicine :tongue:)

And how early is this thread :lolwut:
Here's most of the blogs I have bookmarked:

Charlotte-Harris.net
A Vet Student's Perspective
What Comes Next
Can't Spell DVM
Diary of a Dick Vet
Life in Vet School
Old(er) in Vet School
The Homeless Parrot
Wet Cleanup on Aisle 5
Catherine Graham
and now
Musings of a Vet Student

I might have some more, my bookmarks are a mess! Some of these also might be a little outdated, I don't check them as much as I should. :colondollar:

Skatealexia, if you wanted to put this list on the Vet Resources Thread you'd be more than welcome to take it. :h: I don't know how much use they actually are but every little helps! :biggrin:
Original post by frogs r everywhere

These threads have got progressively earlier each year. :tongue: Although this is a tad extreme I will admit! :lol:
Original post by frogs r everywhere

Welcome to the most amazing place on the planet :cool:. Real doctors treat more than one species :wink:.

That's helpful, thanks. :biggrin: Off it goes to the bookmark jungle :tongue:
*Steals post #100* :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending