The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Primary education at Walsall

Has anyone else got a conditional offer to do primary education at Wolves?? Trying to find someone who will be on my course :smile: :smile: Sarah x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i have an interview there in a few weeks...could you perhaps let me know how the interview process goes? i'm quite nervous!! haha
x
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Not had an offer from them yet, but have got an interview in a few weeks. Can't wait for it, making sure I have enough info ready for when I go. How did your interview go?
Hello,

I hope to be starting in September too to do Primary Education, I'm waiting from my decision, very excited to start, what things have you learnt on your placements ready for the interview/course start?

Yvette xx
Reply 4
Original post by tonii24
i have an interview there in a few weeks...could you perhaps let me know how the interview process goes? i'm quite nervous!! haha
x

I had mine in December and I thought it was so relaxed during the interview which was really nice. After we signed in we had a tour of the campus amd the library and everything then we went and had some tests. There were three tests: English, Maths and science. They were alright actually but they don't completely influence their decision on the test so don't get really worried about them - I think they're just do identify your weaknesses and strengths so if they do give you a place then they know areas to concentrate on when you start. As to the actual interview, I was in a room with about 6 other people being interviewed each with a separate interviewer which was quite nice because it created a really relaxed atmosphere. I hope this is helpful and I really hope it goes well for you. :smile: Sarah xxx
Reply 5
Original post by Danderson1991
Not had an offer from them yet, but have got an interview in a few weeks. Can't wait for it, making sure I have enough info ready for when I go. How did your interview go?

Hi! Yeah I had my interview in December and then got a conditional which I was really pleased about because it is the one I wanted to get into. Is Wolverhampton your first choice? x Sarah x
Reply 6
Original post by yvette.hudson
Hello,

I hope to be starting in September too to do Primary Education, I'm waiting from my decision, very excited to start, what things have you learnt on your placements ready for the interview/course start?

Yvette xx

Hi Yvette :smile: I absolutely loved my placements so much! I didn't want to leave! I think it mainly just confirmed to me that teaching for me was definitely the right career for me. I got experience in both key stages and once or twice got to lead the class which was an amazing experience! I can't wait till I can do that on a regular basis and eventually hopefully all the time :smile: What about you? xxx :smile:
Original post by sarahp101
Hi! Yeah I had my interview in December and then got a conditional which I was really pleased about because it is the one I wanted to get into. Is Wolverhampton your first choice? x Sarah x

Well done on the offer. Yea Wolves is my first choice... and well, my only choice left. All the others declined my application so no pressure. I should do fine though I've got lots to say about the placement on the interview it's been so fun. What sort of questions did they ask you in the interview?
Reply 8
I had mine in December and I thought it was so relaxed during the interview which was really nice. After we signed in we had a tour of the campus amd the library and everything then we went and had some tests. There were three tests: English, Maths and science. They were alright actually but they don't completely influence their decision on the test so don't get really worried about them - I think they're just do identify your weaknesses and strengths so if they do give you a place then they know areas to concentrate on when you start. As to the actual interview, I was in a room with about 6 other people being interviewed each with a separate interviewer which was quite nice because it created a really relaxed atmosphere. I hope this is helpful and I really hope it goes well for you. :smile: Sarah xxx

thanks...i read something about that i have to plan a lesson or something is that in the test? haha I'm always so nervous for interviews but I'm sure it will be fine as you've said it is quite relaxed :smile: x
Reply 9
Well done on the offer. Yea Wolves is my first choice... and well, my only choice left. All the others declined my application so no pressure. I should do fine though I've got lots to say about the placement on the interview it's been so fun. What sort of questions did they ask you in the interview?

Oh no :frown: Where else did you apply? Umm they gave me quite a few scenario's and they said what would I do but I think that might have been my interviewer - They said it was meant to be 10 minutes but mine went on for ages!! Mainly the obvious such as why do you want to be a teacher? What have you learnt from your placements? etc. Just remember they're not trying to trick you if they ask you 'on the spot' questions - I freaked out on some and they were fine. It's not fixed questions they just have a table to fill out and to be honest he just let me talk and they if I missed anything he'd ask me a question about it.xxx
Reply 10
Original post by tonii24
thanks...i read something about that i have to plan a lesson or something is that in the test? haha I'm always so nervous for interviews but I'm sure it will be fine as you've said it is quite relaxed :smile: x

Yeah I remember seeing that and really panicking! They just gave me a piece of paper with four pictures of objects and you had to right down or mindmap how you could use that object in the classroom. I think it's trying to see your creativity. xx
Oh no :frown: Where else did you apply? Umm they gave me quite a few scenario's and they said what would I do but I think that might have been my interviewer - They said it was meant to be 10 minutes but mine went on for ages!! Mainly the obvious such as why do you want to be a teacher? What have you learnt from your placements? etc. Just remember they're not trying to trick you if they ask you 'on the spot' questions - I freaked out on some and they were fine. It's not fixed questions they just have a table to fill out and to be honest he just let me talk and they if I missed anything he'd ask me a question about it.xxx

I applied at Derby, Sheffield and Birmingham. Didn't even get an interview there though. Aslong as I know the sort of thing that happens in the interview I'm hoping that I'll do quite well. From what you said it sounds quite relaxed which is good.
How did you find the uni while you were there?
Reply 12
I applied at Derby, Sheffield and Birmingham. Didn't even get an interview there though. Aslong as I know the sort of thing that happens in the interview I'm hoping that I'll do quite well. From what you said it sounds quite relaxed which is good.
How did you find the uni while you were there?

I loved it! I liked how small it was because some uni's I looked round, the campus was really big which for some people it's great. I come from a very small village and a big family and when I went there, it was very closely knit - students showing us round said that by Christmas you will know everyone on campus which I really liked the look of xx
I loved it! I liked how small it was because some uni's I looked round, the campus was really big which for some people it's great. I come from a very small village and a big family and when I went there, it was very closely knit - students showing us round said that by Christmas you will know everyone on campus which I really liked the look of xx

That sounds amazing! I'd much rather have a smaller uni to go to, wouldn't like there being too many people at a time and having to walk for ages to get to a lecture/lesson. It would stop me from getting lost so easily aswell. Plus it sounds even better if everyone knows each other there eventually.

Will you be staying at halls there? I know I definitely will if I get a place there.
x
Reply 14
Yeah I remember seeing that and really panicking! They just gave me a piece of paper with four pictures of objects and you had to right down or mindmap how you could use that object in the classroom. I think it's trying to see your creativity. xx

Oohh okay that sounds alright tbf thanks!!! Ooh just have a few weeks to prepare now! :smile:
Reply 15
That sounds amazing! I'd much rather have a smaller uni to go to, wouldn't like there being too many people at a time and having to walk for ages to get to a lecture/lesson. It would stop me from getting lost so easily aswell. Plus it sounds even better if everyone knows each other there eventually.

Will you be staying at halls there? I know I definitely will if I get a place there.
x

Yeah I definetly will. I think I'm going to go for the standard accommodation. What about you? Also I remember them saying on the open day that you get gym and swimming pool membership included xx
Yeah I definetly will. I think I'm going to go for the standard accommodation. What about you? Also I remember them saying on the open day that you get gym and swimming pool membership included xx

I think I'm leaning more towards the en-suite accommodation. It'll all come down to how much money I have, so I'll cross that hurdle when I get to it. That's good if you get gym membership included :O

Easter break now! Time to relax and prepare for the interview :smile: x
Just thought I'd post an update, I got an offer from Wolverhampton! I've firmed it so will be studying there in September :smile:
Reply 18
Just thought I'd post an update, I got an offer from Wolverhampton! I've firmed it so will be studying there in September

Woooooo! it's my firm choice as well so hopefully we'll be seeing eachother in September. Which accommodation have you applied for/are hoping to apply for?
Woooooo! it's my firm choice as well so hopefully we'll be seeing eachother in September. Which accommodation have you applied for/are hoping to apply for?

I've applied for standard and en-suite but put en-suite as my preference, so hopefully I'll get that one. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest