The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

blasted by fingers. :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by fudgemuffins
blasted by fingers. :smile:

Some say there's a legend... that at any given time, a teenager is being finger blasted for a pack of biscuits somewhere in England.
Reply 22
I was 15 when I first finger blasted the **** out of a popular girl and I've turned into a fine young chap. I'm sure these people will turn out to be the same way.

Also, I think you (OP btw) just have a very immature way of thinking. But it's understandable with you being in Year 11 still. Once you're at college, popularity goes out the window and there isn't really any divide between people. Hell, I'm good friends at college with people in my class who if I was at school I'd consider right geeks!

There's me going out and pulling every weekend whilst they collect Gamerscore points or whatever on Xbox. It doesn't stop me getting on with them though. You'll find you'll probably be friends with a variety of people at college so I'd suggest you cut back on this generalisation attitude you have.
Reply 23
Basically just seen the answer to this question on Twitter.

'It's far easier to get famous for saying something stupid than it is for doing something smart'

Credit to Tim Vinier

Popularity is simply localised fame. That said, the tables will turn somewhat in your later years, I'm guessing you're about 14/15, the change up is fast approaching if that is the case. May you enjoy it more than the current social hierarchy in which you find yourself.
tbh let them do their thing, for them it will be the best days of their life, life for them will probably go all but downhill when they reach adult age. haha. it is always funny seeing people who attach a huge importance on being "cool", try and adjust when they realise none of that **** really matters that much in the real world.
Original post by Baines3
You'll find you'll probably be friends with a variety of people at college so I'd suggest you cut back on this generalisation attitude you have.

This. The key difference is when you go to college you'll be with people who want to be their doing the subject/subjects you take, at school you're stuck with people who have to be there and many don't want to.
Sounds like my Sixth Form. Especially the correlation between intelligence and popularity.

What's od is that the populars now make up the majority of our sixth form, so why aren't the Inbetweeners now the populars :pierre:
Reply 27
Original post by Baines3
I was 15 when I first finger blasted the **** out of a popular girl and I've turned into a fine young chap. I'm sure these people will turn out to be the same way.

Also, I think you (OP btw) just have a very immature way of thinking. But it's understandable with you being in Year 11 still. Once you're at college, popularity goes out the window and there isn't really any divide between people. Hell, I'm good friends at college with people in my class who if I was at school I'd consider right geeks!

There's me going out and pulling every weekend whilst they collect Gamerscore points or whatever on Xbox. It doesn't stop me getting on with them though. You'll find you'll probably be friends with a variety of people at college so I'd suggest you cut back on this generalisation attitude you have.

Immature? Nah, probably the opposite. What's appealing about chavs (the ones getting no grades/getting kicked out of school, smoking weed and stealing things) and year 9-11 girls, also getting no grades, some pregnant and some that have already had sex with 10+ people at 15 all getting together at the weekend, wasted off Frosty Jacks or White Lightening and getting finger blasted so much they walk out from the back of Lidl looking like they've soiled their undergarments?

They're the types that are being on the dole or getting knocked up and living in a one bedroom council house with their six kids the rest of their lives. Fact.

By the way, I'm friends with every stereotype in my year and get on with everyone. I just choose not to socialize with those 'popular' types, so you're mistaken buddy. Can't wait for college, and I'm sure pulling in college is different to finger-blasting a 14 year old girl in a bush who's bladdered on Tesco cider.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Proboscis
Immature? Nah, probably the opposite. What's appealing about chavs (the ones getting no grades/getting kicked out of school, smoking weed and stealing things) and year 9-11 girls, also getting no grades, some pregnant and some that have already had sex with 10+ people at 15 all getting together at the weekend, wasted off Frosty Jacks or White Lightening and getting finger blasted so much they walk out from the back of Lidl looking like they've soiled their undergarments?

They're the types that are being on the dole or getting knocked up and living in a one bedroom council house with their six kids the rest of their lives. Fact.

By the way, I'm friends with every stereotype in my year and get on with everyone. I just choose not to socialize with those 'popular' types, so you're mistaken buddy. Can't wait for college, and I'm sure pulling in college is different to finger-blasting a 14 year old girl in a bush who's bladdered on Tesco cider.

You do seem to know a thing or two about finger blasting 14 year old girls. Telling us something?
Reply 29
Just clearing something up, I don't judge anyone based on stereotypes or who they are. I judge the people I'm talking about in this thread on smoking weed, stealing things, getting fingerblasted in public places and generally being complete messes.

I think I won't have an issue in college, because, although this wasn't the case in say year 9, at year 11 now I'm friends with every stereotype in my year.
Reply 30
Original post by bananaterracottapie
tbh let them do their thing, for them it will be the best days of their life, life for them will probably go all but downhill when they reach adult age. haha. it is always funny seeing people who attach a huge importance on being "cool", try and adjust when they realise none of that **** really matters that much in the real world.

Actually I would argue that it does matter, just the parameters of 'cool' shift. When I was at school, whether you were 'cool' or not was based at its most simplistic level on a ticklist of what you had done in life. It's somewhat arbitrary and meant that those cool people tended to be arrogant, worldly (as much as one can be in year 8) and good with the opposite sex. Now at University, 'cool' comes down more to the way you carry yourself, it's that balance of confidence which just makes a person endearing. It's a far less tangible version of 'cool' and holds a more sporadic sample of people as a result. These people then move into the work world and find that in most industries promotion is easier if people like you, even if they don't know why they like you. If you demonstrate necessary ability and are respected by the workforce you're likely the perfect person to lead them.
Reply 31
Original post by The Mad Dog
You do seem to know a thing or two about finger blasting 14 year old girls. Telling us something?

I'm 15, so it wouldn't matter.
Reply 32
Original post by Proboscis
I'm in Year 11. The last year it's got much worse, multiple year 8 and 9's have lost their virginity and two of my girl best friends from about year 8-9 are now pregnant as are a few other girls I know. It almost upsets me.

I'll never get caught up in it. Ever. Even if it means I'll have no girls interested in me, not because I'm ugly, cause I'm not. Cause I'm not 'popular' enough. It's not even about looks anymore either, I've seen various really unattractive chavs landing really quite gorgeous girls just for smoking weed and being melons. Meh, sickening.

Having seen it in action doing this will pay off with girls in the long run.

I honestly didn't believe the whole 'once you hit 25 a load of City boys walk into a bar and girls are all around them like guys are with girls at uni' thing until I actually saw it. Some of these guys were definitely geeks at school and had women throwing themselves at them because they had money, a good job and confidence.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by roh
Having seen it in action doing this will pay off with girls in the long run.

I honestly didn't believe the whole 'once you hit 25 a load of City boys walk into a bar and girls are all around them like guys are with girls at uni' thing until I actually saw it. Some of these guys were definitely geeks at school and had women throwing themselves at them because they had money, a good job and confidence.

Most likely gold diggers, but meh, whether this is true or not I'm never changing anyway. This would just be a bonus.
Reply 34
I'd rather beat a boss in Dark Souls then finger blast a year 8 anyways, if I'm honest.
Reply 35
I'm not sure you're labelling these people correctly. I know the type you're on about. At my school they were known as d***heads though, not popular. Smoking at the age of 13, drinking 3L bottles of cider etc is what the absolute no-hopers got up to. Popular kids, from my experience, are the ones who are clean and tidy, wear nice clothes, generally good looking, can be a bit cheeky in class and that, but at the end of the day they still value their education and more often than not do pretty well as go on to do A Levels.
Reply 36
Original post by Baines3
I'm not sure you're labelling these people correctly. I know the type you're on about. At my school they were known as d***heads though, not popular. Smoking at the age of 13, drinking 3L bottles of cider etc is what the absolute no-hopers got up to. Popular kids, from my experience, are the ones who are clean and tidy, wear nice clothes, generally good looking, can be a bit cheeky in class and that, but at the end of the day they still value their education and more often than not do pretty well as go on to do A Levels.

They are the no-hopers, but they're still popular. They're the ones with 200+ facebook likes, who everyone talks about... all you hear is where the next 'sesh' (chav slang for cider drinking session) is gonna be all week.

There's only three people in my WHOLE year going on to do A-Levels. Me, my mate and a girl in my year.
It's funny because I see this type everyday. Why are they popular? I haven't got a clue, but I just shrug it off my shoulder and avoid being like them because I know they're going to end up in the deep end. I'm in Year 10 and people must be starting to see sense because no one actually cares or listens to them anymore, everyone actually cares about their education and I'm quite surprised.

At the end of the day their the ones who are going to leave school with 3 D or E grade GCSEs and we're going to leave with decent 10 A's and A*'s.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
I don't think that's the case tbh, in my area the sluts/slags etc are only popular with the pervs and shxt.thats it:/

everyone else does'nt give two flying foooks about them:cookie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by yellowcopter
It's funny because I see this type everyday. Why are they popular? I haven't got a clue, but I just shrug it off my shoulder and avoid being like them because I know they're going to end up in the deep end. I'm in Year 10 and people must be starting to see sense because no one actually cares or listens to them anymore, everyone actually cares about their education and I'm quite surprised.

At the end of the day their the ones who are going to leave school with 3 D or E grade GCSEs and we're going to leave we decent A's and A*'s.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand il second that:bl: