The Student Room Group

Sex and periods

Poll

A girl

Dear TSRians, firstly, apologies for what you might find to be a disgusting thread - or at least, based on what I have read in previous threads, I thought this is what most people thought.

Basically, if a girl was on her period (your girlfriend, the girl you love or a girl you really, really want to have sex with - not a stranger/ONS), would you want to (or not mind) fingering her, performing oral on her and/or having sex with her. And conversely, if you are said girl, if the guy was willing (that is, he offers), which would you be comfortable with doing.

I'm asking mainly because I always believed guys were grossed out by periods, but most guys I've been with actually have not minded at all - so I was just wondering if this could actually be more widespread only that people don't care to announce it overtly due to taboo or social stigma.
Anyway, vote away!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aint going down on her if she's on her period..... End up looking like a vampire :smug:

And sex and periods had a messy experience when a certain someone forgot to mention it was that time of the month...
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
ah ye olde getting 'red handed' or faced if you're unlucky..
that poll is far too complicated.
I dont see the option "with oral sex" now i cant participate, did u do that on purpose?
Too many variables. Oral sex can be done with a tampon in, for example.

Personally, I'm female and I probably wouldn't - not because I think it's gross to do so, but because I never feel at all sexy or turned on during my period. The one boyfriend I've talked to about it would have been up for it. He was really curious about periods, anyway! I found it quite endearing.
Reply 6
Washing blood out of sheets - ain't nobody got time for that.
Reply 7
Going down on a girl on a period is just plain rank.

Anything else is alright as long as you don't mind it being messy tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
With my last girlfriend we just stayed clear for the period of period (heh)
Period week is blowjob week!
Reply 10
Guy, wouldn't do anything with a girl on her period. The blood is too much of a turn off. :frown:
Original post by redferry
Washing blood out of sheets - ain't nobody got time for that.

Put a towel down. Besides, periods arent on par with Niagra Falls, its not going to rush out like a giant waterfall..
Reply 12
Original post by eliza.anne
Going down on a girl on a period is just plain rank.

Anything else is alright as long as you don't mind it being messy tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I genuinely think it is disgusting to have sex when on your period due to the mess can be caused and having blood on your penis must not be nice *cringes* :s, and I'm guess we are all referring to sex in the bedroom?? However, if you go in the bath or shower, then it's not too bad since you are clean, etc.. (Wont go into details since dont wanna be crude) - but yeah, sex in shower can easily sort out having no sex in bedroom on that time of month but I guess you do have to be adventurous :P

Posted from
(edited 11 years ago)
I dont let my boyfriend touch me while im on my period. The thought of him going down when im on my period makes me gag the thought of him using his hands makes me gag,. Also sex wise theres a massive difference between coming off your period and being slap bang in the middle of it i would not have sex if i was in the middle of it
It's a no-no for me. It just doesn't do anything for me. I'd be happy to wait if need be.

Original post by cl_steele
ah ye olde getting 'red handed' or faced if you're unlucky..

Surfing the Red Tide.

Original post by canadamoose
Period week is blowjob week!

This.
Yay, BLOWJOB WEEK!
Original post by Journeyzap
Dear TSRians, firstly, apologies for what you might find to be a disgusting thread - or at least, based on what I have read in previous threads, I thought this is what most people thought.

Basically, if a girl was on her period (your girlfriend, the girl you love or a girl you really, really want to have sex with - not a stranger/ONS), would you want to (or not mind) fingering her, performing oral on her and/or having sex with her. And conversely, if you are said girl, if the guy was willing (that is, he offers), which would you be comfortable with doing.

I'm asking mainly because I always believed guys were grossed out by periods, but most guys I've been with actually have not minded at all - so I was just wondering if this could actually be more widespread only that people don't care to announce it overtly due to taboo or social stigma.
Anyway, vote away!!

Like **** would i let someone down there when im on..it would be very messy, who likes Jam anyway?Damnnnn!
Reply 18
Original post by Gladbags2012
Put a towel down. Besides, periods arent on par with Niagra Falls, its not going to rush out like a giant waterfall..

If you put a towel down you still have to wash the blood out of it! The last thing I want to be doing after sex is rushing to get fabrics under cold water before they stain. As someone who has had to do this on plenty of other occasions just due to heavy flow and somehow managing to do it by accident (thought Id finished, it was everywhere!!) the idea of it mixing with semen and doubling the amount seems hellish.

My showers are small and shared.

Basically unless at some point I aquire a giant shower or corner bath that **** is not happening.
First thread I see when I come on TSR. This is a nice start to the morning.

Periods are creepy. I've had mine for eight years and still I find them gross. They're too messy for sex and foreplay, I would not want to put anyone through that. However, it would act as great lubricant, but still, it's creepy. Period sex is strange.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending