The Student Room Group

Feelings about uni? :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I just want to be there now really. I hate my home town and really need a fresh start - make new friends, wipe away all the random worries I have here and replace them with new ones, get away from my family for a little bit, learn something truly engaging, have the time to go out as often as I'd like... I could go on. Things are just so exciting!

I'm not too worried about results as I have worked hard this year, I just need to get my English coursework in full swing and then find out how I should actually revise.

It's just so close!
Reply 61
I am a bit worried about how independent we have to be, but mostly, I'm excited. I can't wait to leave school, my hometown is completely boring and I'm sick of worrying and not having any freedom -_-
Starting fresh somewhere else, focusing on something I really want to do and meeting new people sounds SO appealing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fward
Never heard of Lafrowda - I think her place was called NorthernHay House and it was run by Unite (i think).

Surrey seemed really nice on the open day, never got to see much of Guildford though as we ran out of time, and it's not exactly a quick trip there from Devon :P

I bet you're glad to be getting out of London??

I have heard a bit about northernhay house, I'll probably be going in to the more modern accomodation that they've recently opened.

Yes I am very much so, just really want a fresh start. Well away from everybody in my past. I love Devon anyway. Not really been to south Devon very much apart from Plymouth but I've been to lots of places in the North. I guess it's sometimes good not to be close to home.
Reply 63
I just accepted my unconditional offer and already applied for accomodation and everything, but I'm not sure if I've really realized yet that I'm actually moving to another country soon! :redface: I've thought about applying to study in Scotland since I left school almost 3 years ago and this year I finally plucked up my courage and sent off that application. Somehow I have this feeling that something will happen and I'll end up not going after all!

One minute I'm really excited and can't wait to go and the next I start worrying about moving away from my boyfriend and friends and everything I know, about fitting in, making friends, about getting too homesick etc... I'm sure it'll all be fine once I get there though (or so I tell myself). :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by LaetitiaAaronK
Is it weird that I countdown till uni? Really just excited for a new experience, to live away from home, make new friends. Do you know what uni ur going 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not weird at all! I'm excited too :biggrin: Stuck deciding between York and Bath Spa, I have my heart set on Bath Spa but obviously York is more prestigious, so no idea right now! You? :smile:
Reply 65
Reaaaaaaally excited now. Got a bit nervous earlier about not being good enough etc. and I'm guessing that will happen a lot up until October but I really can't wait now :tongue:
Reply 66
Original post by Charlotte.e.r
Not weird at all! I'm excited too :biggrin: Stuck deciding between York and Bath Spa, I have my heart set on Bath Spa but obviously York is more prestigious, so no idea right now! You? :smile:

If you have your heart set on Bath Spa, go to Bath Spa. There is no point going to a different uni if you aren't going to be happy there.
Original post by Fward
If you have your heart set on Bath Spa, go to Bath Spa. There is no point going to a different uni if you aren't going to be happy there.

You're right, just having my teachers and head of year telling me I'm making a huge mistake picking bath spa is kind of off-putting. I've had the offer for 5 months so it's not like I'm making a hasty decision - visiting in 3 weeks so I will finally decide then :biggrin: Thank you for your advice!
Reply 68
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
I have heard a bit about northernhay house, I'll probably be going in to the more modern accomodation that they've recently opened.

Yes I am very much so, just really want a fresh start. Well away from everybody in my past. I love Devon anyway. Not really been to south Devon very much apart from Plymouth but I've been to lots of places in the North. I guess it's sometimes good not to be close to home.

Is that the accommodation on the main road?? They always look really nice when we drive past them.
Most of my mates are already spread around the country at uni, so I might actually be closer to some of them once I'm at uni :tongue:
To be honest I don't know south Devon much either , well except Plymouth which I've been to a fair few times. I reckon it will be good for me to be in halls having to look after myself more, but its going to be a shock to the system at first :s
Reply 69
Excited but after going on student finance actually so worried about how broke I'm going to be!! :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Mildly excited. I'll probably look forward to it more near the time, I'm moving 500 miles away and it still doesn't feel far enough haha.
Reply 71
Original post by mcdermie
Excited but after going on student finance actually so worried about how broke I'm going to be!! :frown:

Oh the joys of student finance :/ I'm not looking forward to living on bare minimum either - to make it even worse the uni I have firmed has just put the accommodation costs up - just what I needed :s
Reply 72
Original post by llessur123
Mildly excited. I'll probably look forward to it more near the time, I'm moving 500 miles away and it still doesn't feel far enough haha.

Where you from and going to??
Original post by Fward
Where you from and going to??

Ireland to London! 400 as the crow flies though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Charlotte.e.r
After this month it's only around 5 months until a lot of us are off to uni :biggrin: Just wondering how everyone's feeling about it, scared to move away? Excited? Staying at home? Personally I have mixed feelings, moving around 300 miles away is daunting but I can't wait :colondollar:

i am excited, but also scared that i will have made the wrong uni choice and will regret where I go... it also means the end of my gap year and i will be leaving where i am currently living which will be very sad :frown:
Reply 75
Original post by llessur123
Ireland to London! 400 as the crow flies though.

Wow that is quite a distance - and I thought my 185 miles from Devon to Surrey was bad enough :tongue:
Reply 76
Very excited and cannot wait. I have practically got in as I'm 10 UCAS points off my offer from Portsmouth which I can make up easily given I'm so close the next grades in Biology and Chemistry. I'll either end up at Portsmouth, Keele or Leicester this depends on what I decide next week or so - visiting Keele this Saturday! I really do like Portsmouth. For Leicester I'm going to an Open Day in June to check it out in case I somehow get the grades and go into Adjustment. I didn't apply to Leicester because I thought I couldn't get the grades, now I think I have a chance. I really like the sound of the course there and I love Portsmouth's palaeontology section. I'm going to study Geology by the way. I'm also planning to do some studying abroad whilst at uni.
Reply 77
Original post by Fward
Oh the joys of student finance :/ I'm not looking forward to living on bare minimum either - to make it even worse the uni I have firmed has just put the accommodation costs up - just what I needed :s

Oh that's so annoying!! Why would they do that when they know how expensive everything already is :frown: what uni is it??

Haven't really even though about Uni yet.
I'm moving to Cardiff from Manchester, sooooo excited but also a little bit scared! Roll on September :smile:

Quick Reply