The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Beaumont Hall 13/14!

So who has chose Beaumont hall for first year?! I have applied for catered standard ensuite there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Good luck! As a current resident :/
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
You will struggle to get catered standard ensuite. I know many people who applied for it and didn't get it but i have no regrets about not getting it and i've saved plenty of money. I love Beaumont, the people who you live with truly make it the place to be in terms of atmosphere. It is such a great place to be a fresher.
Reply 3
Original post by Doctor-to-be
Good luck! As a current resident :/

Why good luck?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Hunter_scfc
You will struggle to get catered standard ensuite. I know many people who applied for it and didn't get it but i have no regrets about not getting it and i've saved plenty of money. I love Beaumont, the people who you live with truly make it the place to be in terms of atmosphere. It is such a great place to be a fresher.

Well I applied very early! my second choice is Premium Single in Beaumont, if I do not get the standard ensuite am I likely to get my second choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Hart1995
Well I applied very early! my second choice is Premium Single in Beaumont, if I do not get the standard ensuite am I likely to get my second choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't get me wrong you could get it but it is tough competition and it isn't that bad if you don't. Yeah you should get your second choice at least as most rooms in Beaumont are Premium single. You will love it :smile:
Reply 6
Well as soon as the accommodation decides to let me sign up, then i'll be signing up for beaumont as well =]
Reply 7
Original post by charlie8
Well as soon as the accommodation decides to let me sign up, then i'll be signing up for beaumont as well =]

What room type you going for?? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
What room type you going for?? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well im going catered standard single, one more year of not cooking is a bonus. The way i look at it is that the second year you'll have to share all the facilities with other people anyway so ensuites and stuff dont bother me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Well im going catered standard single, one more year of not cooking is a bonus. The way i look at it is that the second year you'll have to share all the facilities with other people anyway so ensuites and stuff dont bother me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good attitude. I was dreading having a communal bathroom but it really doesn't matter and it hasn't been a problem. It saves you a lot of money as well. The food is fine as well and i'm so glad i went catered.

If you have any questions regarding Beaumont or anything to do with Leicester feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 10
Good attitude. I was dreading having a communal bathroom but it really doesn't matter and it hasn't been a problem. It saves you a lot of money as well. The food is fine as well and i'm so glad i went catered.

If you have any questions regarding Beaumont or anything to do with Leicester feel free to ask :smile:

Thanks man, will do !
Reply 11
Thanks man, will do !

Yes but you will be sharing with close friends who you know really well. With standard single you'll be on a long corridor with alot of people you dont know and could have bad hygine habbits! I wouldnt like to think im sharing with so many people who I could easily get illnesses from with sharing facilities. Getting in from nights out, some people are bound to be sick in them. Thats why i cant deal with shared!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yes but you will be sharing with close friends who you know really well. With standard single you'll be on a long corridor with alot of people you dont know and could have bad hygine habbits! I wouldnt like to think im sharing with so many people who I could easily get illnesses from with sharing facilities. Getting in from nights out, some people are bound to be sick in them. Thats why i cant deal with shared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think your over thinking it a lot pal. I understand where your coming from and i felt the same a while ago. However, after visiting a lot of my friends houses once they've moved out of the halls, i've actually found the cleanliness in things like bathrooms and Kitchens gets so much worse. Your always going to have people being sick and whatever regardless of whether you know the people or not, i wouldn't worry about getting Ill =]

Saying that, if i had a bit more money i would get an ensuite just for a year but, considering i'm poor, sharing showers don't really bother me haha.
Reply 13
I think your over thinking it a lot pal. I understand where your coming from and i felt the same a while ago. However, after visiting a lot of my friends houses once they've moved out of the halls, i've actually found the cleanliness in things like bathrooms and Kitchens gets so much worse. Your always going to have people being sick and whatever regardless of whether you know the people or not, i wouldn't worry about getting Ill =]

Saying that, if i had a bit more money i would get an ensuite just for a year but, considering i'm poor, sharing showers don't really bother me haha.

Well tbh if I get my second choice which is premium single in beaumont ill be alright sharing but I thought I might as well try for ensuite first!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys, i want to get beaumont with an ensuite..do i pick premium single room? I don't want to get catered, so do Ihave the option to get an ensuite @ beaumont?
does premium single @ beaumont have an ensuite?

Hey, i want to get an ensuite in beaumont....but i don't want catered. is it possible to get self catered with an ensuite? what does premium single room include?! sorry, i'm a confused bimbo right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, what does premium single in beaumont include? .... is it just a bedroom without an ensuite? i do not want to share a bathroom, but i do not want to be catered there : (
Original post by Applepie:)
Hey, i want to get an ensuite in beaumont....but i don't want catered. is it possible to get self catered with an ensuite? what does premium single room include?! sorry, i'm a confused bimbo right now

Hey :smile:. A premium single room is a single room with a washbasin but you have to share a communal bathroom. You're looking for a standard ensuite at Beaumont. I am pretty sure you can have one and be self catered as well.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/student-accommodation/your-room-types-explained
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Applepie:)
hey, what does premium single in beaumont include? .... is it just a bedroom without an ensuite? i do not want to share a bathroom, but i do not want to be catered there : (

Yeah what hunter said! He is the godly voice of LeicesterUni threads!

How come you don't want to be catered? :-) it looks good at leicester from I have seen and heard :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply