The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hskjlclcn
Everytime my club embarrasses me some more - ikeme punching a tactics board (surprised we even have 1 to be honest!) Blackburn always manage to make me feel a little better about our own situation. What a mess of a football club :redface:

It's a pity that Matt Smith (the current Dr Who), a Blackburn fan, could not travel into the future so that Rovers fans would know how much longer they have to put up with the owners they have.
Micheal Appleton has been sacked I head? I'm sure that Blackburn have now sacked 4 managers in the last 8 months. Also, Appleton has been at 4 clubs in the space of 2 years; he must have got lots of compensation money! Plus, I thought the win at Arsenal would be something that earned his place as boss but it was not to be, well Blackburn have genuinely had a terrible underachieving season. If they had beaten Millwall though and reached the FA Cup semi's then presumably Appleton most definitely would not have been sacked.
Reply 8042
Original post by Scott129
Derby 2-1 Leicester.

Fantastic result for the Rams and, on the whole, I think we deserved it based on spirit alone.
Both teams were pretty terrible but Leicester seemed content trying to hoof it into our box at every opportunity, despite it not working once. Keogh, our captain, was magnificent.

2 more wins and I think we're safe now. COYR!

Could not agree more, we deserved them three points but to be perfectly honest it was one of the worst performances i have seen from the rams all season! A welcome and much needed return from Fielding i feel! And what a difference Jamie Ward makes when he is on the pitch!
I totally agree about Keogh, i also thought Bryson had a good game for saying he isnt fully fit!
Did you go to the game?
Original post by barnetlad
It's a pity that Matt Smith (the current Dr Who), a Blackburn fan, could not travel into the future so that Rovers fans would know how much longer they have to put up with the owners they have.

It's weird, these sort of bizarre owners usually come and go within a year - the venkys don't seem to be budging and I'd say Rovers fans will have at least another season (or 4 managers) before they pack their bags!
As a rovers fan i don't know what to make of the sacking.

1) he was making the right changes off the pitch in terms of players staff and he seemed to have calmed the embarrassment that is our board down. He may have been able to turn it around given more time.

2) he was never the right man for the job in the first place, we need an experienced manager, his tactics were dreadful as well and he seemed clueless when things were going the wrong way.

Personally I wish he had never been hired but it's such an embarrassment that we are now looking for our 6th manager this season (if you include caretakers)
Original post by Keeley8
Could not agree more, we deserved them three points but to be perfectly honest it was one of the worst performances i have seen from the rams all season! A welcome and much needed return from Fielding i feel! And what a difference Jamie Ward makes when he is on the pitch!
I totally agree about Keogh, i also thought Bryson had a good game for saying he isnt fully fit!
Did you go to the game?

Yeah, I like Frankie a lot, shows much more passion than Legzdins. Both good keepers but Frankie's distribution still concerns me.

And yeah, Jamie Ward is probably one of the few players who can create something out of nothing. Just a shame he's pretty much made of glass! Haha.

Didn't go, no. I was at university and with it being on Sky, I didn't fancy going home just for that. Will be going to the game vs Bristol though. How about you?

And just out of curiosity, what do you think to Chris Martin?
Reply 8046
Yeah, I like Frankie a lot, shows much more passion than Legzdins. Both good keepers but Frankie's distribution still concerns me.

And yeah, Jamie Ward is probably one of the few players who can create something out of nothing. Just a shame he's pretty much made of glass! Haha.

Didn't go, no. I was at university and with it being on Sky, I didn't fancy going home just for that. Will be going to the game vs Bristol though. How about you?

And just out of curiosity, what do you think to Chris Martin?

Yeah but i think if Legzdins was in goal i think we would of lost on saturday to be perfectly fair!

Yeah it is and he is tiny! but he fights for that ball more than sammon does!

i think sammon gets a bad rep and everything he does wrong people shout him down for. Like saturday he didnt make alot of mistakes compared to some people - hendrick for example but the fans just seem to like ripping into sammon more!

Yeah i went on saturday and yeah i will be there for bristol- i think if we win that then we are safe! i try to goto as many games as i can! :biggrin:

erm well i saw him against palace and didnt think he played that great but i thought he had a good game on saturday :smile: what do you think?
think it would be good to keep him until the end of the season.
Good to see Blades fans unconfident about appearing on TV on Saturday as we never win on TV either! Although I think the last game we won on TV may well have been a game against you the season after you came down? Other than that... no idea.

We're convinced that you're going to bounce back from that 4-0 at Stevenage and thrash us. Our away form's been really poor recently compared to earlier in the season: we've only won twice away since the turn of the year. That said, I think it is probably a really massive chance to put ourselves in a decisive position regarding an automatic promotion spot and we're winning games without Clayton Donaldson or Harry Forrester on form. If they're back to their best on Saturday, it'll be a really good game.
Original post by Keeley8
Yeah but i think if Legzdins was in goal i think we would of lost on saturday to be perfectly fair!

Yeah it is and he is tiny! but he fights for that ball more than sammon does!

i think sammon gets a bad rep and everything he does wrong people shout him down for. Like saturday he didnt make alot of mistakes compared to some people - hendrick for example but the fans just seem to like ripping into sammon more!

Yeah i went on saturday and yeah i will be there for bristol- i think if we win that then we are safe! i try to goto as many games as i can! :biggrin:

erm well i saw him against palace and didnt think he played that great but i thought he had a good game on saturday :smile: what do you think?
think it would be good to keep him until the end of the season.

Kind of agree about Sammon. He works hard for the team but he's simply not good enough in my opinion. His spinning air kick on Saturday was hilarious! Must be tough for him though when you can hear people groaning just because he's got the ball.

Ah, that's good that you go to as many games as you can. The atmosphere is less than good when full and with attendances falling, we need to get as many people going as possible. Especially with such a young side that could do with some support. I finish uni this year though so I'm going to buy a season ticket in the South Stand next year.

As for Martin, I like him a lot. Probably my favourite player behind Buxton and Hendrick actually. You can tell he's an intelligent player and his quick feet and technique are outstanding. Hope he stays on until the end of the season, if not permanently as he's out of contract in the summer.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jangrafess
Good to see Blades fans unconfident about appearing on TV on Saturday as we never win on TV either! Although I think the last game we won on TV may well have been a game against you the season after you came down? Other than that... no idea.

We're convinced that you're going to bounce back from that 4-0 at Stevenage and thrash us. Our away form's been really poor recently compared to earlier in the season: we've only won twice away since the turn of the year. That said, I think it is probably a really massive chance to put ourselves in a decisive position regarding an automatic promotion spot and we're winning games without Clayton Donaldson or Harry Forrester on form. If they're back to their best on Saturday, it'll be a really good game.

Don't think we were on TV much last season! This is our second season in League One now.
It's a nailed on away win sadly for us...maybe for once they can prove me wrong though! :wink: Hope you have a great day minus the result.
Snow is forecast but let's hope not so it doesn't affect the match! :eek:

Shame Yeovil and Swindon didn't draw last night don't you think!? :colondollar:
Original post by ipswichblade
Don't think we were on TV much last season! This is our second season in League One now.
It's a nailed on away win sadly for us...maybe for once they can prove me wrong though! :wink: Hope you have a great day minus the result.
Snow is forecast but let's hope not so it doesn't affect the match! :eek:

Shame Yeovil and Swindon didn't draw last night don't you think!? :colondollar:

I'm with Ipswichbladelass but we'll see, eh?

Will be interesting if the snow does come (and it's meant to - in bucketloads!), because we don't have any spare midweek games, and it might be forced to be played after the season has finished - promotion playoff potentially! Boy that would be exciting and awful.

All ifs and buts, of course. But yes, I do agree IBL, a draw would have been ideal, but it's still in our hands - starting at BDTBL on Saturday!!

COYRAWW. To the Brentford fan, if you're wanting decent pubs or owt let us know. Enjoy yer day fella bar the result.
I know this does concern a current "p" league team, but if you were Gus Poyet why would you move to Reading, who are not likely be in a better situation then Brighton come the start of next season :confused:
Maybe I've just committed a massive faux pas and the team we beat on TV was Wednesday!

Won't have much time for pubs - I'm working in the morning in Manchester, will arrive in Sheffield 20 mins before KO and I leave again shortly afterwards for another commitment in Manchester.
But there's a tiny chance of staying in PL with Reading, and they'll be in a better position 2013/14 in the Champ than Brighton you'd imagine.

Oh, and ££££££££££££££££££ :rolleyes:

Okay dokey Jangrafess. I'm tempted to make a dash to Rotherham for their game. Shame there isn't a local evening game so I could do 3 in the same day!

pS, this might be obvious....but what does Jangrafess mean? It might be related to your username....but I don't recognise that either!
Original post by billyblademan
I'm with Ipswichbladelass but we'll see, eh?

Will be interesting if the snow does come (and it's meant to - in bucketloads!), because we don't have any spare midweek games, and it might be forced to be played after the season has finished - promotion playoff potentially! Boy that would be exciting and awful.

All ifs and buts, of course. But yes, I do agree IBL, a draw would have been ideal, but it's still in our hands - starting at BDTBL on Saturday!!

COYRAWW. To the Brentford fan, if you're wanting decent pubs or owt let us know. Enjoy yer day fella bar the result.

Looking at the forecast, I would say the game may not be on. :frown: Lots of heavy snow forecast, let's hope they are totally wrong!
Had a nightmare last night that Wednesday went down and United came up.

This is the first time this season since about October/November when I've really thought it would happen :/
Original post by Jangrafess
Maybe I've just committed a massive faux pas and the team we beat on TV was Wednesday!

Won't have much time for pubs - I'm working in the morning in Manchester, will arrive in Sheffield 20 mins before KO and I leave again shortly afterwards for another commitment in Manchester.

Not sure but I reckon it must have been Wednesday!
It could have been this one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8964385.stm
Did Francis Jeffers really score 2 goals for Accrington the other night. Exceptional! He's still got it even in the lower divisions now.
Original post by ipswichblade
Not sure but I reckon it must have been Wednesday!
It could have been this one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8964385.stm

Probably, that was a Sunday game from memory in our first season in L1.
Reply 8059
Kind of agree about Sammon. He works hard for the team but he's simply not good enough in my opinion. His spinning air kick on Saturday was hilarious! Must be tough for him though when you can hear people groaning just because he's got the ball.

Ah, that's good that you go to as many games as you can. The atmosphere is less than good when full and with attendances falling, we need to get as many people going as possible. Especially with such a young side that could do with some support. I finish uni this year though so I'm going to buy a season ticket in the South Stand next year.

As for Martin, I like him a lot. Probably my favourite player behind Buxton and Hendrick actually. You can tell he's an intelligent player and his quick feet and technique are outstanding. Hope he stays on until the end of the season, if not permanently as he's out of contract in the summer.

he works the hardest out of the whole team in my opinion but then thats not what we wanted from him - we wanted him to score goals and at the minute hes not doing that :frown: i do feel bad for him though because his confidence is probably already low and then with the fans getting on his case all the time im guessing that doesnt help.

yeah i love going to watch them, but its difficult because i work at the weekends so i have to book days off but i go to most weekday games as i dont have to book it off work then! i went mental at some fans at the game against Bolton cause they were just constantly slagging off all the players and saying how we dont deserve to be in the championship and saying they were going to support someone else next season! i was furious haha! a little 5 foot 1 19 year old having ago at some fully grown men was hilarious! I think we used to have some some of the best fans in the championship but theyre not what they used to be! i couldnt believe the atmosphere against forest this year, i was nearly non existant!!

yeah i like buxton and i think Hendrick has had some awesome games this season! my favorite player is jamie ward though and i think Jacobs plays well when hes on! i really rate Mason Bennett too!
On sky sports news it says that martin is staying till the end of the season! :smile:

Latest