The Student Room Group

Want To Change My Firm and Insurance University Offers???

Hey, I made my firm choice Manchester and my insurance choice Salford. But I’ve realised I’ve made a big mistake and really want to make Salford my firm choice instead as the course is much more suited to me. Is there any way I can change it and how would I go about it?? it's starting to stress me out because i wanna go salford badly!!
Reply 1
You have to contact each of the universities and explain the situation
Errr... I think it's officially too late :s-smilie: You may have the option on results day to phone both unis up to get Manchester to 'release' you and Salford to accept you, but this is by no means guaranteed (you're basically relying upon Salford having clearing places available, although I don't think it technically counts as going through clearing...). I don't think there's any way of changing your decision now.
EDIT: agree with above, phone the unis up and ask for advice.
Reply 3
I believe you can do it within a week or something by contacting UCAS.

If it's been any longer than that, you also need to contact your current choices and any other universities you would like to add to your choices. It's not guaranteed, but they might let you - Manchester won't want a student who doesn't want to be there anyway.
Reply 4
When did you reply to your offers? You have 7 days from the date you replied to change it, just simply phone up UCAS to do this (I did this on Monday). Any longer than 7 days, phone UCAS for advice and/or the universities.
If it's less than seven days since you set your firm and insurance choice, phone UCAS and you can change it.

If it's been longer, start by phoning your insurance choice and asking if they'd accept becoming your firm choice. If they agree, phone your firm choice and ask if they'll become your insurance. You need both of them to agree. If they do, contact UCAS to get them switched over :smile:
Reply 6
Manchester uni is an amazing uni though
This is why anyone currently making decisions about Firm & Insurance should think oh so carefully about their choices BEFORE they enter them, and not after.

Make the decision in your head - but dont actually enter it until you HAVE to.
Reply 8
Original post by Rachel26
Manchester uni is an amazing uni though

i know it's a good uni. But the course i wanna do at Salford is much more suited to me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending