The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Accommodation at Woodland Court

Hi,

I've just chosen Bath as my firm choice and am now looking at accommodation. I really love the look of Woodland Court and was looking to choose the enhanced en-suite option for woodland court (not the large or extra large option) and was wondering if anyone on here has stayed in this type of accommodation at woodland court?

I think the rooms look really nice and the idea of a double bed sounds nice but I just have a few questions if anyone can answer them:

1. Does the accommodation at woodland court actually look like it does in the pictures on this link: http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/types/campus/woodland-court/index.html

2. Does anyone know if the pictures shown on the above link show the large/extra large rooms as I don't want to be disappointed if I choose it and then it does not look like this room at all?

3. Is the kitchen really as good as it looks as it looks very nice for student halls?

4. How much would it cost per week for the enhanced ensuite room as the prices are not available yet if anyone knows of any past prices?

Thanks inn advance if anyone can answer any of these :smile:
In Woodland the kitchens are shared between 15, and it costs £145pw this year.

If I were you I'd go for Solsbury/Marlborough - kitchens are only between 6.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by RibenaRockstar

Oh really, I didn't realise it was shared between that many.

Solsbury/Malborough was my second choice actually, do you know how much their rooms are for an ensuite room? :smile:
Original post by abi1995
Oh really, I didn't realise it was shared between that many.

Solsbury/Malborough was my second choice actually, do you know how much their rooms are for an ensuite room? :smile:

This year, £135, I think.
Reply 4
This year, £135, I think.

Oh, not much difference in price then.
Original post by abi1995
Hi,

I've just chosen Bath as my firm choice and am now looking at accommodation. I really love the look of Woodland Court and was looking to choose the enhanced en-suite option for woodland court (not the large or extra large option) and was wondering if anyone on here has stayed in this type of accommodation at woodland court?

I think the rooms look really nice and the idea of a double bed sounds nice but I just have a few questions if anyone can answer them:

1. Does the accommodation at woodland court actually look like it does in the pictures on this link: http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/types/campus/woodland-court/index.html

2. Does anyone know if the pictures shown on the above link show the large/extra large rooms as I don't want to be disappointed if I choose it and then it does not look like this room at all?

3. Is the kitchen really as good as it looks as it looks very nice for student halls?

4. How much would it cost per week for the enhanced ensuite room as the prices are not available yet if anyone knows of any past prices?

Thanks inn advance if anyone can answer any of these :smile:

Take the pictures with a pinch of salt, they are shot with some kind of fish eye / panoramic lens so the perspective is off. Look at the skirting boards. But that is what the rooms look like and have in them, just maybe slightly elongated!

The beds are small doubles, not full doubles (unless they've changed these since my first year, which is unlikely).
Reply 6
Original post by Hedgeman49
Take the pictures with a pinch of salt, they are shot with some kind of fish eye / panoramic lens so the perspective is off. Look at the skirting boards. But that is what the rooms look like and have in them, just maybe slightly elongated!

The beds are small doubles, not full doubles (unless they've changed these since my first year, which is unlikely).

Ok thank you for your help, so would you recommend woodland court then? Also, did you think having to share a kitchen with 15 people too many or did you feel that it benefitted you? :smile:
Reply 7
On a slightly different note, what's the difference between Marlborough and Solsbury, and is it true that it's easier to get to know people in Marlborough and Solsbury than Woodland?
Original post by Gilli02
On a slightly different note, what's the difference between Marlborough and Solsbury, and is it true that it's easier to get to know people in Marlborough and Solsbury than Woodland?

There's no difference between Marlborough and Solsbury whatsoever. I think it's easier to get to know people well in M/S than Woodland due to having smaller kitchen groups, but living in Woodland you'll automatically meet more people.
Reply 9

Hi are all the prices going up £10 this year?

Also what's your opinion of Westwood and Eastwood?

I don't really need an ensuite which is why I'm looking at these instead of Sols/Marl.

However do you know how many share the kitchen facilities in Eastwood and Westwood?

On the website it seemed to say 11-13 share one kitchen in Eastwood, with only one hob, fridge etc. Can that really be correct?
Original post by montstar
Hi are all the prices going up £10 this year?

Also what's your opinion of Westwood and Eastwood?

I don't really need an ensuite which is why I'm looking at these instead of Sols/Marl.

However do you know how many share the kitchen facilities in Eastwood and Westwood?

On the website it seemed to say 11-13 share one kitchen in Eastwood, with only one hob, fridge etc. Can that really be correct?

I have no idea what the prices are for next year :tongue:

Westwood and Eastwood are perfectly nice, fairly recently refurbished too.

The one kitchen has multiple hobs and fridges - if I remember correctly it's either an extra double ring (to a total of 6 hob rings) or a complete second hob (to a total of 8 hob rings). And fridges are multiple too - each person gets a fridge shelf and a freezer drawer, as well as a cupboard.
Reply 11
I have no idea what the prices are for next year :tongue:

Westwood and Eastwood are perfectly nice, fairly recently refurbished too.

The one kitchen has multiple hobs and fridges - if I remember correctly it's either an extra double ring (to a total of 6 hob rings) or a complete second hob (to a total of 8 hob rings). And fridges are multiple too - each person gets a fridge shelf and a freezer drawer, as well as a cupboard.

Oh ok silly me I thought you meant those were the prices for 2013 entry.

Thanks that's really helpful :smile:

What's the advantage of Westwood over Eastwood then (as it costs more)?

Also why do so many people go for Solsbury and Marlborough? Is it just because of the en suite or are they nicer?
Original post by montstar
Oh ok silly me I thought you meant those were the prices for 2013 entry.

Thanks that's really helpful :smile:

What's the advantage of Westwood over Eastwood then (as it costs more)?

Also why do so many people go for Solsbury and Marlborough? Is it just because of the en suite or are they nicer?

I'm sure there is more than this, Im just researching for next year like you, but the biggest one probably is that Westwood is cleaned by the uni every so often (I forget how often), whereas in Eastwood you are left to your own filth (and the fine that comes along with it). That's what I was told at the open day anyway :rolleyes:

Not sure about Solsbury and Marlborough though as I have noticed the same thing, I'm sure they are nice but I don't need an ensuite, hence my preference for Westwood, but seeing this fuss makes me think I am missing something key here :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mathsman77
I'm sure there is more than this, Im just researching for next year like you, but the biggest one probably is that Westwood is cleaned by the uni every so often (I forget how often), whereas in Eastwood you are left to your own filth (and the fine that comes along with it). That's what I was told at the open day anyway :rolleyes:

Not sure about Solsbury and Marlborough though as I have noticed the same thing, I'm sure they are nice but I don't need an ensuite, hence my preference for Westwood, but seeing as this fuss makes me think I am missing something key here :confused:

You're not missing anything, some people are just diva-ish about not wanting to share bathrooms with strangers
Reply 14
Could someone do a Woodland Court vs Solsbury Court vs Marlborough Court vs Polden Court vs Osborne House please?

Also, when applying for accommodation do you pick just 1 or is there a list of preferences? When are rooms allocated? How fast is the Internet speed?
Original post by regulament
Could someone do a Woodland Court vs Solsbury Court vs Marlborough Court vs Polden Court vs Osborne House please?

Also, when applying for accommodation do you pick just 1 or is there a list of preferences? When are rooms allocated? How fast is the Internet speed?

All based on applications for the 2012/3 academic year:

You just pick one.

Rooms are allocated after offers turn unconditional firm.

The internet speed varies but is usually perfectly good. There is both WiFi and wired.
Reply 16
I see, thanks for your fast answer.

What do you think about the above options?
Reply 17
Original post by regulament
when applying for accommodation do you pick just 1 or is there a list of preferences?

All based on applications for the 2012/3 academic year:

You just pick one.

Accommodation informed me over a querry I made that this year we are going to have to give 4 choices in order of preference.
Reply 18
That sounds so much better. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest