The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Where are Derby University students living in 2013/14?

Hi all,

If you are a Derby University student I wondered what your accommodation plans are for the 2013/14 academic year?

Are you staying in University Halls? Are you going into private student houses? Are you staying at home and commuting?

Who is still looking for accommodation for next year?

Your help would be appreciated! :smile:

Many thanks, Bel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think im going to be staying in Fresh Student Living
http://www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/locations/derby
:smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Remember guys, we also have the find your flatmates sticky at the top of our forum :-)
Reply 3
Original post by MissYas
I think im going to be staying in Fresh Student Living
http://www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/locations/derby
:smile:

Yeah! Im a second year at Derby University. I have just now booked a studio with Fresh student living down the road and there well nice! cheap too! id recommend these to everyone who is looking at places to stay while studying. oh and there brand new with 3/4 beds! happy days what more can a student ask for! just take a look :smile:
http://www.newstudentflats.co.uk/derby/
Reply 4
Original post by sylvie_123
Yeah! Im a second year at Derby University. I have just now booked a studio with Fresh student living down the road and there well nice! cheap too! id recommend these to everyone who is looking at places to stay while studying. oh and there brand new with 3/4 beds! happy days what more can a student ask for! just take a look :smile:

Ah kool..

Have you been to view the show room?
Also is it really 20mins on the bus from uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by MissYas
Ah kool..

Have you been to view the show room?
Also is it really 20mins on the bus from uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh i seen them and that was it better than anywhere else that ive been or seen in derby! . . I mean 3/4 bed everything brand new wireless internet what more could you want! :smile: no its not 20mins who said that lol its 20mins walking from nunnery court around the corner where i spent 1st year the free bus number 4 from britannia mill is 10 minutes max! :smile:
Reply 6
Yeh i seen them and that was it better than anywhere else that ive been or seen in derby! . . I mean 3/4 bed everything brand new wireless internet what more could you want! :smile: no its not 20mins who said that lol its 20mins walking from nunnery court around the corner where i spent 1st year the free bus number 4 from britannia mill is 10 minutes max! :smile:

Ah that's great .. I was worried about booking before I'd seen then because of distance.. Thanks for that :smile:
What are you studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Im going to start my first year and looking into places to stay. You recommend this but would you for first years?
Reply 8
Original post by cade95
Im going to start my first year and looking into places to stay. You recommend this but would you for first years?

I'll be going into my first year and staying there I think quite a few will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leighcakes and I have got a offer for en-suite plus in Sir Peter Hilton. I am in room 1, Flat 06, Second Floor.
Reply 10
Just a head ups about booking Darley Bank- when you book your room you are able to see current students booked into the rooms gender and what year they are in before selecting a room :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by MissYas
Just a head ups about booking Darley Bank- when you book your room you are able to see current students booked into the rooms gender and what year they are in before selecting a room :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

what type of room and floor are you in? And how much will that cost if you dont mind me asking? Really i need to keep the price down!
Reply 12
Original post by cade95
what type of room and floor are you in? And how much will that cost if you dont mind me asking? Really i need to keep the price down!

I haven't booked yet but will do on the next week or so ... Erm rooms are from £99 all ensuite .. The more people you share with the cheaper the price .. If you google Darley bank derby you can get accurate prices .. But I think it's definitely worth the money

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I've lived in Derby all my life, if you have any general questions about the place or what the areas are like anywhere north of Ashbourne Road give me a shout :wink:
Reply 14
Ah yeah..i really want to go darley but prices may be cheaper in halls! Really dont know any more :s
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by cade95
Ah yeah..i really want to go darley but prices may be cheaper in halls! Really dont know any more :s
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah halls will probably be cheaper but think of the pluses
-bigger ensuite instead a space shuttle
-brand new - so we'll be the first people to live/eat/sleep in the rooms ..
But at the end of the day it's your decision..

What will you be studying??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by MissYas
Yeah halls will probably be cheaper but think of the pluses
-bigger ensuite instead a space shuttle
-brand new - so we'll be the first people to live/eat/sleep in the rooms ..
But at the end of the day it's your decision..

What will you be studying??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah still very tempted! Graphic design..you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by cade95
Yeah still very tempted! Graphic design..you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kool. Sport and dance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea which halls to pick! Darley Bank looks nice, but the £99 a week is for 50 weeks which is silly! Any one recommend any?
I'm picking Nunnery Court or St Christopher's, mainly because they are close to my campus. :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending