The Student Room Group

AQA A2 English Lit: Love through the ages

Hi

I am doing Love through the ages for A2 AQA english literature but my teacher is absolutely rubbish (they are never in) and we haven't finished reading some of the books or plays and I am getting nervous as we get closer to the summer exams.
:frown:

Some texts I am doing are A Streetcar named Desire, Wuthering Heights, The Canterbury Tales, The Merchant of Venice and The Color Purple.

If anyone has any quotes from these texts or any poems it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You :smile:
Original post by TheOCDpixie
Hi

I am doing Love through the ages for A2 AQA english literature but my teacher is absolutely rubbish (they are never in) and we haven't finished reading some of the books or plays and I am getting nervous as we get closer to the summer exams.
:frown:

Some texts I am doing are A Streetcar named Desire, Wuthering Heights, The Canterbury Tales, The Merchant of Venice and The Color Purple.

If anyone has any quotes from these texts or any poems it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You :smile:

Is this a case of your teacher hasn't been in from being ill or something, and your class is therefore behind, or that you were just studying sections/extracts from these texts in class and you were expected to have read them in your own time? Are they your wider reading, or the main exam texts?
Reply 2
Original post by Miss Jean Brodie
Is this a case of your teacher hasn't been in from being ill or something, and your class is therefore behind, or that you were just studying sections/extracts from these texts in class and you were expected to have read them in your own time? Are they your wider reading, or the main exam texts?

My teacher is just hardley ever in, but we are still studying the tects in full.
Original post by H9424
My teacher is just hardley ever in, but we are still studying the tects in full.

Unfortunate and harsh as that is, I think you're just going to have to crack on with it yourself. It's not good that you feel like you've been left to sink or swim, but only your knowledge and what you write in the exam will decide your grade. When life gives you lemons... What were your coursework grades like?

What have you read for wider reading? Unfortunately I've not read those texts so I can't offer anything other than advice, but have you looked at things like Sparknotes for ideas? It does go without saying though that at A2 in English Literature you should just be reading the books anyway, rather than waiting to read them in class.

I do feel sorry for you though, A Levels are stressful enough without this to worry about as well. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending