The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Offer Holders 2013 Chat Thread :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DrAtticusFinch
They're ok, I guess I'm a bit behind given all the preparation for interviews this past month. However I am getting back on track and should be fine for June. How about you?

Quite scared I won't get the A grade in biology
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Natalie21
Christ's :smile:. How about you? :smile:.

St Catharine's :smile: maybe see you there! Are you confident about getting that A*?
Original post by rondone1
St Catharine's :smile: maybe see you there! Are you confident about getting that A*?

Oooh nice :biggrin:. Hahaha noo way - I was before I got my offer and now I'm terrified :wink:. How about you?
Reply 43
Original post by Natalie21
Oooh nice :biggrin:. Hahaha noo way - I was before I got my offer and now I'm terrified :wink:. How about you?

Hahaa same! Now I have the offer it makes it so much more scary if I don't get the A*- it would just be such a shame to do all the work to get the offer, and then miss the grades :redface: fingers crossed though!
Reply 44
just firmed UCL! yeeeees! hope to see you all in september x
Anyone else apply for accommodation yet?
IM SO CONFUSED ABOUT THE HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE, do we have to get all those jabs and prove that we have them before we send it back or what? I JUST DONT GET IT, POTENTIALLY COS ITS 12.25am BUT STILL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarahtonin
IM SO CONFUSED ABOUT THE HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE, do we have to get all those jabs and prove that we have them before we send it back or what? I JUST DONT GET IT, POTENTIALLY COS ITS 12.25am BUT STILL

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha your last sentence :P

What I did was fill it in and send it off as soon as it was done. Then book the Hep C (I think) vaccinations, organise your BCG and I think they'll give you a blood test once you get to UCL :smile:

----------
Harantony
Reply 48
Hi everyone! Firming UCL...don't know what else to say. Great first impression from me.

I never thought I'd be saying that I'm firming UCL! :biggrin: It's crazy.
Original post by Harantony
Haha your last sentence :P

What I did was fill it in and send it off as soon as it was done. Then book the Hep C (I think) vaccinations, organise your BCG and I think they'll give you a blood test once you get to UCL :smile:

----------
Harantony

AAAAH thank you, I think ill just call my gp and ask her to fill in for what I have, and then send it off and get the other stuff afterwards

IM JUST SO SCARED ABOUT MISSING THE DEADLINE! SO SCARED. How much would it suck if you did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarahtonin
AAAAH thank you, I think ill just call my gp and ask her to fill in for what I have, and then send it off and get the other stuff afterwards

IM JUST SO SCARED ABOUT MISSING THE DEADLINE! SO SCARED. How much would it suck if you did

Posted from TSR Mobile

Talk about falling over at the final hurdle :P
Reply 51
Original post by AspiringDr18
Anyone else apply for accommodation yet?

Do you get an email about applying for accommodation soon after you have put UCL as firm choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the music extra curricular like at ucl? Saw a representative from there today and she said the facilities were "limited" - I want to do medicine but music is an important hobby.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So do we get a blood test when we get there? (I'm not sure if we're meant to get one right now)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I supposed that we get a blood test once we get there.

I got my BCG today - the first few minutes felt like someone was rubbing stinging nettles all over my arm D:
Reply 55
I supposed that we get a blood test once we get there.

I got my BCG today - the first few minutes felt like someone was rubbing stinging nettles all over my arm D:

i had my mantoux on friday and im "clean" but i dont want to have the BCG! it will be like a nasty running pimple for 6 weeks and then it will leave a scar. best part: it is not like 100% effective either, like 60% or something..
Original post by aanna
i had my mantoux on friday and im "clean" but i dont want to have the BCG! it will be like a nasty running pimple for 6 weeks and then it will leave a scar. best part: it is not like 100% effective either, like 60% or something..

I had my Mantoux on Friday too and it wasn't too bad. It came up completely negative and so I just blanked out the thought of the pain, discharge and scabs and did it. I actually didn't feel the needle go in but boy did I feel the liquid! It just looks like I have a red blemish there now the size of a rubber on the end of a pencil. I'm awaiting the hard, pussy lump :P

When is your actual BCG?

----------
Harantony
Reply 57
I had my Mantoux on Friday too and it wasn't too bad. It came up completely negative and so I just blanked out the thought of the pain, discharge and scabs and did it. I actually didn't feel the needle go in but boy did I feel the liquid! It just looks like I have a red blemish there now the size of a rubber on the end of a pencil. I'm awaiting the hard, pussy lump :P

When is your actual BCG?

----------
Harantony

this is so disgusting. chances are we are going to be doctors for crying out loud and we are moaning over a freaking lump. just think that out there someone is getting an amputation or something! I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE LIQUID, that u could feel it i mean! i once has a CT with contrast, it is by far the worst feeling in the world. you can actually feel the liquid travelling from your arm to the rest of your body (you will be amazed how fast it travels though!). i didnt book my BCG i was still waiting the pros and cons of having it :P but its fine cause i dont have a GP but a pediatrician who comes to my home 30 minutes after i call her so all is good! ill prob have it today/tomorrow or something
Original post by aanna
this is so disgusting. chances are we are going to be doctors for crying out loud and we are moaning over a freaking lump. just think that out there someone is getting an amputation or something! I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE LIQUID, that u could feel it i mean! i once has a CT with contrast, it is by far the worst feeling in the world. you can actually feel the liquid travelling from your arm to the rest of your body (you will be amazed how fast it travels though!). i didnt book my BCG i was still waiting the pros and cons of having it :P but its fine cause i dont have a GP but a pediatrician who comes to my home 30 minutes after i call her so all is good! ill prob have it today/tomorrow or something

My brother had to have a CT scan with contrast. I don't mind watching/doing the injections (or anything gory) but I just hat feeling it on myself. :P

The woman who gave me it said it stings because the skin is tight and they inject it under the skin.
Reply 59
Finally firmed UCL!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending