The Student Room Group

I have no idea what to do after school.

Like literally pressure from my step-dad is really annoying me constantly saying on this day tell me this many jobs and all that. But i have no idea what i want to do after school finishes. I want to do something in history or accounting. But i could hear him say after i left i dont think he can do that. So again i am stuck.

Anyone have any ideas, im 16 and in six form
I don't even know what to do for a levels - and have no more idea now than I did in year 7. Got 12 months to make my mind up (no pressure...)
Reply 2
Original post by Gorganite
Like literally pressure from my step-dad is really annoying me constantly saying on this day tell me this many jobs and all that. But i have no idea what i want to do after school finishes. I want to do something in history or accounting. But i could hear him say after i left i dont think he can do that. So again i am stuck.

Anyone have any ideas, im 16 and in six form

What?
Reply 3
Don't listen to what he thinks you have to do what you think is best for you. :smile: Do some research on history and accounting and look at uni's to see what the courses are like to give you an idea. If you don't want to go to uni look for other colleges that do the subjects or apprenticeships. Also, try to get some work experience in these fields.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by sharonxo
Don't listen to what he thinks you have to do what you think is best for you. :smile: Do some research on history and accounting and look at uni's to see what the courses are like to give you an idea. If you don't want to go to uni look for other colleges that do the subjects or apprenticeships. Also, try to get some work experience in these fields.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, it's very difficult to do something you're not interested in. I'm in year 13 and so many people have changed their minds over the past year about what they're doing, so don't worry too much about not having a decision. Even if you apply to Uni you don't have to go.
Reply 5
Original post by Mozz
I agree, it's very difficult to do something you're not interested in. I'm in year 13 and so many people have changed their minds over the past year about what they're doing, so don't worry too much about not having a decision. Even if you apply to Uni you don't have to go.

Totally and yeah me too, I'm still kind of confused although I have an idea but right now I'm sort of heading towards a gap year..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending